Camera Stutter

At some random point in time, my camera started spazzing. If I look in any direction, the camera erratically shakes. It doesn’t happen if I’m doing something like making a potion, and gets worse or better seemingly at random. I’ve been playing for about four hours like this. It makes the game nearly unplayable. Tried messing around with Vsync and just about anything else I could think of. No luck.

2 Likes

Does it look like this?
https://vimeo.com/260697303
I’ve posted lots of messages about this bug on forums, but no one has answered.
Messing around with the game settings does not help. The bug disappears only if you start a new game or load a save file from another computer. So the problem is in the save file itself. Somehow the bug is related to the saved game. If you haven’t done much progress since the time the bug appeared, you can try reloading one of the previous saves and try to find out what caused the problem. Unfortunately I have deleted all “clean” saves, otherwise I’d have tried to find the reason…

1 Like

I have the same issue. Never showed up on my first play through, but on my second one, about halfway in, it started out of nowhere. I was fighting one of the last bandit camps. It is related to the save game, I couldn’t find a fix for it :frowning: Problem is by the time I realized it was tied to the saved game, I had already made a lot of progress in the game, so now I am stuck with an unplayable playline. I’m glad you made the video, it looks exactly like my problem.

Do you use any mods? I’m using Unlimited saving, but I doubt that it could cause the bug… But who knows.

Hmmm…I am using Instant Herb Picking because the default animation is giving me headaches ( make a game 1st person…make the animation for herb picking 3rd person -.- ). Also the mod that disables that annoying reticle in the middle of the screen, and a user.cfg with hide/show UI keybinds for screenshots and volumetric fog enabled. A reshade preset and that’s about it. No gameplay changing mods. The thing is…I played through the full game once before this camera shaking / stuttering bug came up, and I also tried to play on vanilla but the bug persists. Once I saved the game that way, it wouldn’t go away.

I am using no mods. Playing the game completely vanilla. :frowning: And that is exactly what is happening on my game!

For some time this issue stopped for me, maybe it was a cutscene what ended it but now the camera stuttering is back and it is even worse than the video showed above. I am using some mods but it seems like the problem isn’t connected to it.
Maybe it’s a performance issue? I am just scratching the recommended hardware. (950 gtx, 8gb ddr 4 and an intel i3. Also i am running the game on my ssd)

1 Like

Running a GTX 1080 TI here / i7 3770k / 16 GB DDR3, so no, it’s not performance related :slight_smile: Game runs pretty smooth for me most of the time ( 3440 x 1440 )

I hope somebody finds the solution because right now my save is “literally unplayable” :slight_smile:

A few days ago I couldn’t find any topic on this bug on forums. But now they are beginning to appear. It seems that the bug has been brought with the latest patch…

Oddly enough, about a day after posting this, the problem went away. It’s been gone for about two hours of playtime, at least. I was doing the main quest, so maybe something with the cutscenes does reset whatever causes this bug.

Same problem here. I suspect it has something to do with patch 1.3 or 1.3.3 It didn’t happen before then although I was later to the party. I didn’t realize until way too late that it was an issue with a save, as such I do not have one to go back on. Restarting is not an acceptable fix for me.

Please see the issue is as follows:

1 Like

I’m getting the same behaviour since 1.3 on Xbox One X. It isn’t as ‘violent’ as the video posted above, but it has stopped me playing for now.

Too soon to tell for 100%. But the issue may have just randomly stopped. I wanted to to some non combat missions that I could so I talked to theresa for a walk (it was raining so it was a no go). Alt - tabbed to read the bug site and other sites for quite a while and when I cam back it was working. So far… I was alt tabbed allowing the world to continue on.

I also removed my helmet, coif and mail coif. Doubt that impacted it.

1 Like

I just checked my save and the camera problem still persists, started a new game :frowning: Didn’t try alt-tabbing with the game world running in the background ( come to think of it, I think only task manager works for me, alt tab does not bring me to desktop ). Let us know if the camera goes crazy again, maybe that alt tab did the trick.

they will fix this problem in 1.4 (next patch is 1.3.4)

1 Like

I really didn’t want to play with the unlimited saves mod, I somewhat liked the ideea of the saviour schnapps saving, so you can’t save scum the game, at least not until you can insta-brew potions, but these bugs that make me lose a ton of progress make me think I should save the game often enough so I have an alternative. Unlimited saving it is then until they fix most of the problems.

Is it true that they fixing the stuttering in 1.4 or was that just sarcasm? (Hard to tell these things on the internet sometimes)

Same here! Can’t play that way. I hope it will be fixed next patch.

The Devs are working on this and should be fixed in 1.4.

All my saves do it and even starting a new game doesn’t help which is annoying. I did find that by turning off motion blur helps a bit, it doesn’t get rid of the problem completely but it makes it much less noticeable, at least it has for me.

At least we know it is being worked on and should be all sorted by the end of next week