Camera Stutter

For those reading this and have not yet experienced the bug, dont leave stuff on the ground or throw stuff away. Just store it in your stash or sell, even the cheapest pieces. It seems like physics start to misbehave after certain critical amount of items that fall through the ground.

Tell that to the guards throwing their halberds everywhere!

1 Like

I will be surprised if they can’t fix this come 1.4. Should be a simple matter to code the cleaning up of discarded items after say 5-10 mins.

just watch and be amazed when the 1.4 will come out :wink:

after 1.34 most of the shake went away…for a few real days. now it is back but now most of the time for only when you start to move left or right for a few seconds but can continue if you keep rotating. Tho certain places like the mines a some camps for up to 10 seconds. Please have 1.4 perma cure this!!!
am on PC and get this on mouse and xbox 1 wireless controller.

I have a genius idea so you check this out later on in the game if you’ve noticed the polearm litter well if this is true about throwing too many things on the ground can cause this bug let alone some of the people that you kill and their swords disappear

If this is true regardless of you throwing things down the npcs do it

thats a good point, i saw these polearm-topic today. the stutters could come from items the npc let fallen to ground. as i wrote, for me it begins to stutter in prologue when i let fallen all the dirty food to ground.

maybe these polearms are the reason why it stutters not for all player so far. you have to be on a point in the game, where the npcs already have let fallen many items.

a auto-delete/refresh for all items on the ground after one ingame week or so could be the solution

Well 1.4 is here and the bug still exists. Is there mayby a command that is able to delete all dropped items? By player and/or NPC’s? I already tryed to use an old save, but the bug always returned after a while, making the game unplayable.

You are way too exaggerateing, just give them some time. It seems to me that they are putting much time and love into the game, only that they released it too early and can’t get after the bugs that quick.

Also I found a work arround for the bug that doesen’t remove it entierly but it makes the game playable again. Try fixing your fps to 30 with Sys_MaxFPS = 30 that should do it.

I didn’t try it with other fixes it could work too with 60 or what ever your system is able to manage.

New patch is out. Hasn’t fixed it for me yet. But I am told it takes time for the cleanup to work properly.

the whole game! Scr_wed GOG version., causes lockups,greenery looks like it came from minecraft. Herbs not there then are then not. Can’t use old saves. did not see the hair option or the free DLC
What mods I did get to use at the 3rd restart seem ok.

No-one told me specifically. It was a thread on this forum, don’t remember which.

Fair enough, so it’s still happening for you also? So do we have to restart a new game? That is going to piss me off if it’s the case.

1 Like

Keep in mind who you’re taking advice from lol. The main quest does fail for lots of people so they have some kind of conflict from another questfix or the barber stuff. I hope they can hotfix that and push it tomorrow.

Jep I also realised after some playing that it was getting better. Kind of strange that they did’t “cleand” all at once.

Just give them some time? For f***s sake this bug has been reported a few weeks ago and it is making the game unplayable. Adding new content like new hairstyles in to the game does not help if you are not even able to play the freaking game… Even monstrosity mass effect andromeda was better patched than this game and I think that says alot about KCD’s current state.

EDIT: Tried different settings with Sys_MaxFPS. Value 30 is unplayable but tested values between 45-60 helped a bit. Much less stuttering. Combat is still buggy camera is all over the place, but it’s better than nothing i guess… And yay now you can master strike with a mace or axe!

I wonder how much time is enough. It’s almost two months after release and I literally cannot play the game. Small bugs are one thing, but when you literally cannot play because of camera issues. That is not acceptable.

1 Like

Really wish I could refund this game

I left my game active. Walked away to test a theory for like an hour. Came back and it was so much better. I had to do this in both rattay and rattay mill.

Try it, might help.

1 Like