Can I run it?

Hey there guys!
I’ve been following KCD for several months now and really want to try it out.
Now, my PC is not the newest, and so here is the question: Do you think I can run it?

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz
RAM: 12 GB
GPU: 1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
SATA Harddrive with enough space available

Buying a better PC is out of question as i will give it away in a few months anyways.
Does anyone have a similar setup or can give some feedback on

• IF it will run at all (several people reported that it would not even start on their machines)
  • which FPS can be expected on Low Settings (again, IF it runs)
    ?

Any kind of advice appreciated!!
cheers

PS:
the 50 bucks are within my budget for games but it would also be a
waste to buy it and realize it won’t run at all or at 10 fps

PPS: posted this thread on steam as well @ http://steamcommunity.com/app/286860/discussions/0/357286663680136639/

With 1GB of VRAM, Probably not at all I’m afraid, Since people with much higher end machines are having troubles running this.

My laptop has:
Windows 10 Pro
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz 4.00GHz
RAM: 16,0 GB
GPU: GTX 980 with 8192 Dedicated VRAM
Game installed on a SSD Samsung 950 PRO NVMe

On lowest settings with distance and LODs turned to basically 1, I get a sort-of stable 40-50 FPS. With slight stuttering, running on GSYNC.

And lets just say I can run Crysis 2 with BlackHawk mod and MaldoHQ4 on 75fps (75hz monitor) stable. Not the same, but should set the baseline.

The game is pretty heavy and need a too much resources to run smoothly on your PC. The minimum requirements are as follows:

CPU: Intel Core i5-750 2.66 GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz
RAM: 16 GB System Memory
GPU: DirectX 11 capable graphics card. We expect this to be a GeForce GTX 950 or a Radeon HD R7 370
DX: DirectX 11

That definitely isn’t minimums. Looks more like a recommended spec for the unoptimised beta.

I’d expect better performance from lower hardware for the release version tbh.

The minimum requirements are seen here on this page:

He’s saying to get it to run smoothly, that those are the minimums. Currently listed beta minimum requirements are: Quadcore CPU, Direct X 11 capable GPU, 8 GB RAM, 20 GB HDD, Windows 7 x64.

The real problem with the OP is that the GPU isn’t even close to be able to run it, and the CPU isn’t that great either, but might be okay with a reasonable GPU.

Do you think his setup + an EVGA GT640 (non superclocked) can handle it “smoothly”? Or still not enough?

A 750 Ti can do 30-35 FPS at 720p with low settings. 20-25 FPS, high settings, is pretty jerky and difficult to play through. A 640 is a little lower than a 750 Ti, but I’d say you might be able to squeeze 20-30 out of it. It wouldn’t be smooth, but it wouldn’t be completely unplayable I don’t think. You’d have to test it out to know for sure.

Oh ok. I was wondering because I have an extra EVGA GT640 laying around and I was considering on gifting it to OP if it would be playable with his current setup.

Depending on what @Aradiel says on my last comment, I don’t mind passing you my old EVGA GT640 (non-superclocked). It’s even repasted with Arctic Silver, just because I got bored one day. I know it won’t be the best with 60fps, but it might be better than what you have and free. :slight_smile:

Edit: after a bit more research, it seems that a GT640 is a hair over and a hair under the HD 6850. Not sure which you have but I’m doubting it would even be worth the change :frowning:

You’d have to try it to be sure, as I said, but it wouldn’t be an optimal experience. You could probably get it to be playable though, which his current card is not.

It’s taken me this long to realize we are both replying to the same 2 threads. Hahaha. But, yes, I figured it would be something like a trial and error type situation. For what it’s worth, I did have the game running under that card with a Pentium G2020. I don’t remember what the fps were, but I am quite sure they were less than 35. Eh, it’s something.

Thanks,
you may also try showbox app for android devices. awesome

Was gonna buy a copy, but curious if my rig will even run it well enough to enjoy. Using: Processor Intel Core i3 3220 CPU @3.30GHz, 8G RAM, 64bit, GeForce GTX 645. I don’t know enough about the specs to know what all that means lol.

Beta performance is rather low, if your looking for something playable I would wait till the final release.

Yeah I’ve had my eye on this game and another. I am just curious if my system would run it in it’s current state. If not then I’ll just pick up the other one of now. I’ve watched tons of the videos, love the sword play, and am a medieval geek so thought I would get this one.

Im not an expert in this field so I will save you my two cents.

However Ive been a memeber of of this community for a long time now and I can tell you that the general performance of the Beta is low (30FPS is the highest average reported (if you got beastly build)).

The save feature is all but broken.

You can definitely get some fun out of it but at this point you’d more be supporting WH and the development rather then getting something playable.

1 Like

Microsoft Windows, as well as Net Traveler.
Oddly sufficient, I assume I had or more customers on all that website traffic, so it was certainly faker compared to heck. The probabilities of 200 individuals all having Microsoft Windows and also using MyBlogginghub Solo Ads for solo ads are actually well past trillions if you do the mathematics making use of permutation reasoning.

@remy5
This posting smels like spam.
Normally if the first posting is spam, I delete the user account.
It´s a warning. :slight_smile: