Cancelled features

Just wondering because I haven’t checked the forms in a while but what are all the cancelled features? I know black smithing was shelved which sucks, and also the female quest line and the dog companion ( those I dont really care about but they where nice little bonuses) Is there anything else i missed?

1 Like

No, that pretty much covers it, although mounted combat is more limited than originally intended, and the female quest line is supposed to be free DLC at a later date.

2 Likes

It was not promised by developers to add it in DLC, was it? People on forum dream about it, I would say.
Also, crossbow was cancelled.

1 Like

In video #16 blood, toil, sweat and tears Dan states that the female questline and some other prepared but held quests will be released in dlc free for backers post release.

1 Like

Crossbows haven’t been canceled have they?! :worried:

1 Like

They have.

1 Like

Somebody mentioned they can make some DLC, but did not actually say what. And that update 16 is quite old, not? 8th Dec '16. I think they also mentioned blacksmithing in one of those old updates, and cancelled, I might be wrong, but to me it seems, it needs to be confirmed by something more recent.

Crossbows were never promised in the first place.

I do not know if promised, but they were expected nevertheless, developers said that sadly they could not implement them. I do not know why, but we can only imagine they were overpowered, as they already plan to make bows possible to kill with one arrow.

1 Like

Crossbows were never promised in the first place.

Yes, they were.

Exert from Kickstarter:

You can specialize in different fighting styles and weapon classes and will constantly learn new moves and techniques, as well as unlock new weapons and armors. Every weapon has its own uses, pros, and cons. The sword is universal, but weak against plate armor; hammers are ideal against plate armor, but weak against sword; the longsword is strong, but slow, and cannot be used from horseback, etc.

We will have several weapon classes: swords, longswords, daggers, sabers, axes, hammers, shields, bows, and crossbows.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance?ref=nav_search

1 Like

This is a real shame, I can see it being removed from a balance perspective I suppose but it does not make me want it any less in the game.

That’s about it. The female quest line is going to be added in as paid DLC but backers will receive is for free; so there’s that for those who wanted it. There is also a mounted combat system which was intended to be much more complicated but its implementation would have taken too long and as such the current system is rather bare bones. Beyond that there isn’t anything else major. Likely there is a lot more cut content but its probably just little things like minor/bloated quest lines and such.

“Realistic game set in 1403 Bohemia”

inherently means crossbows as well as firearms.

3 Likes

Someone mentioned that early firearms were also present in that era, but they did not want to implement those. Everything is nice about it focusing on realism, but it is important to mention this is not film or Tv series but game that it should be about fun first of all, it is neither medieval simulator, but RPG with main hero as fictional person.

I think that a sequel/successor game set during the Hussite wars absolutely must include firearms but for 1403 Bohemia I can forgive it. They want the game to feel medieval and adding firearms makes that vastly more difficult and as such would require a lot of careful planning and effort on the part of Warhorse. I don’t blame them for not wanting to deal with that and instead cutting them out altogether. You do have to bear in mind that firearms would be pretty rare anyways and a combination of long reloads and atrocious accuracy would make them a chore to actually use in combat. Unless they ended up playing a significant role like they did in the Hussite wars they don’t need or really even deserve to be represented in a significant fashion.

As an aside, I think a Hussite Wars game would be freaking awesome. Early 15th century tanks and field artillery? Count me in!

I agree with crossbows though and I think its a shame if they had to be cut.

In 1403 Bohemia firearms were commonplace for defense of fortified locations, especially castles (that is why Hussites had so large number of them - the only difference was that Wagenburg tactic developed by Jan Žižka allowed their extremely successful use also in the field).

Given that there was no obligatory guild membership for firearms members (unlike in case of swordmakers or armor makers), their prices were relatively accessible, even though you are right that their usability in the open field was extremely limited.

female quest line was promissed as a stretch goal and was then made to a free dlc. Definitely holding them to this.

1 Like

Why are people more upset about crossbows than they are that blacksmithing was canceled? Seriously? Blacksmithing has been around much longer than crossbows!

Well, considering that the game’s centered around middle age combat and historical accuracy… a lot of people are slightly aggrieved that they will not feature.

Henry’s ability to smith is probably less significant in the scheme of things, than the inclusion of something as iconic as the crossbow is to medieval combat.

I mean, sure, blacksmithing would be great to have, making your own armour and weapons via in-game hours, but given the game progresses by itself with or without you, leading to people you need dying before you can get to them such as Reeky (if he wasn’t found the first day, he’s dead come the second) the crossbow would seem far more important. (And I forget which one of you is ‘‘arguing’’ (read: not actually arguing) for handgonnes, yet they exist too, however will probably not be any of the Acts cause of their lack on the field)