Cant Call/Dismount Horses after womans lot dlc

I am not sure when this started but I am pretty sure it was working fine when I first installed the update…possibly not since I think the last quest I did was courtship and then the DLC dropped so I immediately went into it.

For some reason, I cannot call my horse. Both with controller and with keyboard/mouse.
Seems I can run up to the horse but cannot dismount. Tried with an earlier save(before doing Theresa’s story) and it didn’t work still…?

I restarted game/checked controls etc.

Whats going on with my horse. This is pretty bad and game breaking to be honest.

The only use my horse is, is to find it in the world, mount it, and then run into an object which will knock me off. I have the perk that is supposed to prevent that, but otherwise, im stuck on the horse and cant call it if I fast travel etc. without it.

-------------EDIT--------------
I think I figured it out.
I created a new game, and then tested it as soon as I got my first horse…same issue. So I knew it wasn’t the old saves.
Decided to check and the cheat mod I had in mods folder apparently might have caused it.
As soon as I put it back in Old Mods folder, loaded up the game and my saves seem to work normal so far.
So try to check your mods.

2 Likes

Have the same issue now

I have the same issue

yeah. Game is practically unplayable now. not sure if playing a new game. Im going to try hardcore mode. Maybe a new game will fix it since I was just continuing an old save?

Same issue, cannot call horse, just after installing the latest patch and a woman’s lot.

Bug2: when I try to remap some control keys, I cannot save it, it tells that some keys are overlapping. Even if I change just one key to any unmapped. It would help to emphasize the overlapping key mappings!

Same issue here, recently installed A Womans Lot. Affects new games and previous saves, changed button but issue remains.

Edit: I haven’t installed A Womans Lot, but I have installed BoB, From the Ashes and the Bold Sir Hans Capon DLC today

I think I figured it out.
I created a new game, and then tested it as soon as I got my first horse…same issue. So I knew it wasn’t the old saves.
Decided to check and the cheat mod I had in mods folder apparently might have caused it.
As soon as I put it back in Old Mods folder, loaded up the game and my saves seem to work normal so far.
So try to check your mods.

Did the cheats mod work for you after you did that though? I did what you said and i was able to dismount my horse and everything but all my mods stopped working after i moved them back to the old mods folder.

Hello,
Have the same problem, but never had cheat mod.
During “Run!” when you leave Skalitz I had no problems with whistling/mounting/dismounting, the problem started in Talmberg, where I couldn’t dismount when I tried to leave. I may have edited English_xml.pak during this time to make Sorted Inventory mod to work. I’ll reinstall, remove mods and try again

Update: Ok, found the problem, in my case it was " Torch Toggle Key" mod - Adds key for a torch

1 Like

How hard is it to understand that mods that have not been updated can cause issues?

The cheat mod cause the issue with the horse.
And other mods might do the same.

3 Likes

I’ve no mod installed and have the problem. So it’s not related to mods in my case.
But I’ve heavily recofigured keyboard settings. Maybe it’s related to it?
EDIT: I found a workaround: Reset key bindings to default and map your keys again. This helped me, now I can finally play the Woman’s Lot, YAY :slight_smile:

1 Like

If some of you are using mods, that are having custom key-binds in it - they are the cause of the issue. Today, I checked all the modifications I had and found out, that the mods, that had custom key-binds made a conflict with the game.

Those, who are using “debug console” modification or “cheat”, then you have to download bindless version of it.

I hope this piece helped someone. Though, if you aren’t using similar mods, some of the mods you are using might have custom keys, so you have to check it out.

3 Likes

I just shot the horse in the back of the head so it would throw me off

Your solution also worked for me. I removed the Cheats Mod to different folder, reinitialised game and the Whistle/Mount/Dismount key was back in action.

After hours spent uninstalling/reinstalling, trying old saves, assigning new keys a simple folder move did the trick.

Thanks for sharing your ideas.