Cherchez la femme (spoiler)

after the initial quest, i have kidnapped margareth and had nicolas the huntmaster sign the papers of his confession, but when we are supposed to go to the castle in order to deliver the papers to the lord, it goes to black and there is an infinite loadin screen.

Known Bugs And Reporting new onesd

1 Like

Nearly the same. I tryied various times to hand over the documents. If i give it at night he says ‘lets wait until morning’, we wait and northing happens, finding him and talking to him again doesnt trigger anythnig. Then i tried to wait my self till morning and give it then, the cutscene triggers but it says that the quest failed and i get an Infinite laoding screen.

Same bug but it doesn’t go to loading screen but nothing happens after he asks me if I’m ready to go to the castle. It goes back to the game and he keeps walking.

Managed to fix the bug.

(1) Do not manually save while doing the quest. I haven’t tested if that causes the bug but I haven’t saved when I got the quest working.
(2) Follow the instructions Hanekin gives you

• wait until dawn before you abduct Margaret (I waited until ~5am and entered the house once I saw the master hunter leave); I heard Hanekin blow the horn at around 6am but I was already on my way at that point.
  • bring her to the mine shaft
  • get the master hunter to sign the confession (I chose the option about his honor, not the one about Margaret).
  • meet Hanekin at the clearing! Wait for him until he gets there, don’t intercept him on the way. When he gets to the clearing he’ll sit down. Talk to him once he sits

Hope this will help others who encounter the same bug.

1 Like

It worked with me!

Yes thanks a lot. apparently, this is because of the conservation

Encountered this bug as well, just reloaded to the point before I kidnapped his wife and left the quest for now.

Same here. I tried that quest 25-30 times, every possible way but I can never deliver the papers.
I wonder if the character is broken. It says he has a quest for me but when I talk to him nothing comes up.
Really annoying. This and the nightingale quest is the last ones for me, before I can do the last main quest.

Damn disappointed with this game now. So many game breaking bugs and it is getting frustrating and breaking immersion trying to find a workaround.

After about 10 attempts I can confirm you have to wait until Hanekin is at the clearing. Otherwise you will get infinite loading screen.

ok so this is knowen bugg… only problem with waiting for him going to the clearing is that there are still the guards and they attack and kill him

my problem is i can’t talk to Nicholas to get him to sign the confession.

4 Likes

same problem on my end, Nicholas wont sign, only get the option to upgrade skills.

I have the same problem with Nicholas. Does anyone know if the devs are aware of this one? Will they ever fix it? Because I’m not going to play this game anymore until they fix these broken quests.

This game started so promising but at this point every other quest is broken to some degree. And this quest was the straw for me.

Agreed. No matter what I do, no matter how long I wait, I ALWAYS get neverending black loading screen after taking the confession to hare.

I’ve dealt with a lot of bugs so far but this one is the last straw. Knowing that I get the house from this quest and knowing that I can’t finish it because of neverending loading screen bug is killing the game for me.

I’m going to put the game away for now and hope the devs fix this. FAST. Otherwise it will be a sad stain in an otherwise stellar gaming experience.

kc

Thank you so much! This worked!

Did you ever find a solution for this, I have the same issue

Signed up to say a massive thanks for the solution. Was going to stop playing but we’ll worth doing this quest for the reward! Thanks!