Chest Hair Wanted

Hey, i’ve seen this screenshot and wondered why he has a beard, but no chest hair. I mean, it’s in medieval times, so no one will have shaved his chest hair.
Are there going to be hairy guys?

edit: fixed breast/chest error

5 Likes

Troll post???

Unless you’re referring to the women’s breast, you’re better off saying chest hair.
But yes, male chest hair would be a nice feature to the game which hopefully could be part of character customization.
Then again, not absolutely everyone have chest hair.

1 Like

No, not a troll post. I meant chest hair (literal translation was wrong here). That’s why I said “he”.

Of course not everyone has it, but some do and should.

As the chest hair would need to mach with the haircolor of the person’s head and as all characters are using basically the same body with different porportions (as it was seen in the character video), I think they will just skip implementing chest hair. For sure it wouldn’t be that hard to implement it but imo it is even for a small effort not important enough. Don’t know about others here but I won’t spend much time in the game with my characters topless.

I’ve three hairs on my chest, I’m a bear!

Seriously though I dont think chest hair would be a problem to implement and I think they should do it. I dont think that the peasant and lords practiced depilation.

I know it’s a really small thing, but I was wondering about this as well. You wouldn’t really expect a medieval guy to have that chest-waxed male-model look (though of course, some people have more body hair than others).

Just read the edit… I understand why someone thought it was a troll post :smiley:

Anyways, if they’re going to make your character model very customized then sure but I don’t think that is the case.

Wait why? I have brown hair and black chest hair.

2 Likes

Well, to reply more generally, they are currently waiting for TressFX technology to be implemented into CryEngine. Since then they will be able to simulate many hairy staff by that, not only hair, but also beard, horse mane and maybe even some chest hair. They mentioned it in one interview, unfortunately only in Czech.

Well yes, I forgot that it doesn’t have to match. As I am not used to see other man topless that frequently and the color of my hair matches everywhere I was mislead on that :wink:

I really wish Nvidia would unlock PhysX, the Fermi tesselation hair is much more efficient and realistic than TressFX (it doesn’t bend back on itself during strong movement for example).

There must be pubic hair if there is chest hair…you know, all for the realism.

2 Likes

SkinCellFX is a standard feature for next-gen.

Chest hair is an integral part of any game. It simply must be included. No two ways about it.

3 Likes

Kingdom Come: Magnum

Mustache + chest hair = epic hero

11 Likes

Yes breast hair wanted! Bring on the female beast!

And of course it has to be customizable!
I am not willing to play a game in which they force me to have standardized curly hairs on my chest, no sir!

But to be serious: I guess this is really not the most important thing the devs should concentrate on :wink:

1 Like

Kind of stupid post if you ask me, but … do you realize that not all man got chest hair or thick one? :slight_smile:

Guys, remember: body hair is more important than head hair in a first person game (with Oculus Rift). You can watch your own curly chest hair (and pubic hair?) all day when you look down but your head hair? No chance… :stuck_out_tongue:

@Dekssan
Real men have. You’re just jealous… :smiley:

3 Likes