Chris Roberts promotes KC:D on Robertsspaceindustries

He seems to be very excited about KCD. Maybe Warhorse can share experiences/resources with CIG about working with CryEngine etc. You’ve got the attention of CR at least!

Sharing know-how can be good for both projects. Great times we live in! :wink:

EDIT: The sharing already had begun.

Kingdom Come doesn’t just look like a great game, though: it looks like something we on the Star Citizen team could learn from. The characters and outfits I saw working in-engine in the trailer impressed me so much that I contacted the team to talk about what was going on under the hood. Star Citizen doesn’t need peasants and knights… but it does need a robust character creation system for the persistent universe. And that technology is exactly what Warhorse is building for the CryEngine.

The good news is: the team at Warhorse isn’t just an incredible talented group of people… they’re also kindred spirits who are willing to share the work they’ve done! We will be sharing with them the tricks for working with CryEngine we’ve learned over the last 18 months and they will be letting us in on the secrets and the tech behind what they’re doing! I’ve always said that independent developers should stick together, and the potential good for both games that can come from this unofficial partnership is proof positive!

17 Likes

mutual support definitely wouldn’t hurt. there’s even some new screenshots there.

This is great! And all the better because you would never see this kind of sharing of technology if both these games were being funded by big-name publishers. I think this shows a real benefit to taking the self-published/crowd-funded route.

2 Likes

Hopefully, because of that game mechanics will advance even further and faster. No need for every developer to build things from scratch themselves anymore.

For francophone players, i have realised 2 pre-videotests on this game and i will be on twitch for the dog fight module coming soon :wink:
Videotest Star Citizen Pré-Alpha Hangar
Vidéotest Star Citizen Stand de tir
Enjoy xD

Delighted to hear you will be sharing technology and I am sure this will benefit both parties.

Nice, they also share their budget for the development costs with War Horse? …
No? Talent is a value!! No “giveaway”!

The Kickstarter campaign is still running, there is nothing wrong if the family Yerli wish to take part with a few million on the project …
Why not have two years ago …?

I suppose because of CR Comm Link post there might be some SC-backers coming here. I hope to see some known faces I already know from the SC forum.

And yes it’s awesome to hear that you share your experience and your knowledge to improve both games. It shows that indie companies are not dependent to the big publisher and that games like this have a market where many people are interested at. :smiley:

2 Likes

We are already here mate. :wink:

Cowboy10uk

Awesome. It will make both games better :smile:

Aye there are a few here :slight_smile:

Love is in the air

Hopefully Warhorse can profit from the experience exchange and finally we will see 2 improved games. :smile:

i just flew in from SC to strap on armour and Sword

That is really good news! Congratulations!

Another Star Citizen backer here. I only just heard of this game yesterday because Christ Roberts posted an article about this game yesterday on the front page of Star citizen. So I pledged for the digital soldier tier to help support the game.

Saw the update, and I’m seeing the funding rising fast. This is great news overall, not just for this project but in general.

SC/KC crossover when?

So, can we take our SC Crossbow into KC: D?