Clothes make the man, but not for Sir Hans Capon

I’m on my 2nd run through the game and the quest “Clothes make the man” went perfectly for me the 1st time around, so this may be a 1.3 or 1.3.1 bug (playing on PC).

Anyway, I met Sir Hans at one of the Rattay taverns… in nothing but his underclothes. I could then talk to him and accept the quest. When I then go to his room to pick up the clothing from his chest, he eventually goes to his bed to sleep, but does not come out again. All his clothing and equipment are in the chest, both the ones I should take and he should wear. When I take the clothes I’m supposed to (I remembered which ones from the 1st time I did the quest) I can talk to sir Hans and we go to the cutscene with Hanush with Hans still without any clothing and equipment. Afterwards he goes to wait in the courtyard with Sir Bernard “naked”.

I haven’t gone any further than that yet, but it’s clear this is not working as intended. Poor Sir Hans…

I also have a bug there. I think that it’s a extremely bugged mission, how is possible that patch 1.3.1 din’t fix it?

To follow up on this: for the robber barron quest after this, the problem remained the same, i.e. Sir Hans was clothless at the camp with Bernard the entire time.

I experienced this bug before 1.3 so that’s probably not what causes it

1 Like

my first run through I went to the chest while he was sleeping. If you do this, or at the time anyway, you can get the clothes he wants you to take but you can also get a set of his clothes. When he wakes up, he’ll also have a set of his clothes and you two can dress alike and go talk to Sir Hanush like the little love birds you’ve become…its fuckin great.

Also, he’ll give you shit about what you’re wearing as though he’s not wearing the exact same thing. Good times.

Edit: Hans is definitely the woman

I’m sure I could have done this in my 1st run through when this was working as intended, but right now it does not matter what I take or don’t take from the chest, poor Hans will not wear anything anymore. It can’t be good for his ego to have to talk to Hanush in his underclothing while Henry is next to him in fine looking clothing…

1 Like

Still getting this bug, I had hoped that 1.4 would fix it however I just checked and it seems not to have.

This is ofcourse not a game-breaking bug, but it is really annoying me and ruining my immersion.

1 Like

Same here.

It’s also one of the reasons why I’d like to see more verbose patchnotes with details on exactly which “200+ bugs” are supposed to have been fixed. Now I cannot even know whether or not I should report this bug again and that’s not really helpful.

1 Like

I still get this bug in patch 1.4.1, I thought at first it was my fault because I emptied his chest at the Bath house earlier when me and Hans went partying all night, but if this happens to people who did not shamelessly steal their friends clothes get this, then I guess it must be a bug indeed.

Yes, I can confirm that I carefully only took the clothes you are supposed to from Hans’ chest in his room. His own stuff is still in there but he will not use it.

I did take his keys during the bathhouse quest but didn’t take his clothes, I’m curious to know whether anyone who could pick very hard locks has this bug without taking anything from the chest.
I’ve read on other threads about this that there are some people who DID take all his clothes who report that he got a new set within a day so I’m guessing it might not be related to the theft of his clothes at all.

I’m pretty certain it’s not related to taking his clothes at all. In my case Hans was walking around in town in his underclothes even before accepting the quest. After I took the quest he went to bed in his room and stayed there for no matter how long I waited. He would leave again once I took the fancy clothes I’m supposed to and go with me to do the followup quest “Robber Baron” in his underclothes still.

I reported this bug to support@kingdomecomerpg.com with info from this thread.

Also noticed that when the quest Robber Baron starts, I can talk to Lord Hans again, but then it will fire up the quest “Clothes Makes the man” again and Suddenly I am back at the Keep talking to Sir Hanush again and then I have to travel all the way back to that camp…Don’t talk to Lord Capon at the camp, you are warned!

1 Like

Still here on 1.4.2, he only wears his underwear…

Had the same issue with 1.4.2. I went to his room in the morning while he was sleeping. I talked to him and he woke up, after conversation he went to his chest to take clothes and went away. After that i was unable to interact with the chest and i could not go further with the quest.
I reloaded a save game done before speak to Capon and when i reached him he was outside his room, so i was able to talk with him and progress with the quest.
He was wearing his underclothes, so even in the next step he still wearing underclothes.

Hello everybody. I can’t talk to capon to begin clothes make a man and it’s the same thing for hanush for the quest : waldensians. I need help please.

You should file a bug report to support@kingdomecomerpg.com

I have the same bug. Can’t talk to Hans and the chest is inert object.

Still there. Didnt happend for me during 1.2. But apparently it’s still around in 1.5

1 Like

oh, come on!!! How can this bug still be in the code after so many months…
So disappointing…