Combat in 1.5

I learned the hard way that in those battles to just wait until they whittle the odds down.
If soldiers are involved I sit it out. Too many times they claimed I injured one of them or
murdered someone.

1 Like

Everything about the combat is good, the issues more have to do with other things like durability and uselessness of the maintenance skill.

1 Like

I have to repair armor after every fight. I pay around 500 hundred, so everytime I do so, I need precious loot to be worth fighting for. I see no problem.

Do you use armor repair kits?

No. I did not figure out how to use that.

For me, itā€™s an adrenaline/ballsy check. Sometimes I feel it more than others :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just buy the kits from the vendors and apply them in inventory

I have many stolen in my chest, no need to buy. By the way, I was sharpening my sword for first time. My skill increased but health of sword decreased by 1. There were sparks flying. I hope kit will serve me better.

1 Like

Kits work above 60% item condition

1 Like

Aha, thatā€™s catch. I usually go to 50% after fights, I need 100. Anyways, one of blacksmith will not repair below 50.

1 Like

The armoursmith will.

Well. The game is still about Master Strike (unblockable riposte). Combos are uneffective. With that mechanic you even can wear Longsword + Shield getting a very good protection, high and reliable damage output. You donā€™t need to thrust the enemy (youā€™re getting huge stamina drain wearing LS+S), just MS them to death with unblockable strike that costs zero stamina.

1 Like

I never found it really difficultā€¦

There are two approaches that work very well:

• master blocks, which result in immediate counter-attack
  • getting close to an enemy so to push one another, punch/kick him and then you have a free shot before he can parry

The only problems I have with the combat system, are:

• enemies surround me and attack me from all sides contemporarily, without me having any visual warning / time to react; Even when two enemies are in front of you, the locking system is not good enough to actually switch-and-lock to the one who is charging at you, so it is possible that you might not have time to react if you rely on icons instead of visual clues.

• When enemies run away, they just run foreverā€¦ chasing becomes boring very fast

The first issue is the ONLY thing that makes any combat somewhat difficult. In fact, I am not sure whether the devs added it for the realism or just to make the combat system seem more difficult than it actually is. Without this behaviour of the enemies it would be actually trivial. I donā€™t really like being hit from behind without any visual warning, but since itā€™s realistic and it does not make the game impossibleā€¦ so I guess I am fine with it.

The second issue, instead, is really annoying. I have no idea why it was designed like this. Enemies, once chased and thrown down, should try fight back, instead of running immediately after. It is very difficult to strike them in the very short window they remeain on the ground, especially because

1 Like

Well, I finally got brave enough to try and get into Pribislavitz dressed as a Cuman.
Ran into a Cuman several times and of course that did not go well. Diedā€¦
I may not have had a complete Cuman outfit on or maybe it was because I did not equip a Cuman sword?
I finally snuck in through the opening of a camp storage area.
I know there is a chest in this space with a full set of Cuman armor from YouTube videos.
I managed to Bane poison two pots, one in the bandit area and one in the Cuman area, then I got the hell out of there. Problem with that is you canā€™t know if you killed anyone.
Would like to try your technique, but I would have to improve my archery a lot more.

How did Sir Ratzig react when you told him you cleared out the camp?

So how did Sir Ratzig react when you told him you cleared the camp your self?

Still had to go back for Runt, right?

Or did Runt flee?

I also tried to be cuman, though I missed to equip Cuman weapons. I also broke lock to monastery and put on a robe, took off all clothes and weapons. They still send me away. One guard ran after me. I ran outside of monastery, pressed G and guard disappeared. But monks are not aggressive. I am not sure what is happening, but I can not disguise and sneaking is extremely effective. First time, monk heard me from next room, so I took him down. Then I sat to latin book to rewrite and they did not see me while I was doing that. Did I break game?

1 Like

Clearing Pribyslavitz out had no effect on Sir Radzig. In fact, I thought Iā€™d have more time to go to Rattay, doing some trading, play a little hide n seek with Theresa, and swap out light gear for heavy armor. Boy, was I wrong. Failed the mission. Element of surprise was gone.

Fortunately, I saved before leaving Pribyslavitz so I didnā€™t have to re-do too much.

1 Like

I cleared out Pribyslavitz and other than looting a bunch of stuff and lockpicking
the chests, there was no difference in the later attack. I poisoned the pots and burned
the arrows. It said I completed those tasks, but even though the attack was right after,
it had no effect. The game then said I failed in those tasks. So you can do what you will,
but it will all reset when the attack is made.

It is very strange. I wiped Pribyslavitz, burned arrows, I even cleared Rovna and Skalitz and its surroundings of the last Cuman, but there still were more coming to the slaughter.

You have to poison every pot, and burn all arrows. The game will tell you that the task is completed when the last object is sabotaged.

2 Likes