Combat System : Multiple Ennemies

Hello everybody,

First of all, sorry for my English it my second language and I am pretty meh at it :smile:
That being said, this game is, I think, going to be anwsome! This is the game I have been dreaming of since I played big sandbox game like Elder Scrolls.

My only worry with the game at this point is how will the game handle multiple ennemies.

Let me explain.

In all the videos we only see one on one fights, which is pretty normal since they want to show us their cool combat system ( which looks really badass BTW except for the block all button). What worries me is the actual quality of the system is so high that it only seems like a system that support 1 on 1 fights. If you look at one of the video you see in the background multiple people fight and it only one on one battle no 2 vs 1 or 3 vs 1 or 4 vs 2 etc… only 1 on 1 technical fights…

So my worry is this…when I am lets say level 30…pretty well equipped and I want to attack a small village with 4 guards in it…that are pretty weak…when they attack me will it be like Assasin Creed (they all surround wait that you kill theirs friends with nice looking moves and then when their friend is dead another one attack you and so on) or will they gang up on you and you will go crazy from attacks from multiples location…right now it looks like this system can handle more the first option…i think

This is my worry…because it have to stay an RPG…while it aim is realistic (which is great) i want to feel badass at a point and be able to kill multiple ennemies (3-5) that all attack at the same time …and not ok i kill this one… NEXT … ok you are dead … NEXT

I hope i am easy to understand :smile:

What do you think?

What do I think?
I think, you’re assuming that Kingdom Come is just another RPG like thousands before.

As far as I’m informed you won’t be a badass who just crushes entire armies on his own. Because it’s a realistic as possible depiction of medieval combat. You’re just a human being and so are the people you fight with. The developers try to do something different this time. What you want to be able to do can be done in basically every other generic RPG.

But you don’t need to take my word for it.
Here’s a quote of Dan, the Creative Director, from youtube where someone asked the exact same thing:

6 Likes

Actually in combat video you can see how you and enemy are circling around on imaginary axis. Well at least it made that imprssion on me. So I would also assume that it is locked.

But Dan’s statement just assured me that it wont, so now I am calm.

It really is not locked. :wink:

So might we see combat with multiple enemies in next video? The 30min one that might also be a live stream.

3 Likes

Well first of all I am not assuming what you are saying I am assuming. You think some master swordman full equipped could not take down 3-4 peasents at once? really?

I am interested in this game firstly because it realistic, no dragon, realistic damage output …

But anyway that reply just anwsered my question but I don’t follow every video on YouTube. They should reply stuffe like that in these forum :smile:

Oh. Btw. a badass in one game is not the same as a badass in another. In this one if I take down 3 guys at once I am badass. In skyrim if I take down 3 Dragons at once I am a badass

That would be fantastic. Just to see how it works out since we have confirmation it works.

2 Likes

Im also very interested in seeing how it looks like when you fight multiple enemies. But I am glad that I found this topic and read the response from Daniel. I was very worried about an locked combat system where you just press the right button at the right time, while the other enemies will just politely wait to be the next on in the line of dead NPCs :smiley:

1 Like