Controller sensitivity

Topics related to that seem quite old, so sorry if this is out of place.

My question is: Will it be possible to set the sensitivity for the right stick higher? It feels ridiculously slow.
I can’t have a proper look around me in a reasonable time.

I play on pc with PS4 controller. With mouse it’s super fast and feels natural.
I have found a console command, but this I would have to enter for everytime I launch this game, also I don’t like that fiddling with the console at all. (Tho I tried it once and it was way better.)

Will this issue be adressed?

I wholeheartedly agree.
Accounting for mouse control means it isnt forcing us to role play slow turning head (like we are tanks with ‘turrets’); and most controller games have sensitivity adjustments for a reason.

We can bind consoles commands to keys and alternate settings with a key press. It might prove a short term solution (Like using to enable/disable HUD in present builds).

Needs a wider deadspot for making lockpicking on controller equal to keyboard from a difficulty point of view, too.
Presently controller leaves ‘cursor’ off centre making lockpicks break even when no longer touching them…
No doubt why controller lockpickers say it has to be done ‘fast’…

Yeah, Though I use the mouse and keyboard for lockpicking, the easier ones will do with the controller.
It really has to be done fast.

1 Like

I just noticed, that if on horseback the camera moves faster.
mabe it’s possible to get that pace also without the horse?

Totally agree with this one. I wonder if this is moddable.

The controller sensitivity is locked for a reason. They don’t want you to play like Quake 3 Arena. The whole point is immersion.

sorry, but to look behind you, when you sense danger or sneak around, has to be done quick.
Why does the mouse allow fast movement?
Why does it work on horseback?

Why do some people put off any kind of issue as “immersion”?
That’s not immersive to turn around slow as a snail.

1 Like

Why would you play PC with a controller tho?

Because I can.

What’s it to you anyway?

2 Likes

Because mouse keyboard is the superior control mode. Next! :joy:

Awesome, I reckon you are the smartest and richest person on earth, since you are so superior due to your archievments in playing videogames with mouse and keyboard. :woman_facepalming:
Just get over yourself, to play on a PC is nothing special.

Not sure what ur on about kidda. 99% of PC gamers would agree w me about key/mouse. And I’m playing on Xbox one :joy:

What’s you problem?
Is your momma so fed up with you, that she sends you to the internet?

I just wanted to know, if this issue with the controller will be fixed, or if there’s a workaround and before you reply something: From someone who actually KNOWS something about that and won’t come at me with “immersion”.

God you are vexing!

1 Like

Please give this feedback(and question) direct to
support@kingdomcomerpg.com
I don´t play with controller… so I don´t know if it´s a bug.

1 Like

Because I stink at WASD / mouse play. :frowning:

Thank you very much, I just did that.

1 Like

Just a little update:
I got a pretty fast reply from Warhorse, despite I got a warning it could take longer.
I was asked to make a video, did that and sent it over.

At least I got a reply, even if its meant to be that slow…

Mabe that’s the point when people say the combat and interactions feel unresponsive?
I never said you were wrong, that point is imo totally valid. Playing with mouse and Keyboard looks very natural.
I hope it’s possible to tweak the gameplay with controller.

I simply can’t play with keyboard and mouse, I have a gaming mouse and keyboard, but the mouse is way too big for my hands, I can’t even properly use the scroll-wheel, not to mention click with it.

So I only can use what I have and am capable of.

xBox One:

Seems like it would only take a few lines of code, but what happens when you change the “View” “Right” button sensitivity and then try to pick a lock with the same key?
Your adjusting the sensitivity would have to be disabled, when picking a lock, otherwise, I think, if I had more control of my “Right” button, locks would be a hell of a lot easier to pick, which would spoil the lock-picking challenge at least partially, which, with all the complaints, probably most people wouldn’t mind.

But you want to increase the sensitivity? I believe that would make lockpicking harder than it is already and maybe impossible.

Try this.
After you find the center of the “sweet” spot manipulate the left “Move” button to a maximum left or right position. Then try to make a smooth circlar movement counter clockwise, as you use the right button to stay on the sweet spot. The right thumb has to control the button to also do a counter clockwise movement, but doing so with a smaller circular movement. Our thumbs don’t want to move that way. There are no ball joints in our thumbs. It’s not an easy movement. It takes practice.
Practice on the Rattay Miller’s chest.
Do a save before you try, so when you break all your locks you can reload, and continue practicing.
Reloading will not improve your lockpicking score, but the practice will increase your coordination.