Crashes after 10 mintues of gameplay on 1.8.1 (PC)|Being investigated by WH, please scroll to the bottom of the thread

Still one DLC to go, and mod support, so they’ll probably break it all again :slight_smile:

For console or pc?

PC… Haven’t checked if the hotfix work on consoles as well. But on the PC game no longer crash. However - I’m afraid that this repair will be screwed by next shitty-patches. We need to watch it until last DLC.

1 Like

Unfortunately, it’s more than possible. But let’s give them one last chance. If they fool the players again, they should not be surprised by all people cracking their games instead of buying.

Patch installed in ps4 and the crash has been fixed! There remains the problem of long loading when I start the game in hardcore (about 3 minutes).

Hello to all the Knights out there which love this game as much as I do, despite all the trouble that we still face (feeling they are getting more instead of less…).
I was facing this same issue and almost got nuts as I wanted to play as I did with older versions - without CTD’s.
So after looking into this more closely, I stumbeld acorss an entry in the KCD Log-file which made me wonder a bit.

As most of you, I guess, I am using ssd’s for a long time now and therefore have no page file in windows,
BUT KCD Logfile tells me there should be one because its asking for about 90MB - which there isn’t.
So, setting up a page file in windows, I have 32 GB of RAM and set up another 32 GB as page file and guess what… viola!
No crashes anymore - at all!

So, if you’re facing this constant ctd’s, check your page file.

Hope it helps.

2 Likes

Hi Guys, me again…unfortunately.
Today after playing the whole day and yesterday playing trhe whole day after I made this page file change,
I just came back from dinner and started playing again… unfortunately the ctd is back… just out of nowwhere…
No changes made, nothing.
Just turning off the computer and turning it back on after dinner - that’s it.
So, I am running out of ideas now.
Until 1.7.2 this was never the case and I already have three playthrugh with older versions without hassel…

WH, please fix asap!!!

What version are you using? Are you using any mods?

Yep, I am using the same Mods which I have used since March 2018.
They are:
Beard
Bushes only collision remover
faster arrows
first person herb picking
stay clean longer
sectorial lockpicking
unlimited saving

The only mods that are new, are:
black noble saddle
richer merchants
trader restock
faster arrows

I am also using a user.cfg and here the tweaks got much less as WH has implemented a lot of tweaks in the meanwhile.
SO, the only one thing that has really changed is my GPU.
Before a GTX 1070 FTW and now a RTX 2080 ti extreme waterforce 11G

Important is, that some days I can play the whole day, but once it starts to CTD it won’t stop anymore…

I nevcer had this issue before until 1.7.2
I am now on 1.8.2

Most probably outdated mods then. Not saying that IS the issue, but it is the most likely.

Never happened to me. Didn’t use any mods so I would guess the problem is within mods that change game system files. Some user.cfg changes I did try but that didn’t cause crashes to desktop. The problems I had was because of a faulty ssd that crashed the whole pc. Another whole system crash was because of too high memory clock on msi afterburner. But that’s my two cents. No clue what could be the issue other than maybe some mods.

Hi and sorry for the delay but I wanted to be sure before I can give an update.
After doing a fresh install of Win 10 64bit with just the necessary drivers for my hardware and a fresh steam install with only KCD installes (both, with and without mods) the game crashes BUT this is not game related!!
First I figured that Win 10 always installed drivers while I was playing and as a result the game crashed.
So I turned off that feature in Win 10!
In the beginning I thought the problem was solved but came back just yesterday.
As a result I am examining the new graphics card (RTX 2080 ti extreme waterforce) a little closer and found some post on the internet with the same behaviour like mine, which would point to a faulty GPU.

I need to do a RMA in order to be sure and will post the result as soon as I have done it.

From my side a big sorry to WH thinking they did something wrong - NO, the didn’t :slight_smile:

1 Like

this is still an issue as of today,just hit the 30 hour mark on steam and my game crashes for no reason,

I have to dissapoint you guys im new and today I ended tutorial and gamę started to crush after 10 min, so your assumption that it hapens after certain amount of timer od wrong.
Btw PC on Epic
Running on low and my specs supports this game

You do realise this is a thread for a year old bug that since got fixed? Create a new one, post save file and details there.