Crashes after 10 mintues of gameplay on 1.8.1 (PC)|Being investigated by WH, please scroll to the bottom of the thread

Everything working good. Dziękuję. Thank You.

Does anyone know when the patch is coming to ps4 or Xbox one?

With the hotfix installed, my latest save (which was “infected” and crashed on load) loaded up just fine. Played for two hours straight, the crashes are gone. Fixed. Kudos to Warhorse for fixing this in a way that lets us continue from our existing saves! :metal:

And by the way, I noticed the save files created after the hotfix have gone back to “normal” size. Just for the record. :wink:

1 Like

The vetting process by Sony/MS often takes about a week

I keep my fingers crossed for you fellow console gamers that it won’t take too long!

By the way, thinking about that whole vetting process for patches (and new games on release) on consoles… I’m a PC gamer and I definitely had my fair share of bug-ridden disasters… but… with the number of buggy games and faulty patches that slip through the cracks on consoles as well, you have to wonder if that process Microsoft and Sony so adamantly insist on makes any sense in its current form.

Anyway, I’m glad Warhorse fixed the problem, and here’s hoping for PS4 and Xbox One players they won’t be shut out from the hotfix for weeks to come.

@Tayhitman for PS4, the patch 1.8.1 was released 3 days after PC. Also I observed that FIFA’s newest patch was out only 1 day later. So, it changes. I hope it will be tomorrow.

Does anyone know how far GOG lags behind Steam for patches?

Well done to the Devs for this.

I am Playing on gog and update has come for it as well. Turned the game on and the save that would not load before has loaded and my next save is under 6mb. Only got a few minutes of game time as had to come to work but it seems all is good now.

I have the GOG version of KCD and I’m not seeing patch 1.8.2, only 1.8.1 is showing up in my account downloads list. And all the DLC, which I have bought.

I don’t use GOG Galaxy to download, instead I log into my account from a Web browser and download the files from there. Keep It Simple Stupid, I don’t want unnecessary software installed on my PC.

I hope this isn’t one of those situations where WH is forcing us to redownload the entire game installer to get the new patch. That has happened in the past. It is disrespectful and inconsiderate to those of us who have limited bandwidth (of which I used to be one, until I switched ISPs).

I have to reinstall Windows 10 tonight due to installing bigger SSDs, I had hoped to have KCD installed and updated as well, since it is currently the game I play most.

Screenshot of my GOG account (my name whited out for privacy reasons):

I can say with certainty that none of these are 1.8.2.

The patch does not get you to version 1.8.2 but 1.8.1-247j, previous version before the patch was 247g. This is a hotfix not a minor version bump. Save games that crashed before are working now with 247j.

You’re right. It’s a bit misleading though, as on steam and elsewhere they have posted it as ‘1.8.2 patch notes’, but the version is inded 1.8.1-247i(or j, not sure definitely looks like i on steam for me)

@andrei693 and @Arrean: While what you 2 have said may be true, my point is that none of the patches shown in my screenshot are the latest hotfix patch. I know this to be a fact because I have all the installers stored on an external HDD, which were DLed as of 3 days ago. So I again DLed only the patches and compared the filenames, sizes, and checksums to what I already have…they are 100% identical, and therefore old.

@Bats has stated that he has the hotfix from GOG. So again, WHERE is it and why is it not in my list?

@Bats: Do you use GOG Galaxy? That might explain why you have the hotfix but I cant see it. I dislike Galaxy because it tries to be too much like Steam, which I’m not a big fan of either.

GOG might deploy patch as a standalone download a bit later than autoupdate through galaxy. Can’t be sure though, I don’t know what their process is. Usually, did you get standalone patches at the same time as everyone else or later?
Also, yes Galaxy tries to be like steam, but it’s much more secure and privacy conscious, not ideal ofc, but if you’re really itching to play - you might install it, get the patch, switch to offline mode, uninstall galaxy while keeping the patched game(installs are independent of the GOG Galaxy client I believe) and continue doing what you have been doing already.

EDIT: As Galaxy is DRM free as well as regular GOG copies of the game - you don’t need Galaxy running or even installed to play the game that is already installed through it

Yes I jhave GOG galaxy and it shows 1.8.2-247j. game has worked perfectly fine.

Any news for ps4 ?

I’m still waiting for Xbox as well. It’s killing me lol

2 Likes

I totally understand you :slight_smile:

Just checked my GOG downloads page this morning, there is a new standalone patch installer showing up, titled as “Patch 2.4.7g to 1.8.2-247j), English”. Better late than never.

When someone gets a patch on console please post it here and let us know, thank you.

1 Like

Checked today - I can confirm that hotfix 1.8.2 solved freezes and errors’ problems for now. And let’s hope - for good. Warhorse guys finally repearing the game. Hopefully they won’t screw this again.