Crashes after 10 mintues of gameplay on 1.8.1 (PC)|Being investigated by WH, please scroll to the bottom of the thread

hope they release the hotfix this week, getting withdrawal syndrome and need to get back into my save lulz

1 Like

So true. havn’t played BoB yet thanks to the «Pacifist Runt» bug and I want the new hounskull ASAP :frowning:

Lucky that there are a few legal methods in the web to play it with/out the latest patch.
And GOG selling it for money! XD

Patch is out

(not tested if it works though…)

@Martin93 is it only for PC or also consoles ?

Not sure, just came to the PC after done with dinner and saw KCD was updated. Not sure how hotfixes works on console, if Sony needs there sweet time to approve a hotfix also or if it’s quicker…

Patch is out and it has fixed the crashing. Thanks WH. Not tried combat just yet so haven’t tested if the NPCs attack, also close to fighting runt so will test that too.

Information about the patch can be found here:

1 Like

My Steam account has downloaded this patch, 20mb right? KCD started up fine but in windowed mode. I went to settings and changed it to full screen but it crashed instantaneously when doing this. Now the exe won’t boot, steam tells me the game files are corrupt and when I try to validate it goes 100% straight away and says everything is fine. Woe is me lol.

Edit: I just restarted my PC and was able to boot up KCD fine. Once again it booted up in windowed mode, I attempted setting it to full screen and it CTD again, only this time Avast AV is classing KCD.exe as a virus and moved it to the virus vault lol.

Edit 2: Finally its working, hopefully it’ll stay that way!

Hotfix Patch 1.8.2 1) Some enemies that were too hesitant to attack the player are now much more eager to fight, including Runt!

Yay!

Yeah I got slaughtered by two bandits with polearms, they were relentless lol.

Patch works for me. Original corrupted save took a while to load, but any new save made on that playline loads in 3-5 seconds as it should. And no crashes so far, usually this savefile was failing 5- 7 minutes in. Not gonna play on it more, as I’m further into the game on the new file, but that appears to be fine too.

yeah it seems to work for me too

Fixed for me, loaded up as normal and played through for 30 mins no issues!
but ssshhhh, dont tell me wife :slight_smile:

1 Like

Steam just finished the hotfix download… gotta test this right away! :slight_smile:

Patch notes state that the “The House Of God” quest was the culprit - I finished exactly that quest shortly before the big crashtival began. Interesting.

Need to check this out.

Problem solved!. I got back to play for a couple of hours without problems ^^

My game is still broken…

I get to view the testshot with the trebuchet and after the cutscene when they are planning the defenses, the game gets stuck in the loading screen. Circle is spinning around, but no loading bar!!

Anyone else with this behaviour? Bugreport was sent in exactly 2 months ago and still no fix for this!

Props to WH for figuring it out. I’ve actually noticed the same behaviour with ‘The House of God’, only it wasn’t shortly, not even close. It took 4-6 hours for it to start. I actually wrote about in the beginning of the thread, but confused it with ‘In gods hands’, to be fair i’ve completed them back to back and didn’t remember the names properly)

I’ve noticed that some infinite load screens can be fixed by just alt-tabing out of the game. Not sure what else to suggest if you’re not on PC

Confirmed that the patch solved :

• game crashing after 10 or less minutes
  • game crashing on wait (time) screen
  • game crashing on map screen
  • game crashing on the fast travel
  • game crashing on sleeping
    the game runs faster and loads faster
    good work boys !