Crashes after 10 mintues of gameplay on 1.8.1 (PC)|Being investigated by WH, please scroll to the bottom of the thread

you better do the washing up for a month straight after that lol

It is true, this guy’s computer is the issue… he needs a new and better one asap …:wink:

1 Like

Nah, don’t worry about that. Even if devs can’t deliver in time, you may start a new playthrough and play without doing any quests - that works so far. I started clean and did just 3 sidequests after “awekening” start, just poachery, thievery, exploration and random enc. - 14 gamedays so far, savefiles under 6mb, no CTDs.

that’s not what i paid for…but for a joke, it’s funny :slight_smile:

1 Like

Btw, CDT is the game ruining bug for sure, but there are a lot of other bugs I encountered in 1.8.1, which I think devs should be aware of, like - bandits, cumans and etc. stop seeing henry when he’s about 10m away (fine if he’s hiding in bushes with stealth above 10, 0 noise and vis around 30, but when it happens in plain field and Henry is on a horse…), some bandits in ambush don’t react on Henry even when he’s aproaches them front and running circles around jumping like an idiot. Some dialogue bugs aswell - like when i spoke to sharlatan the first time and conversation starts like i was already talked to him before and refused to be his apprentice.

1 Like

I have so many hours invested into this game for it to be crashing just like the rest of everyone same problems, same story. Really frustrating… this game has so much potential and it is still amazing but stuff like this makes me think twice… At least I’m not the only one with this experience and at first I thought it was just me until I came here. Hopefully they hear us.

Link to a comment on Reddit from Rick saying it’s being fixed. Not much, but it’s the first thing I’ve noticed from warhorse about this for a week or so.

4 Likes

Yh its really annoying, wanted to see if i had saved all the villagers but can’t now.

The question is when they do fix it, will it fix current saves or are those saves toast?

I did not want to wait for a fix so I figured out a workaround on the PC. Another user has mentioned this may also be a fix on PS4 but I have not tested that.
Link to the fix instructions

1 Like

It gives a set of commands where and when do I put those in? And will they enable me to load my greyed out saves ?

Follow the instructions on the how to downgrade game version link. The first thing you’ll do is get the Steam Console from step 1. Then you can skip to step 7 if you don’t have any DLC and just use the commands that I did. Otherwise you’ll need to get your specific DLC manifest codes using step 4 & step 6.

1 Like

You won’t be able to load any save from 1.8, which is exactly what we want anyways. That might mean you have to fail back to an autosave, or you have a schnapps save from before the upgrade.

I lost roughly 8 hours of playtime (on the hours-played clock), but I won’t hit the CTD save bug now.

1 Like

Would BoB work on older ver?

No. The BoB patch is the one that broke the game

Er… My question was actually rhetoric, my bad. I meant that there is no use of downgrading for ppl who completed the game several times already unless they’re KCD-sick or addicted ofcourse)

1 Like

Oh hehe sorry. Hard to tell tone from text sometimes :slight_smile:

Yep, the downside of texting)

I started playing after the patch and plowed down 30h in to it, from what i read this wold not work for anything but pre 1.8.1 saves. Thanks for that link tho was a good read.

But with that fix i can downgrade and make a new playthru without the bug until its fixed, i will consider that

1 Like

They are now saying the hotfix is coming soon. Link to comment from Rick from warhorse:

2 Likes