Crashes after 10 mintues of gameplay on 1.8.1 (PC)|Being investigated by WH, please scroll to the bottom of the thread

Yeah, I found myself eyeballing Steam’s download indicator all day in the faint hope for a hotfix, but that’s not gonna happen, I’m afraid. Should be even worse for console gamers, with the need to have patches greenlit by Sony / Microsoft… not sure how hotfixes get handled on consoles, though, because this bug begs for a hotfix to make the game playable again as soon as humanly possible.

1 Like

I got my fix in. +1000h. Liked ashes quite a bit; still frustrated minor tweaks [1-2 NPCs for bathing/mending services] haven’t been added. Thoroughly enjoyed bastards; lament that no rinse and repeat missions once bad guy neutralized. Amorous bought it and mildly interested in playing it. Tourney was bugged so couldn’t trigger before; still hear complaints and interest has waned but still would like to give it a shot. Core game … original, ranging between really fun and delightful to play when things are going right, and potential to be gloriously sublime if Kickstarter targets were added; frustrating as hell to live through the repeated disruptions and performance issues (bugs, popins, textures, saves, etc).

Effective and efficient change mgmt of software and computer systems can be a bitch, but it’s essential to establish trust and respect with your clients. Not a good look going on now. Not even worth picking up to play the tourney or amorous now with the latest complaints. Hope the next WH’s next chapter has less drama

We’ve seen this dance before since the release of KCD. If WH can identify and fix quickly, it can be out on console in ~2wks. Saves have been an issue a number of times in the SDLC of KCD. It seems WH has more work to do. I suspect there’s an interaction that wasnt caught during regression testing and so WH is still fishing for a solution. Lord willing, I’m wrong

I have the exact same problem. No matter what I do, the game decides to crash after a short while from any of the recent saves. The newer the save, the faster the crash. Totally unplayable, since I am not just going to start a new playthrough. Really happy with the rest of the game though.
I play on PC throug Steam. I am working at the beginning of “A place to call home” an have a few Things built. My latest savegames are just hitting 7MB in size.

1 Like

This, just hit the 30 hour marker and now i cant play anymore cause of constant crashed after 30 seconds.

The saves are from a 170+ hours of playthru… sad indeed.

Hey im having the same issues; sent my save file to support already. Only difference is that ive only played for 14hrs and my save files are under 6,000Kb. im assuming its the same issue anyway as i crash after 5 mins of playtime from my current save.

Almost made it to 60 hours and it finally got me. something in this latest patch is causing some serious save bloat, my save size is over 7mb now. Oh well guess I will play something else till they fix it.

I am having the very same issue at this time. My game crashes when attempting to start band of bastards, if I try to load a save from a savior schnapps, the game immediately crashes to desktop. If I try to load an older auto save, if I run over to the location, the cutscene begins but it crashes when the camera changes to the man leaning against the tree. This started with the new version of 1.8.1. Running i5 3570k 16 gigs of ram and EVGA RTX 2070

Does anyone know of any official acknowledgment of this issue by the developers confirming that they are actually working to fix it ?

they are working on it, since more than a week now

1 Like

it’s so upset me… They can’t fix the bug so long:(
P.S. it’s my favorite game and I can’t play it:(

2 Likes

Welp, now my new save is gone too. ~46 hours in this time around. What I’ve noticed is that stutter on load starts at about ~6MB savefile size and crashes after about 6.5-7 MB. At 6+MB save, on load the game stops responding for 5-7 seconds, but then loads normally, and on 7+ there’s same behaviour but then after 5-10 minutes of play - crash, saving after 5-7 minutes or just before crash just shortens the time it takes for the game to CTD after save load.

Way too much time and effort invested in this save. And even though between three corrupt saves I already have ~120 hours in the game I’m considering requesting a refund - It’s unplayable, and can not be completed. Bloody hell. Would seriously like some concrete communication from WH.

3 Likes

Same here,playing on ps4.
A Game started to crash yesterday for about 5-10 minutes in game.If i load older save,I can play game for few hours and then it starts to crahs again.

Created an account to confirm this is also happening to me. My specifics are;

-Steam (PC)
-Windows 10 64Bit
-Game version 1.8.1-247g
-87 hours playtime
-Crashes at 13:16 in-game time
-Just finished ‘pestilence’ side quest (Going to see village after things have cleared up)
-Most recent save game is 7,175kb
-No mods

If WH find a solution for this problem will it affect the save games? If I have to start over from scratch that may be a game breaker for myself as I’ve invested so much time already. Which is a shame, I’ve got nothing but respect and admiration for WH for creating this incredible game.

Same issue here
PC user
save file >7Mb
crashes started on sunday 10th feb, 1 week ago
I hope it can be fixed soon so I can continue, not interested in playing any other games right now.

Just finished ‘pestilence’ side quest (Going to see village after things have cleared up): same here, just finished the quest, had first time crash, hat to do quest again and from that point on crashes again.

Game version 1.8.1-247g Win 7 N Pro (64Bit)

Do we know if they are working on the solution or someone has received an email?

Hi there,
same problem here…i love the game, so sad, that this crash ruins the whole experience… pls WH, do something!!!

i convinced my wife that wife that my pc is to old and causes the crashes and persuaded her to agree me purchasing complete brand new rig with ryzen 2600/RTX 2070 .
I hope they fix it before my parts arrive next week :roll_eyes:

3 Likes