@Devs NB: Combo tutorial needs rework ASAP, 1% have done 100 combos

Slow motion is because the enemy perform perfect block to you and interrupt your combo. That’s why is hard to perform a combo because enemy always perfect block. Even a farmer in the middle of no where can perfect block like master swordsman…

1 Like

Well, poor peasant bandits are usually not good in blocking, so in theory they can’t interrupt combo, but here is the thing - you don’t need some combo-mastery in a fight with them. Stab couple of times and it is over, come for next one. With high level weapons even one strike is enough.

And those fights, where you can want to try combo because enemy is too well armored - well, there is nearly impossible to finish combos, thanks to the fact that enemy will block. My best bet in such fights is a “Sting” shortsword and fast stab strikes multiple times in a row. It is easy, fast and pretty efficient - right as real knife fight is just about entering the clinch and cosplaying sewing machine.

Maybe problem is in weapon stats progression - top-level weapons make you some real one-shot-killer. Don’t know actually.

Combo tutorial doesn’t need to be reworked. PPL don’t use combos because they are just out of meta or in other words shit. They are not effective in actual fight and very risky to perform. As I said before: Master Strike / Clinch / Chains (1-2 strikes) are much more reliable atm.

1 Like

I have been trying and trying to trigger a combo. But playing on a PC I find it impossible. I guess my game is to watch them move and see a chance to poke them with my long sword and then if that works follow it up with a chain. It works great. Both the master strike and the combos seem to be out of sink with just actually watching the enemy weapons and movement. I cannot take my eyes off of them long enough to do this special stuff. But I will keep trying, maybe once I see it in action I will get to see the fun of it. But it kind of sounds like the mercy kill thing, More fun to just keep chopping him for me.

is it me or are master strikes from NPCs much more common now

@nopinkcreations
I haven’t noticed an increased frequency. But this is obviously ancedotel.

@Pongo.

Keep trying. They will come. It’s all in the muscle memory, which takes a while to develop as the AI will perfect block and master strike messing up your timing. Also get rid of all mo

Yep, I’m one of those 1% which get the Fighter achievement . There’s unspoken rules regarding how to execute combos. Believe me, it’s written in one of the Bernard tutorial combo chat script, which is really important. He mentioned;

“strike overhead, then slash from the right, then slash”

which mean you do not need to move your cursor when executing the third move, since the second slash will move your blade to the third direction, if it doesn’t move basically you miss the timing or you’re equipping shield while wanting to execute stab combos with short swords. you just need to click once the second strike hit the enemy WHEN the directional combat icon is TINTED/or once your blade hit the enemy. this is the same for all combos, the 3rd/4th strike always auto positioned. If it not auto positioned you miss the timing, period.

In the tutorial, the most important part to execute the combo is the second part timing, when you should move you cursor to the right. This can be done when the first overhead strike ALMOST hitting the enemy(why?simple we want the direction combat icon to end up at the right, before the TINTING happen), cannot be way earlier where it will become altogether right slash or to late to become normal strike, pass the timing of second strike.

It is much more easier to execute combo with feint rather than after master strike or cinch since the gap between you and your opponent is way to wide and both animation is too long.

Don’t ever equip high damage weapon such as St.George to execute combo. your opponent died way to quickly. Use damaged blade or low damage weapon such as Thumper or Grandad’s old sword. Ignore head cracker perk (I always need to wait them wakeup), if your already pick it up head to the monastery and get the potion recipe to reset your perks. this way you basically worn the enemy armor by taking damage from your combos.

The combat never favor the AI unless you 're outnumbered, its much more satisfying killing your enemies with combos rather than finishing with 1 or 2 normal strikes/stabs + headcracker or just with master strikes alone. If you want to go crazy do a play through without learning master strike.

3 Likes