Disappointed! This guy was right about KC:D all along

I know he is pissed off. But…we are adults here. It still stands that good decorum should prevail in any interaction. I have had issues. Does that mean I rant and rave and insult people because of it? They are working on it. They are not, as some probably imagining here sitting back and laughing at you and your posts while they rake in the money. They run a buisness. If they plan to ever make another game again and have people buy it,they have to do right by this one. The problem with today and 1st world problems is we want everything instant, no waiting and no inconvenience. We expect other things to perform at levels we dont hold ourselves to.While I have had some issues with the game it is not game breaking for me. I will not ridicule WH for the work and time they but into this game. This was their life for 4 years.But I will say this. Seeing this is a KCD official forum, Id like to see that anyone from the development team come forward and put some of these issues to rest. Gamers love the game, the concept, the mechanics. But I think the unintended action of silence on issues here need to be at least addressed. Not saying gamers need their bums patted. I think some would like reassurance that the end user, them,the gamers who supported WH, and ultimately helped an Indie studio reach 1 million copies sold say, Hey we hear you we are grateful we got to where we are. We are 110% behind addressing problems here. WH needs more forum presences here. DRFusselpulli is doing every thing he can answering questions here. I hate to see posters here gang up on him and chastise him and insult him. Its uncalled for. I do think 2 or 3 more DrFusselpulli’s on these forums would ease some of the burden though. Take care.

3 Likes

Good forum decorum. Don’t use big block walls of text.

I like the game following it awhile and first time in a long time excited for a game release. Posted here a few and have seen the hard work and genuine passion for the game.

There is no excusing the release state of the game for ps4 owners. Lets make that crystal clear .not unless you have abandoned all rational and unbiased thinking?

I want warhorse to succeed. I really do even now. And I know well they probably had no choice in the matter this late in the game.

How they proceed now when under this pressure and scrutiny is what will mold them as a studio now.

I agree 100%

1 Like

Ive got about 40 hours at least and the worst i have encountered is 2 game freezes, and some little details I’d like added. Im on xbox though. Something akways goes wonky when converting a sandbox game to PlayStation it seems

1 Like

lots of xbox owners having issues. i have a ps4 version and pc. the pc is by far the way to go here. but that has its bugs too.

I have had a relatively disaster free gameplay on ps4 yes there is pop in and some ugly building lagging lods. one or too issue with main quests but I found workarounds I have been taking my sweet time so perhaps have avoided the worst of the quest bugs so far who knows.

my friend ( who i recommended the game to) has had bigger issues not being able to parts whole parts screwed up. ah fuck him tho he likes the core concept and learning curve.

There has been a lot of exaggerations going on. but I have yet to see a dev say that every complaint and grievance is make believe. this is because that is not the truth.

Yeah its possible ro have s3vere bugs for one person and not the next, because of it being an open world sandbox. So many people doing different things causing different bugs

Dude, it’s one thing to say that the game isn’t for everyone and another to say that the game is a half-baked failure. I realized by now that most of the people that can’t enjoy the game are A) Too focused on the glitches and bugs. B)Doesn’t like RPGs.

I have about 50+ hours of gameplay and am far from finishing the main quest from stuff that I end up discovering mid-way, like practicing stealth/alchemy or just enjoying a afternoon of hunting to get those sweet perks. Having to manage the outfits for proper situations is a pure joy…

This game is made by gamers for gamers and you can see the passion leaking through. I can’t wait for what’s in store for KCD and future WH titles.

3 Likes

Man I just read through this whole thread… Are you ok? Chill out. You had a terrible experience, we get it. I’m playing on ps4 and I feel like it’s a great game. Best game I have played in a long time. This isn’t fanboy shit, and I’ve been gaming since '92. Money grab my ass. They wanted their game to be accessible to as many people as possible. They have a reputation on the line. It would be in their best interest to get the console versions patched up properly. It’s buggy, but very playable for me. Not a money grab. Look how much effort they are putting into listening to the community. They’re patching the hell out of the game already.

You sound jealous of other peoples positive experiences. I mean it sucks you had those problems, I’d be pissed too. But you make it sound like everyone who enjoys the game is just lying to themselves, pretending to enjoy it. Screw off with that. I don’t think you’re trolling, just being a dick.

2 Likes

The ammount of lifess kids who prey for attention is… well… amasing really…

They dislike the game, or complain about content that was announced before hand that it wouldn’t be there, yet they keep coming here every day just to get attention.

I guess i’m a bit to blame for giving them that pleasure by replying here, but what to do.

They have right to complain!

If you support this practice of releasing half finished games, then sooner or later majority of game studios will do this. I mean why wouldn’t they when they see how games like this one can have good sales despite problems.

1 Like

Its already happening yea

My set up …
I7 7700 non k
8gb 2133hz x 1 stick
1060 6gb msi gtx overclocked to 2124hz

I play with everything on ultra except shadows and shaders, I put them on med. I use reshade software to overcome the shadows ect and i get 60fps everywhere… Yes towns and city’s it drops slightly but that’s because of textures loading in, walk round the corner instead of running fixes this.

This game is simply amazing and the people whining about stuttering, frame rate drops into 20s? Need to either upgrade the pc’s or buy a console because pc gaming is obviously not for you. I’ve spent just as much time tweaking and reshading as i have playing it.

THIS GAME RUNS GREAT ON A 1060 I7 7700
I can’t understand why pc players aren’t dropping those shading and shadows options and using a reshade programme

1 Like

yeah i agree its setting a dangerous presedence for others to exploits, jsut think of the big gaming companies who doesnt give a flying f… about us, “cough"ea"cough” not to mention any evil gaming corporation, but i dont think warhorse are in in the midst of such, the game however does sadly lack alot of dev attention, and wasnt imho something they shouold have released as of yet, not said that i dont love and play ever minute i can get away with it, and dont want to give up that right as it are, but i can certainly understand the arguement, also given the OP of this post i think we are way over complaining, ppl should just give their oppinion without being prone to aggression and conspiracy paranoia, and just tell it as it are, no need for all the self promotion either, not any of that will be helplfull in getting the game completed, but in the end that is just my humble oppinion.

Reshade.me
The website i used

1 Like

What do we learn from this? Dont listen to sellout Youtubers like Resonant, hyping up games for no reason before theyre released.

LOL ok, the video has like 154 disliked vs 15 likes I can’t believe you actually took the bait.

1 Like

Because theyre posted in places swarming with people who are still in denial stage

I’ve been in denial that this masterpiece of a game will unfortunately come to an end

1 Like

So you have the amazing mental capacity to know that you dislike the game. The people who do like it though, we’re delusional morons who can’t tell if something is enjoyable or not? I’m also pretty sure this thread would have gotten similar ratings posted ANYWHERE on the internet that has a well rounded sample audience. This thread is as easily seen by people who are really upset about the game, there’s just CLEARLY a lot less of them.

People definitely have a right to complain if they want, but can you seriously not accept or believe that a lot people enjoy this game? We can make up our own minds. We’re not THAT stoopid. Stop telling people what they know or what they think.

Why do you care about whether other people hate it or not anyway? People who have praised the game have pointed out there are clearly issues at the current stage. No one is denying the shaky launch or that some fixes are needed…

Last year I was so hyped for Horizon: Zero Dawn, and when I bought it, I ended up selling it on Craigslist a week later cos it was a letdown to me. Cos my brain told me “you are not enjoying this, don’t play it”, you know like a normal person is able to do. So why would I have sunk over 60 hours into KCD so far, and continue to pour more and more in? Why would I torture myself with something I don’t enjoy?

THE GOOD MAJORITY OF PEOPLE LIKE THE FRIGGIN GAME. Are we allowed to do that, please?

5 Likes

The game is vastly different for everyone. On a regular PS4 it is unplayable. If I sound like a dick, it’s because of the people with your perspective telling me that I’m crying wolf when I say the game is literally unplayable.

It deletes my saves, it constantly crashes, and it is not a functioning program in my experience on the regular PS4 over the last couple of patches.

I am not trying to make it sound like everyone is lying when they said they had a good time, but I do think that a lot of people here read my experience, substitute their own experience on a different platform, and then proceed to act like I’m just bellyaching.

You commented on this just to tell me something 15 other fanboys have already told me. Wow, you don’t have an issue. Your game isn’t broken, great.You have added absolutely nothing new to an existing thread just for me to sit here and regurgitate the same thing I’ve said fifty times over already.

very productive doge

2 Likes