DLC expansions. What kind of DLC would you like to see?

I would like to see an expansion based off the black death pandemic with a whole new character. Just imagine how difficult it would be to survive with the lack of food and medicine. See the whole kingdom slowly wither away day by day as you fight to save yourself or your family.

1 Like

Well, they will be busy making Act II and III, so DLC like this is not very likely to happen… But game is supposed to be easily moddable, so search moddb few months after release of KC deliverance act I :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t want to see DLCs, especially not day-one ones. If something is supposed to be in the game, than put it into the game and don’t break it to several pieces to sell it separately. I agree with MAFIANCZ, there will be plenty of mods.

3 Likes

None. Thank you kindly.

2 Likes

Absolutely none.
Especially not something like “Coat of Arms DLC: customize your Coat of Arms with a BEAR” for € 1,99

But I’m fairly confident in Warhorse on that behalf.

1 Like

The obvious choice: acts 2 and 3

2 Likes

Quite right. That belongs in the store.

DLC: Gore and Tits … hands down, when it’s not in the base game due to age restrictions. This is going to be my “I’m knackered from work and need a drink”-game.

1 Like

If they can spare the manpower (big “if”) I’d like to see Warhorse put out a few supplementary quests between Acts 1 and 2. Maybe one every month or two to keep people interested.

Some of us, myself included, will want to keep playing the game crafting everything, completing every possible quest, and visiting every corner of the land. Over the course of nine months all content will eventually be consumed. Adding a new NPC with a quest line once in a while will keep hungry gamers happy while waiting for the next chapter. Plus a little extra revenue while preparing the next act can only help.

On the other hand, I hope they do not introduce any DLC to add items to the game. Things like paying for a special horse or certain armor are best left to free-to-play MMOs. Best to steer clear of those waters.

Neat idea, and I think that putting out one or two quest in between acts would keep the game alive as well.

And as far as DLC, none at all. I can’t stand games that don’t deliver the full package upon release, and especially ones that cut out features to sell later through DLC. (Skyrim, Rome II: Total War, etc)

1 Like

Considering the episodic release business model, I don’t really wish to see any DLC. I have faith the modding community is going to take care of us, with new content between acts.

I like the idea of episodic release, because of it’s honesty. It’s not like they’re trying to sell act 2 as a new game, unlike some (I’m looking at you Call of Duty and Assassin’s Creed). But It also defeats the purpose of DLC. DLC (to my knowledge) is designed to extend the lifecycle of a game, and justify continued maintenance.

An example of that, is Paradox’ Crusader Kings II. It was released over 2 years ago, and to this day it periodically undergoes radical overhauls to it’s core mechanics. These changes are released for free alongside major 10-20 $ DLC, that add content on top of the game. They also sell minor 1 $ DLC’s with small additions like new music, new models and such. I support this, because it allows me to play a game, that is constantly being improved, based on continuous feedback from the playerbase.

Why? Added revenue streams can only help. If they don’t impact game-play, where’s the harm?

Check out Path of Exile for an example of cosmetic add-ons.

why one or two quests? why not put effort fully into developing second and third expansion? then those expansions will have more content and polish because time was not spent on 1 or 2 quests. if the game cannot keep you interested, 1 or 2 quests is not going to help all that much.

they say 9 month for second expansions if they have the monetary means. i predict they will. i can easily play this game 50 times, and put hundreds of hours into it, spanning over a year, so i think 9 months is short wait period put into perspective.

Hi, I thing that will be great if player can build his own castle. It can be interesting :wink:

Did you by any chance play Hearthfire for Skyrim? It wasn’t received very well. I think that would work as a mod, but not official DLC.

Besides, the map is based so much on historical accuracy, that building your own castle would feel out of place.

I know I know… Yea I played Hearthfire. But just imagine how great it will be. True historical accuracy is more important. Just saying

Free ones! what other kind are there?

something interesting and off beat really that adds a larger dimension to the game something that the devs really wanted to do but didnt get a chance.

I am not saying dragons but
DRAGONS!
Yes it is a joke get over it.

something kinda quirky too

[quote=“Anzious, post:11, topic:16529, full:true”]
I like the idea of episodic release, because of it’s honesty. It’s not like they’re trying to sell act 2 as a new game, unlike some (I’m looking at you Call of Duty and Assassin’s Creed).[/quote]
Each AC IS a new game. That argument is so pointless…

True but he means the game is hardly different from the previous game. in a way there is some truth in that for COD but AC does enough to make an entire new gameworld and setting. Some better then other but that will allways be personal preferrence.

As for the DLC, only some extra stuff like a special armor, coat of arms, special looks, not stats or small difference at best. I dont like half the game in DLC. I dont think this will happen though, or maybe later, but just call it an expansion and make it worth the money.

A new FPS is hardly different from any FPS out there. Of course a successor of a game is similar to the first game. It wouldn’t make much sense to call it another entry in the series if not. The point is - like you said yourself - that each AC game offers a completely new settings or at least location with a whole new storyline and missions with a far bigger scope than a traditional “expansion pack”. It’s beyond my mind how some people could call an action game that offers a storyline of 25 hours and more NOT a new game. I mean most games nowadays don’t even offer half of that for the same price… :wink: