DLC expansions. What kind of DLC would you like to see?

Indeed, AC does a pretty damn good job at making great games, although AC 2 and brotherhood weren’t the greatest of the series. Also the engine I think can get an upgrade, black flag was pretty but painfully obvious at the end of what its engine can produce, as well as how other games look. Take the division engine for instance and think of it in a AC setting. I WOULD MURDER FOR SUCH A GAME :stuck_out_tongue:

Have you seen the trailer for AC Unity?

I guess that AC Unity will look at least as good as Watch_Dogs on PC. :wink:

Preview of watch dogs was much better looking then the actual game does so I don’t believe those straight away :wink:
But it looks good, although this is a cinematic trailer not really actual gameplay. The setting is the french revolution I see and finally again some real buildings to climb on! not that crap stuff from the last 2 games in the usa…

Well, for an open world game Watch_Dogs looks really good with good PC hardware. I even looks really good on my mid-level GPU. :wink:

You cannot compare an open world game with a high level of density and a lot of moving objects at the same time with a linear corridor shooter for example. Of course Crysis, Metro, Battlefield or other shooters may offer superior graphics but they only have a limited amount of objects and only a small area to render. Just think about all the calculations needed for an open world game like Watch_Dogs, AC or GTA. And compared to GTA V for example Watch_Dogs looks phenomenal… :wink:

I mean, of course you could make AC Unity looking absolutly stunning but then only a few rich people on PC could play it. PS4 and Xbox One and most gaming PCs wouldn’t be good enough to render that. And there is - sadly - no economic point of supporting such an engine or graphics nowadays.

Going way offtopic but okay, uhm Far cry 3 engine(what is used in KC ), unrealengine4, frostbite 2.0, the upcoming Witcher game? They all look great, is reasonably scalable and looks great even at medium. Cranking up details uses a lot of power but the graphics hardware moves often faster then the software provides in games. Ofcourse you can easily get a game to beat gpu’s into a pulp and creating a slideshow of 2 fps. What really is holding back gamedevvers are those shitty consoles. They need a game that can run all 3 options, ps4, xbox1 and pc. Pc just is in a whole different ballpark but the engines for crossplatform devved games are not.
AC is a multiplatform game, and I think rightly so because it plays great on the consoles but it means the game will be never optimized for pc. We’ll see what the next installment of AC will bring, and lets keep it clear that gameplay always trumps looks in games for me. :wink:

We haven’t seen any serious amount of actual gameplay of Witcher 3 yet. And we don’t know anything about performance yet… :wink:

Far Cry 3 doesn’t look better than Watch_Dogs, not at all. And an open world game with Unreal Engine 4 is still to be made. :wink:

But yeah, too much offtopic… :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t say there are open world games for the named engines, but just to show a few options that can do this probably. Witcher 3 no gameplay? I think not :slight_smile: not a lot but there is some to see. But even if you use the witcher 2 engine its damn nice, but maybe not the best choice for open world. anyway time for dinner.

That’s not real gameplay as we’ll have it in the final game. That’s exactly the same thing as with Watch_Dogs on E3 2012 but even then they offered WAY more than we have for W3 so far…

Do you know on which hardware the few scenes we see in the video runs? Maybe it runs on a 3000 dollar PC. That’s hardly what most people will see in the final game you know. It’s not even very likely that the final game will offer the same amount of detail because there was is possibly no optimization done so far… :wink:

And of course the Witcher 2 has good graphics, especially for an RPG. But they are not really better than the graphics in Watch_Dogs imo. And with supersampling Witcher 2 only barely runs at 30 FPS on my system… :smiley:

Oh man, WItcher 2 got much more better graphic than Watch Dogs. And that’s a few years old game.

Ahem, no, not in my opinion. :wink:

the good old free DLC, MODS!!!

Yeah, i noticed it too once i saw the rocks in watch dogs.

A DLC about crusades would be nice, but i think they should make a new game for it instead.

1 Like

I wouldnt like to see any DLC, but I would like a ALL-DLC version when they make them all.

But I really prefer that they take longer making the make and the prize increases increase of making DLC.

Appart from this, I think the DLC should have a lot of content but not so much content so if you havent got the DLC you lose a lot of game.

The content for me has to be those things like blacksmithing (although I think this has to be in the final game) that werent put in the game at first time.

Like if you agree.

In the last video update it was said that any missing quest or minor mechanics would be update into the game through DLC.

So I would like to see more of that sort of dlc, not because it’s free (it helps that it’s free.) but just like the witcher has done. Release dlc’s that add to the experience and if it’s something minor, do it for free and don’t charge 5 bucks for horse armor.

I really prefer no DLC but if they make some, it would be very disapponting if they cut up content to put it in DLC.
I think they must do a complete game without the need of DLC to have the complete game and if you want more EXTRA content, buy a DLC.

Well the dlc that Dan was talking about in the video update were quests or content that they couldn’t finish in time.

Might sound weird since the game isn’t out yet, or near release. But I guess it were some minor quests that still had a lot of work left to be included in the internal alpha.

What will the DLC contain concretely (more or less)?

From what we know now, what I said in my previous post. Mostly quests they couldn’t finish in time.

1 Like

:unamused: I prefer they release after the game but finish it and put BLACKSMITHING.