DLC expansions. What kind of DLC would you like to see?

For me it clearly depends on price, content and quality…I can easily imagine free small DLCs post launch like CDProjekt have done for The Witcher 3 so anything they give us will be appreciated (weapons, armors, quests, horse skins, new locations or hidden secrets etc…).

I can also imagine some big content like a new complete Act, but it will depend on how the first one will be polished and finished first and then what will bring the new in terms of story and content (I will appreciate for sure a map extension with new locations, another character to play or a older Henry (why not…?)…with his own house maybe or a quest to build your own ?), there are many ideas.

What I hope (I don’t think they will act like that), is that they will not create small buyable DLCs, I would prefer a big expansion pack to buy, or small free contents.

1 Like

horse armor ofc

…fucking oblivion

A story DLC with a female playable character!

1 Like

I think the best dlc would be act II. Free DLC with what I agree.
Quests and items can be created by modders, while animations and abilities, gameplay mechanics, must be added with game release because it’s hardcoded and requires special tools to create. I would really like to see bigger map and bigger castles or huger battles.

1 Like

Hi,

Add some quests would be a good idea but only if the new quests added are starting after the end of the main plot. I heard that some quests/actions would change the world in an unshiftable way. So some quests will not be available after a time, or after an action made by the player. Adding quests that can’t be played by all the players is quite useless. But new quests that begin after the main plot that pave the way to act II would be surely a good thing.

The most important FIRST DLC is the stuff, which has been cut out due to time-restraints

• Female character questline
  • Dog Companion
  • Blacksmithing (it was said it was HARDER not IMPOSSIBLE! to implement)
  • More complex horse combat
  • All other cut out stuff

Afterwards if not in the release version, Scabbards and Accoutrements for ALL., ALL,. ALL! NPCs, a dedicated slot for the dagger and shield in the inventory as well as for the scabbards (dagger and sword), and a crossbow.

Then there should be besides the standard quest galore the following things in each dlc packet:

• More animations (idle, different small animations for looting, picking and other things for the PC)
  • More animatrions for the NPC so that there will be a variety of different animations
  • More stealth kill animations and possibilites
  • Extensions to gameplay e.g. An option for dragging the bodies instead of carrying them with proper results on the environment (blood stains, tracks of dirt etc.)
  • More combat animation e.g. animations not nescessarily moves of wounded npcs to enrich the combat.
  • More different VISIBLE States of damages, dents in armor etc e.g. more textures.
  • Different gameplay mechanics, like hiding etc.
  • Cripples with proper animation becuase for now all npc seems to be in good health and it wold create diversity.

When All things are ready, then handgones because a handgoone without proper reloading and handling animations is more than shitty and cheap.

Another things are.

1: Horse maintanance - NPC taking care of the horse by feeding, grooming it,changing the saddle etc. in addition to the minigames where the player can do it itself.

2: Jousting in Tournaments.

3: Swimming - Henry should learn through quests to swim, with proper animations and inclusively drowning.

4 Likes

Nice list with good ideas but I think Devs will not see value in them and will rather continue act II with new story which then I will be very dissapointed with support to them.

In ACT II would like to see command options that would let you control AI, more sieges or big battles, AI must be improved. In BETA AI is terrible it can’t find their enemies and don’t do anything tactical, just rush into enemy and that’s it.

A fully fledged SDK would be solution for a lacking support, then we as a community can mod the missing things. But I hope that they will support KCD up to a year in the future.

2 Likes

This should be introduced in updates, not in DLC, because these are things that should be in the game but aren´t.
Appart from this, I agree a lot.

I think 50-60$ game should be in best quality. Cuting off features and putting in DLCs will just upset alot of ppl but anyway I would still pay 10-20$ for DLC just to support Act II and Act III.

I would like to see a few things, One could be a Vampire Dlc where you you get bitten and must survive and kill the Vampire leader, while not burning at the stake of the locals for being a so called Witch, You much come out at night and hide during the day. You must stay in the shadows, bite and fly your way around. Also a simple Ninja outfit, The ninja outfit could be on a old boat that drifted in from somewhere, with a skeleton of a ninja complete with Ninja outfit, hood mask, Bow and Katana.

1 Like

One in which they expand the map to include a proper medieval city capitol like Prague. Teeming with population, guild trade and industry. The visuals and atmosphere of Assassin’s Creed Syndicate is the closest example of this. If this sort of civilization density could be achieved in the medieval setting, this would be perfect.

Europe was on the rebound population wise from the black death around this point. So there was a big labor shortage as European country populations slowly began an upwards tick. A good amount of the peasantry in that time enjoyed an upward mobility into the “middle class” created by the Guild societies. A lucky minority of peasants even earned enough to buy their own farms from nobles and clergy.

Basically, increase the political intrigue of the game by adding prominent medieval towns of the period. Rattay is supposed to be a major town, but ends up little better than backwater county shire. A medieval town like London was bustling with people, foreigners and trade from merchants everywhere. Hell I’m willing to bet even the waning Hanseatic League had more population & trade in the more sparsely populated towns and villages than Rattay.

1 Like

I don’t expect any big DLC’s for this game, like DLC with several hour’s gameplay with quests and stuff. But I hope they add ‘‘smaller’’ things. Like improve cooking and make that more like alchemy, and acctually give cooking a point and not just go through the entire game eating free food everywhere, like enter a random guys house and eat from his cooking pot with no reactions… Hope they find a way to have some form of blacksmithing. Maybe a basic ‘‘Housing DLC’’ where you can do small stuff to the house like adding a alchemy table etc.

Oh, and customizable Henry. I mean not re-create him or anything, but hair, beard and stuff like that

For example a few idea:
Hungarian subtitle
Swiming,
Wild animals,
Crafting (armor, weapon)
Fix the bugs!!

1 Like

I would like a simple dlc that adds adjustable visors to the helmets. So the helmets visors are open in cutscenes. Also initiate dialog from horseback

2 Likes
  1. Dlc#1 that will fix ALL THE GAME BREAKING MQ & side quest bugs, #@$%!&*# save game deletion issues
    2.DLC #2 is the performance optimizer for game play overhaul (YES FIXING THE COMBAT PERFORMANCE ISSUE), correcting the pop out textures/poor graphics, crappy FPS, laggy game play, unnecessary loading screens on game start, unable to skip the Osacr movie for the 90th time loading the game etc. Basically everything now that makes doing the simplest game play things (like talking to NPCs) a complete CHORE.

Then after that, they can consider rolling out Skyrim sandbox style DLC that should’ve been included in the base game. Sandbox content to help extend the game life like

1. Rebuild Skalitz and outlying villages. Yes historically this didn’t happen. But it’s not unrealistic that a minority of people didn’t attempt to resettle the areas surrounding Skalitz. The NW part of the map is a FRICKIN GHOSTOWN. Many of the sturctures in this area were unaffected by the Skalitz raid. Yet they stand vacant and abandoned. NO NPCs around anywhere??? Not even animials like rabbits?? What gives?
    1.Hunting & Fishing features (add variety forest animals with predator-prey behavior like SkyTest does in Skyrim.
    2.Crafting weapons/armor/clothing. Use all craft stations from Skyrim, but use the alchemy work bench approach to crafting with these stations. You can DIY craft/refine hides from hunting, foraging for wood/herbs etc. and/or buying imported goods from guild vendors. Craft your own saddle/saddle bags to increase your weight limit. SHOE YOUR OWN GOD DAMNED HORSE DAMNIT. Isn’t Henry a Smith’s son FFS?
  2. Camping feature. Yes they’re campsites you can sleep at. But you can’t really camp wherever the hell you want on the map like with Chesko’s Camffire mod. Besides this, the things you can do at said campsites is extremely limted ie cook food if the fire is lit (WTH CAN’T YOU FORAGE WOOD AND LIGHT THESE?). You can eat and then sleep. THAT’s IT. You can’t do anything else in camp. Can’t smoke a pipe by fireside. can’t read a book, never get attacked by bandits/animals etc etc. BORING.
    4.Add Seasons. BECAUSE IT ALSO SNOWS IN BOHEMIA FFS.
    5.Exposure/Survival to Weather feature like Frostfall. Extended exposure to rain, snow should affect your health and combat readiness/skills
    6.Food actually nourishes you besides giving you a piggy/over eat buff or simple food poisoning. Need to revamp how foods affect player’s combat skills the way a complex mod like Imp’s More Complex Needs does. If Henry becomes malnourisehd, then weakens his immunity system and leads to disease.
    7.Disease system that works with existing injury system. Exposure to weather/environment, battle injuries, animal attacks (OH WAIT, THERE AREN’T ANY PREDATORY ANIMALS IN BOHEMIA) poor nutrition from food, not eating regularly, drinking too much etc all weaken his combat readiness and increases disease chance. Failure to visit an alchemist, or priest, or practice first aid will KILL Henry.
  3. Cooking more varied food recipies (like more Offal recipes from extra animals & plants added in #1)
  4. Swimming FFS. For both player and NPCs. ASAP. And yes…PC horse should be able to swim as well because they can do that in real life.
  5. Working NPC guilds that player can join and/or do faction/side/favor quests for aka Stonemason, Tailor,
    11.Let player be able to open their own shop as a guild member, hire NPCs and make coin on the side? Like be a brewer, Tanner, smith, alchemist, carpenter/stonemason, etc etc.
    12.Let player be able to build their own homes. Get discounts if a guild member
    13.Let PC to get married/have a girlfriend, have children–VIP FOR SECURING HENRY’S LEGACY GIVEN HIS HIGH MORTALITY RATE. HAVING A COUPLE BASTARD WHELPS ADDS TO THE IMMERSIVE REALISM OF THE GAME----REGARDLESS OF HOW THE MQ WAS DESIGNED TO PLAY OUT ALONG HISTORIC GUIDELINES.
    14.GIVEN HENRY A DIGESTIVE SYSTEM & BOWELS. THERE ARE OUTHOUSES EVERYWHERE BUT HE CAN ONLY SIT IN THEM AND READ??? How is it even realistic that he can easily get food poisoning–but can’t go to the latrine to relieve himself??
    15.Allow Henry to wet himself in battle if his health (and so battle moral) drops below 25%. Why is voiding one’s bowels during battle/combat a non occurence in this realistic medieval simulator?

too many to mention here

And the obvious taboo: Allow Henry to have SEX. In real game time. With animations. Wherever and whenever Henry (and the player) desire it. The adult rated cutscenes with that priest didn’t hold back, were extremely graphic AND unapologetic. So this omission on part devs is completely unrealistic. What’s with the sudden prudishness limiting sex to a bath house with a bath maid in gameplay? Seriously, how is it possible that the OSex mod exists in fantasy realm Skyrim, but this realism medieval simulator doesn’t permit player to do this in real game play time? Especially since a 3rd gen game LIKE GTA SAN ANDREAS ALREADY DID THIS OVER A DECADE AGO FFS??

1 Like

sex minigame will be harder than lockpicking

1 Like

I think there was a mention of a female campaign in the kickstarter

NPCs with brain that can protect themselves without lock on system that would be a nice expansion

1 Like

What I would like to see is more of a variety of situations to fight on the roads, as well as more variety of NPCs to fight.
Guilds. Some sort of organized mercenary or fighters guild, thieves guild, alchemist guild, merchants guild.
Increased inclement weather/ seasons? I would love to see snow and epic mountain scenes, more places for adventurer types like more caves, dungeons, mines to explore. Something like a Carpathian mountain DLC would be awesome, complete with foggy pine forests and snow capped peaks.
In addition to this harsher terrain I think there should be more ferocious wildlife. I am sure I am not the only one who thinks fighting bears, wolves, and boars sounds totally rad.
Animal companion.
Crossbows
More blood, gore, dismemberment, impalement.
The next type of DLC which would be so adaptable would be some type of historically accurate horror based around the same time and place. I think the best adaptable horror arc would be that of Transylvanian Vlad the Impaler. It would be the same time and setting with the same type of architecture and castles, except add in the flavour of a harsh mountainous setting with cold, maybe an inclement weather system, ferocious mountain animals, and rumours of the castle nobility bathing in the blood of enemies.

1 Like