Dog Companion + combat academy confirmed!?

Daniel Vavra sent this tweet

So they keep their promise and work on adding kickstarter goals
I didnt expect anything else tbh
I’m not exactly sure what he means with combat academy though… anyone got a clue?

4 Likes

Possibly the tournament seen in multiple videos. Bug fixes get top priority, but once those are done, working on the other stuff seems like a good next step.

1 Like

Wish i would have been a backer :frowning:

1 Like

indeed, good thing they already worked on some stuff like dog companion and even blacksmithing - they weren’t satisfied with the outcome but at least they have something to build on.

is that ture? They are working on blacksmith. Thats what I want. creating my own sword.

They had the plan to have it in the game so I’m confident that it will come…
Cant say when though

I imagine that free DLC type content will be made available for a price to others also as an option.

1 Like

same, kinda feel like everyone deserves something for sticking around through this hellish launch, though I’ll be happy when the game is finally fixed and in proper order, would be nice though lol. Can you still donate to the company to get backer status do you know? like for future projects or whatever?d

1 Like

no, you cant back anymore… idk how future plans look like but I guess they have enough money for KCD2 now

2 Likes

figured as much. Also figured though that "enough"money is not as good as “as much as we can get” lol. Fair enough though, still a brilliant game; cant wait to see it in proper working order with some new additions/realism/immersion stuff.

the game is like a rough diamond
with better performance, some adjustments and additions and DLC’s its going to be a real gem
I just thought about adding a fire starter kit maybe flintstone or something so these fires on the pot wouldnt be lit all the time which is kind of unrealistic… also I’d wish that you can sit down (tailor seat) chill beneath a pond and do some fishing… would be cool to be able to cook the fish with some salt and herbs or smoke it over the fire, maybe you could set up your own camp… Blacksmithing would be a great addition, too. I also hope they rework the inventory so you have more categories… some of these things shouldnt be too hard to implement

1 Like

see its the simple stuff. I want a flint animation when I start a fire, i want to be able to carry a water skin and use it and some veggies/meat to actually cook food instead of throwing it into a pot of pre existing stew/soup. Maybe carry wood and set your own fire up, outside of town of course, and cook that way. The Campfire mod from Skyrim and the Alt Start/A New Life mods would be super cool with more realism/immersion fishing, cooking, farming, etc mods. Make living in 1400s Bohemia a thing instead of just running around existing in that era. I’m suuuuuper stoked for this game when its like a year or two old. I’m on Xbox, so that is probably the time frame I’m looking at lol.

1 Like

someone mentions getting a cleaning cloth for your mace/sword with a mini game for cleaning your weapon…who goes to a grindstone to get blood off a sword? Seems silly. Also, i still dont know how to clean my mace and I’m pretty sure I cant. Forever bloody weapons for this guy.

I think it would also be cool to have some bards and such in the taverns, you could sit there the waitress comes to you you order your beer and listen to the bards then you can give them some spare money and they’d be happy your reputation will grow… all these things would mean a lot for immersion

8 Likes

You can clean your mace (or axe) with a blacksmith kit.

I’ll have to look next time to make sure, as I dont fix it up all the time, but it’s always bloody…but I fight a lot of bandits. I’ll keep an eye out. Still though, that’s an expensive way to clean a mace when I have a shirt and pants lol. Thanks for the tip though.

Totally agree. Pubs have good atmosphere, but you can feel like “in real pub” only when you play dices. You can’t order beer or food, you can have only take-away. :frowning:

2 Likes

like, the game at launch was only what, 20some GB download? There is way more room to be used. I have a post somewhere on here about mods I’d like to see so I wont go into detail but sooooo much more could be done for immersion. When was the last time you saw a villager going to the butcher or the baker? The only interaction I see between vendors and patrons is at the tavern, why is there never a line at the baker like there is at the cleaning buckets? Just saying. There will be some crazy mods, I wish I had the know how because I think I have some good ideas lol

As opposed to amourer kits you get so many blacksmith kits during the game they start overloading your inventory. They are pretty useless if you are sharpening your blades on the grinding wheels yourself. Keep in mind that poisoning your weapons is quite helpful and sharpening/repairing them removes the poison effect.

1 Like

especially after getting down with Godwin and Hans. All other trips to the Tavern are just so blegh, boring. They really set the bar too high with that Godwin mission lol

2 Likes