E3 News material

psst, @DrFusselpulli … they know.
Commencing plan: “Turn that frown upside down”

I know you have good intentions proky, but this humor tends to come off condescending.

@PompousPeasant While im discontent on the level of development news thats been shared since beta release, WH has never demonstrated hate or any negativity toward their backers.

They have demonstrated this by letting us speak our minds, even when critical and negative toward them.

I have really high hopes for Kingdom Come. But a lot of people (especially Russian community) think that you, developers, are just trying to earn cash and then close the project next year.

ok, if this is what th russian community thinks then I have to say -as much I love the Russian- they are stupid :slight_smile: How can anyone think such a thing or even post it? Earn cash and closing the project? Do you really think that? Cheers & Love

Well, this is bullshit. The development of the game already was more expensive than the amount of money we got from kickstarter and from the supporters on our homepage. The only way to make money is to sell the finished game after release. Everything else will be deficit. In fact, if we wanted scam the community, we better should have closed earlier, every new day of development is expensive. The fact that we are here shows that we are taking this game seriously. Kingdom Come Deliverance is an investment in the future because we believe in this project.

12 Likes

So you speak for the Russian Community? No you don’t so don’t make such dumb statements. They don’t have to do ANYTHING you say.

2 Likes

@Gripen, don´t harm @Mundhalai-khan please, he may only report what he discovered from time to time.
And it is never a good idea to fight against someone who wants to bring information. :slight_smile:

Yes, the focus of development is PC and Consoles right now. Linux and Apple might unfortunately not happen on day 1 of release, as we are tight in schedule. If you don´t want to wait, for it, you always can get a PC or Console version. And we are very sorry about the inconvenience here.

On the other Hand, the overall development of the game makes some progress. Our horse combat system has improved a lot in the last weeks, and we already left some difficulties about it behind us.

Same good news about the polearm combat. Here are some exclusive insides from the animation department about it:

We are also working heavily on game optimization. Especially in AI optimization. This will not only lead to a better overall performance of the game, but this will also solve some of the issues we have right now. Named:
Save/Load system, fast travel, skip time and long response times of NPCs in combat.

28 Likes

And eek I thynken, that the simulatious release on PC and consoles was a bad idea. It would be better if you first focused on PC version, and make a port on consoles a later. But you are developers, thou koude dooth the bet.

That would have made sense with the proprietary architectures of the PS3 and the XB360 - work on PC was not usable directly on the consoles, and porting was a risky venture that has caused severe hardship to some software houses…

With the PS4 and XB1 there is a move toward PC architectures and single version development - as there is less need for complete overhaul of all assets and rewriting of all code it makes some sense to develop and optimise all three platforms together, especially since the PC and console markets are of roughly the same magnitude and delayed/exclusive releases are not a good thing IMO.

(As an aside, I’d love to have been able to play The Last of Us, but it is exclusive to a console I don’t own and have no plans of buying… so I’ll manage without buying it, no matter how good it seems).

2 Likes

Consoles will hopefully generate a good chunk of the sales, so I think to focus on them (as well as on Windows PCs) is a good idea. Not sure how many people would/will buy the non-windows version(s), but it’s most likely going to be much less. And more sales means more and better future Acts for us. Yay. :sunny:

3 Likes

Well, I hope that the development won’t have to downgrade graphics in order to optimise the game for consoles.

Great. Will it be possible, like in war of the roses, to switch between the blade and the spike for a blow?

I do not know much about polearm fighting. In the fighting books I have seen often also a spike at the end of the staff. Did they also used this spike at the lower end in a fight?

You mean the spike on the Back? I don´t know to be honest, but I don´t think so. You can use the front Spike to pierce someone.

I hope you won’t downgrade graphics for consoles’ sake?

Nope, nothing like this is planned at all.

2 Likes

It is great.

Thanks for info! This is exactly stuff that I would really appreciate to get at least once a month…some info about whats going on with some exclusive screenshot :smiley:

2 Likes

I must say that I really appreciate everyone’s enthusiasm. Y’all must understand, we don’t mind anyone speaking their minds, especially when it comes to fans who are very passionate about the game!

I will boldly say that if you think Warhorse is just looking out just for their own interests, think again. This team is what made me want to work with these guys! And we’re all a party if this team because without you guys, this wouldn’t be possible.

More info will be coming. Hang in there. I know we’ve been saying that for awhile, but more info will come. This game will be worth the wait, folks. There’s still much more that y’all haven’t seen yet!

6 Likes

Artou developers, artou weel koude dooth the bet. And all ytoil is trewe longue to devyse. And thus, we axe namore. Maken swich a dyamantuz as longue as hitte takke.