Enemies don't attack after 1.8.1

Was this supposed to have been fixed? I’m updated to the most recent version and I’m still having the same issues. No enemies will attack me unless they are using a bow. I took out a whole bandit camp near skalitz with my fists, it’s silly

1 Like

Enemies with bows work fine. However, ones with melee weapons quickly T-pose when they try to attack, then go back to circling.

Bump. Any update?

This issue should have been fixed in the last update. Patch notes reference something in regards to like “Increased aggression of NPC’s including Runt” So they should initiate more often against the player and not just sit their defending/riposting everything.

Should have been, but I’ve updated my game and still have the same issue

You sure you have the latest patch and that you don‘t play with too old mods?

Because for me and many others the patch fixed this issue.

1 Like

I’m not running any mods. I actually reinstalled the game overnight and I’m still having the same issue. I verified my version number is showing 1.8.2. I also still have an issue with stealth kills/knockouts, where it happens instantly. Here’s a video of the stealth bug:

As for may, 16th of 2019 the bug is still exist. And it happened suddenly - now I am invincible, but the fun started to fade. Any solution for now?

Nice. I like it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Well, don’t know how common is this, but once such thing happened in my game too. I payed a visit to the camp of high level bandits and one of them got up. I chose to run, but he kept being right behind me, not allowing to somehow change this situation. Ok, we stopped in the field, and I decided to try fighting him tet-a-tet right under the moon. He was obviously good in combat and better armored to I decided to place my bet on master strikes at least in the beginning.

After couple of minutes of dancing around each other I understood that my plan has failed. He wasn’t attacking. Sure, he parried, beat me in the face during clinch, stuff like that, but he definitely wasn’t going to give me window for return strike. So I had to run all the way to Sasau, having him right behind me, trying to get some distance to call the horse and turn the uneven fight in equally uneven race of mounted archer and plate-armor swordsman.

I can’t say, that is a “bug”, just seems like AI needs some tweaking in it’s combat strategy.