Enemies of "PC Master Race"

I am for one quite glad there are consoles, as they help me as PC gamer to save money :slight_smile:
Since most titles are multiplatform nowadays, devs have to create their game in a way, that it can be played smoothly on 5 or more years old hardware. And they usually don´t bother with improving graphics only for PC´s sake, which means that if you have atleast comparable PC to latest console HW, you won´t have many performance issues with newest games :slight_smile:

Thats also reason why my old and mediocre GTX660 runs almost all new games on atleast 30fps with high details…

You can easily flip this and say games are being made worse than they otherwise could be, solely for the sake of consoles and lowend systems. This is not a good thing, and isn’t a good enough excuse for developers, as they can create it just as they want, then make it easier for consoles to run.

As for longevity on PC, that’s why graphics settings exist.

1 Like

Well the consoles are a good medium for people who want to have one media device for their livingro. Which they are good at. Pure for gaming? I prefer a pc, and pc excels at it.

Do you know, that consoles had much higher performance, than PCs? Compare PS3 (Cell Broadband Engine - 9,46 GFLOPS with 8 SPUs) vs. E6850 (Core architecture “Conroe” - roughly 1,5-2,0 GFLOPS, depending on test - single/multi core, dot product/LU decomposition, on 2 cores). Core i5 6700K can reach roughly 14-15 GFLOPS (SGEMM test even 37,9GFLOPS!).
Consoles were built with high enough performance to last with it for a long time. CBE used in PS4 was a CPU designed for supercomputers, and they gave it into gaming console…

Another thingy is, that performance rise between Intel CPU generations is roughly 7-10%, so you don’t have to buy every year a new CPU to keep up with latest designs. I have Core i5 4600K and I’m just fine, I don’t see a reason to buy Kaby Lake.
What you describe is not thanks to old hardware in consoles, but thanks to possible hardware limit we might have reached. That means desktop CPU manufacturers don’t have to upgrade performance, but they instead try to minimize their architectures to actually allow development of smaller devices, with performance nearing to full scaled desktop PCs.

Yes, multiplatform games are good, they bring more money to developers, so they can develop better and more. But I don’t think it’s because consoles are old and they can’t catch a breath.

I just can’t find the desire to really give a shit what other people play their video games on.

1 Like

I don’t believe you are writing from a console, with joystick in hand :smiley:

PC will always be the better platform, deal with it.

1 Like

You came to the wrong thread.

1 Like

The funny thing is, there is elitism, in the console peasant inferior race. Some peasants have decided to abandon their inferior ways and use the objectively superior control system of the mouse and keyboard on their console FPS games like Overwatch.

Obviously the CPIR (console peasant inferior race) are not happy with this. Many of them cried and attempted to get these unpeasantlike console users banned. Even Blizzard took the side of the inferiors, saying it wasn’t fair. Awww. Poor peasants.

Consoles are just mediocre PCs these days anyway. They have proprietary hardware to artificially maintain exclusives, but beyond that, they are indistinguishable from PCs. Some, in the past, even ran Linux. Although they are trying to maintain a more closed off infrastructure so they can better control the user experience, and rake in those shekels.

3 Likes

Look, another PC Elitist, telling everyone how they should play and bashing everyone, who doesn’t limit himself with PC only.

1 Like

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder528/500x/66067528.jpg

4 Likes

If you read it, you would see it was the other way around. It was peasants attempting to tell other people how to play with their peasant boxes.

Exclusives help no one. That’s the only real problem I have with walled off gaming platforms. Whether it’s DRM like Windows Store, Origin, or consoles, limiting how you can play is bad for consumers.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Mundhalai-khan and his stupid threads. Never change man.

2 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

Release the memes!

3 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

I like both pc and consoles. Same with ar’s and ak’s. What Im the only one here?

…Slowly walks away…

Ok, your call…

Oh yeah, and I forgot obligatory W40K meme :wink:

1 Like