Enemies of "PC Master Race"

No, you are not.

LOL!! :smiley:

you have posted here without posting a meme. You should fix it, pal :wink:

1 Like

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder970/61302970.jpg

1 Like

First of all, apologies for taking the bait and kind of derailing this thread with seriousness but the tech nerd inside of me canā€™t let this slideā€¦ This thread should remain dank memeshow and once I am home I will post a dank meme to redeem myself and keep this light hearted so console peasants can rejoice.

[quote=ā€œRailBalco, post:24, topic:31664ā€]
Do you know, that consoles had much higher performance, than PCs? Compare PS3 (Cell Broadband Engine - 9,46 GFLOPS with 8 SPUs) vs. E6850 (Core architecture ā€œConroeā€ - roughly 1,5-2,0 GFLOPS, depending on test - single/multi core, dot product/LU decomposition, on 2 cores). Core i5 6700K can reach roughly 14-15 GFLOPS (SGEMM test even 37,9GFLOPS!).Consoles were built with high enough performance to last with it for a long time. CBE used in PS4 was a CPU designed for supercomputers, and they gave it into gaming consoleā€¦[/quote]

The PS3 was certainly stronger at time of launch than a comparatively priced PC. However, that was done at the cost of Sony losing money with sales. Those times are long gone and by the time the PS4 launched it was a different story.
The core i5 - 6600K (not 6700) is capable of around 120 GFLOPS at stock speeds. And if you count the PS3 cell processor (which was an engineering marvel and almost never taken full advantage of) you need to take into consideration the computer performance of GPUs too which fall into the TFLOP side of things. However, TFLOP donā€™t tell the whole story since not TFLOPS are created equally and in order to compare them you need to take into account the architecture. The PS4 and Xbone CPU are far from super computer grade. They were AMDs first abortive attempt at a mobile CPU which is why they are the biggest limiting factor and the reason that not even the PS4 pro can play most games at 1080p60 though it can play them at "4k"30. It is a CPU bottleneck.

I am pretty sure you donā€™t have that CPU as it doesnā€™t exist. You either have a 4670k or a 4690k in either case, you donā€™t need an upgrade yet as those chips are good oveeclockers (though the 4670k can get toasty). That being said on a clock-per-clock comparison Kaby lake is faster and it can reach faster frequencies due to smaller manufacturing node. Also ithis is still intelā€™s first design in 14nm manufacturing node (same design as skylake) and next design will likely see more improvements (first design that broke intelā€™s tic-toc strategy). All the CPUs mentioned far outstrip whatever the PS4 or XBONE have by a mile and they pose no bottlenecks (well, maybe if you pair them with a Titan XP to a fast 144 hz+ 1080please display) to current gen GPUs. These CPUs still have long legs and they can do a lot.

Ubisoft has stated that they downgraded ā€œThe divisionā€ graphics because otherwise it would be unfair to console players and many times the focus on consoles mean we have chappy PC ports that come full of bugs and performance issues (Batman??) However, when it is done right, the PC version runs even better. Assetto Corsa ran extremely well. When they made the console version they also released a PC performance patch with the knowledge they gained and now the game is even better on PC. Seriously, I run that game maxed out at 1440p at 120Hz. It is unbelievable. A PS4 can run it sub 60 FPS. That should tell you a thing or two about processor bottlenecks.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance seems to be following on Kunosā€™ footsteps which is excellent. It will mean that PCS players will have an amazing game and console players too. Just donā€™the be surprised if you.have dips under 60 FPS when lots of objects are visible (physics calculations handled by the CPU are usually an immediate bottleneck for the consoles).

So, apologies for the longish serious post but I had to do it.

I promise I will ā€œrememeā€ myself later.

1 Like

Here is a nice PC master race meme to redeem myself:

And so people donā€™t say I am biased:

2 Likes

Controllers can be used on PCs. M/KB can be used on most consoles.