Enemies scaling?

Hi,

I don’t know if it’s just my imagination but it seems enemies are level scaling more noticeably since 1.42 patch (new playline), almost every bandit I encounter outside Rattay area is some kind of elite, geared like a super medieval knight like this one:

They usually have 5000+ groschens worth of gear:

You can basically kill one bandit then retire in some sunny place.
This reminds me of TES:Oblivion. Does anyone know if there’s such a mechanic in KCD?

but not enough of them.
still getting one hit wonder peasants even with the mod that up’s it.

Look at the bright side… Better gear to sell👍

I’m trying to understand what determines enemy level, so far I noticed 2 things:
1.The northern area is more prone to spawn high level enemies.
2.Random encounters seem to match how well you’re equipped, if you go full plate/high quality weapons, bandits will be better equipped (I don’t have any evidence of that, just some testing).
Yesterday I had a Cuman vs bandits encouter, they were all wearing super high quality armors/weapons, I finished off the survivors then looted something like 100k+ worth of gear…

Another nice one, each bandits is worth around 10000 groschens!

2 Likes

That looks like the last mission given by vom Berg, a camp located west of Sasau river, almost at the end of the map. The bandit chasing missions are definitely scaled.

And stay tuned for your feature presentation :laughing:

It kills me that these guys live in the wilderness, spend their time assaulting merchants and traveler and yet their armors are shining bright when mine is filthy even if I had it laundered an hour ago…

3 Likes

This is also something that bothers me alot. Getting dirty too fast when all the other NPC’s look clean.
It’s not normal when you have to wash yourself 3 times a day (if not more) when you are walking in towns.

1 Like

ya, how the heck do you get that dirty just walking around town? your boots and sabatons ( foot armor)mebbe.

1 Like

The funny thing is that they don’t acknowledge this. I send a email about this to janrucker:

Dear Jan Rucker,

I am responding to your message posted on the forum: Most annoying experience, bug or part you encountered? Jan Rucker wants to know. Please share your thoughts!
What I find realy annoying is that I have to go to the bath house every 2 hours of in game time (like 10 to 20 minutes real time). If I don’t then I will look realy dirty (but the items in inventory don’t show dirty status).
It would be best if we have to wash our selves 1 time every day (in game time) like we should in real life.

Thanks in advance and I hope the next update will be released soon on the Playstation 4 Pro with these issues solved so I can play again.

Regards,

Real-Hawk

Jan Rücker jan.rucker@warhorsestudios.cz
Vr 13-4-2018, 13:16
Hey!

„go to the bath house every 2 hours of in game time“
You can wash yourself in thorough. Anyway, how dirty you get depends on what are you doing in the game.

Have a good one!

Jan Rucker
QA Department
https://twitter.com/jan_rucker
Jan Rucker :crossed_swords: (@jan_rucker) | Twitter
The latest Tweets from Jan Rucker :crossed_swords: (@jan_rucker). Quality assurance - PC/PS4 - @WarhorseStudios | Games, Movies, IT. Czech Republic
twitter.com

Thank you for your fast response,

I have to add more to my information.
I was not clear enough but it does not matter what I do I always get dirty realy fast.
For example: I was sleeping, woke up and went to the bath house. I was selling equipment and went to sir Radzig and I look completely dirty again. This is realy a big issue for me. I understand that actions like swimming and falling should make you dirty and that is nice and realistic but this is not the case for me.

I got no more response after this and not very helpful.

mebbe being up to their arses in angry alligators in their own swamp and a small extra one doesn’t get full attention?
It is annoying. I almost feel like Henry has the hand washing disorder.

2 Likes