Ever since the new patch the main quest automatically fails

I literally just started a new game to check this out and they’re there for me. Do you have any mods? Keep in mind I have a super fresh copy of the Steam game. I just grabbed it last night, so I only had that version then 1.4 patched on top of that. Most of you will have seen many, many patches from the last 2 months.

they broke my monitor, im serious high contrast bug

Yeah Im gonna remove mods and see…might be one…but not sure which…

I will say I read on a steam forum someone having the same problem…

started with 21 bandages and a bandit ear… I started with 21 bandages and a bandit leader spur…

So something is going on…

this game should be issued with a complementary can of RAID

Yea, this patch is going to break every single mod outside of a hue graphic mod.

So I removed everything including my user.cfg file

Now its fine…

going to add them back one at a time and see which one is causing it

1 Like

Same problem guys. Main quest now fucked. Pretty pissed not gonna lie. They also havnt improved performance even a tiny bit ffs. I get the feeling this means there nothing more they can do, the game only perform well when there nothing going on basicly soon as you add NPC’s , torches, city’s the game shits itself.

One thing I don’t like is lying. Don’t fucking lie and say you’re improving performance in 1.4 warhorse because you’ve done fuck all. Same shit show.

Yeah I know this isn’t obvious to a lot of people, but the way modding works right now any large patch(ie not a hotfix) will break almost all mods. You’re basically using the file from whatever version the mod was made on, with the changes that the mod makes. Honestly given that a lot of PC users have mods right now, I think Warhorse should have a warning on the main menu if mods are detected the first time you load up a new patch telling you to disable them or you may face unintended issues.

If they missed the main quest bug I’m going to assume they have so few testers that what they did check did show fixed performance. I’m sure they not lying or deceiving people. That makes no sense no matter how you slice it.

So let’s look at this rationally and see the most logical conclusion? they just don’t have much of a test crew.

I took out all mods…and everything was fine so yeah was a mod…

So then I added them back one at a time…restarted a new game every time…

and was able to add them all back…and its fine…

so no damn idea what was going on…

It’s still not a good idea to use mods from a previous version. Will likely lead to bugs or other unintended problems.

Do a color calibration and it will fix your screen.

The quest fail bug dosent seem to be tied to saves
Ive loaded over 12 different saves on multiple quests
and it allwayse fails as soon as i load in
and besides that the game is completely broken now
bugs every where its unplayable wish i could role back to v1.3.4
it might be better to scrap this patch and start over but what do i know
well good luck fixing it

Me too “Questions and Answers” fails on launch.

If anyone hasn’t installed 1.4 yet, you can prevent the update by putting Steam into offline mode. That’s what I did to preserve my 1.3.4…glad I did.

I was just about to question the captive on the Questions & Answers Quest saved the game for dinner. On opening the game post 1.4 patch it’s all gone mental.
The main game Quest is now broken as it states that the Q & A quest is failed plus taking captive to Radzig .

This is quite a mahoosive problem guys, why did you break the game over night?

They’re working on it. A post from Vavra that someone else shared said that it was a corrupted upload to Steam.

OP here, just to be clear the bug effects the main quest regardless of which saved game I load. I have tried going back to much earlier (like hunting with the young lord) and the main quests always fails immediately upon loading.

It is not just Qestions & Answers and I am not using any mods either

After interrogating the captive at merhojed, the game instantly crashes.
Can I somehow work around this?