Fallout 4 trailer & game speculation

Hello everyone, I started a thread about the Fallout 4 (trailer) so we don’t get offtopic elsewhere. So far we know for sure that the game takes place in Boston. Trailer here:

EDIT:
E3 gameplay:

Some speculation:

• player character might be voiced for the first time in the series
  • parts of the game might take place before the 2077 nuclear war (possibly tutorial only)
  • there might be customizable armor
  • possibility of interiors being in the same game cell as the exteriors (would be first time for TES/FO)
  • very likely still running on modified Gamebryo/Creation engine - the same LOD issues plus grass, lighting systems looks nearly identical to Fallout 3.
  • the trailer is likely done mostly in-engine

A few screenshots I took from the trailer:

2 Likes

I confess i am not really a Fallout fan… well I liked the old fallout games.
But when Fallout 3 came I had weak PC so I could not play it even if I wanted to.
And then when I had powerfull enough PC it did not appeal to me much. I did not like graphics, gameplay and absolutely anything.
So I did not even try DLCs or anything that came aftewards.

But this trailer promises something different. So it got my attention.
What I find interesting is that it is unimpressive and that they choose diferent art design.
Though the new design is not really best suited for postapocaliptic game it surely offers more clarity to the game.

Anyway, it seems that new Fallout will offers actual changes and not just graphic update.

2 Likes

I still play Fallout 2 one or two times a year… I played true Fallout 3 one time… and din’t buy any of the DLC…

I still prefer the good old 3rd person turnbased RPG game to a first person shooter…

Is it just me or are graphics not that good?

2 Likes

They are nothing special in my opinion, but if all interiors will be accessible without loading screen it will be cool. If they really pulled that they must have made some compromise somewhere. At least when modding Oblivion/Skyrim trying to put interiors and exteriors in the same cell caused huge performance problems (for more than a small house that is). In Oblivion I remember trying various methods how to fake windows so they would trick you into thinking that you can look out of them and actually see the game world - that was fun. Cryengine handles this very good I’d say.

1 Like

Looks like we are from Vault111 (@stalli111) :smiley:
Maybe we can travel the first time with some vehicles (a flying dutchman!!! yeah!)
We have a dog from the start.

KCD has better hair :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

and every thing else, but … hey it´s Fallout!

The downgraded the grafic for the trailer! :stuck_out_tongue:

7mio. people had looked the trailer… impressively

A check for my E3 wishlist!

2 Likes

A few uncompressed screenshots:

A less compressed trailer (truly looks better):
http://www.gamersyde.com/download_fallout_4_trailer-34774_en.html

I have no expectations for this game. I’m sure it will be just as dumbed down as Skyrim. I also kinda felt like i was watching a bio shock trailer. Everything all steam punky.

1 Like

Did you not play F3 or FNV? they all leave me with a steam-punkish taste in my mouth, but that’s why I like about them.

I never really got that feeling from them. The trailer honestly just reminded me of bio shock.

Interesting I have always gotten a bio-shock feel from F3, and steam punk through the whole series.

Yeah the engine looks kinda dated now. It was not that impressive in Skyrim either. Still I see no SSAO there either. Probably they did not figure out the issues that it caused. (at least when enabled via ENB)
Also I hope they improved stability of it as well. It would improve the life of modders a bit. :smile:

But I am very interested how everything else will work out. If it’s gonna be fun, then that is good enough. Can’t wait what they are gonna do with V.A.T.S. this time.

And most importantly. Threee douuug :wink:

Also manslayer has promised to do new GamerPoop for that. :smiley:

1 Like

The old floating dog trick…

I’m with you on this, nothing overly impressive about the visuals for me. Textures and vibrancy look a little off.

Mucho hype will probably lead to a disappointing game… which is unfortunate

No vats please! I hate vats lol. I wonder if there will be iron sights and a hardcore mode?

As long as the iron sights aren’t god awful like they were in New Vegas, and don’t even get me started on the aiming system in Fallout 3. :smile:

I got a mod that added iron sights to 3 and unsurprisingly the mod was far superior to both games aiming systems.

2 Likes

Well after watching the E3 presentation I have to say im super excited.

This game looks like its going to take GOTY.

At first glance it looked like Bethesda were playing it pretty safe. But with the new collecting, crafting, and construction system that’s been spoken about only briefly… I must admit it’s really peaked my interest.

Kinda hyped :smile:

1 Like

Right the whole construction aspect was something I have always wanted especially in fallout. the talked about it like you can make settlements lets hope it pans out.

The seamless character design also has me excited.

The first teaser left me questioning, the E3 reveal left me hyped and hoping they release on time and hopefully not buggy as all hell.

2 Likes

nah that’ll be mgs 5. this game just looks like more of the same from bethesda

Check out the base building gameplay vid if you haven’t

But yea they pretty much state that you’ll be able to build and expand your own settlements…