Fights in beginning impossible?

I just started playing this morning, and I just got to the sacking of the village in the beginning, and I cannot figure out if I’m supposed to be able to beat both the guy that spawns right behind you as you leave from the castle or the rapists trying to get to Theresa. Were any of you able to beat them, or are you just suuposed to run away?

Just run… And on the horse, just ride towards the objective. This is quite scripted mission that won’t really allow you to try things… They even send a patrol after you, which just sticks to you the whole way missing most of the arrows. On my 5th try of trying to fight and do something, i gave up and just ran forward.

1 Like

i ran away I cant kill 3 guys lol

1 Like

Gotcha. I just wanted to know if there were some combat aspects I was missing or misunderstanding. I tried to do everything that the swordsman taught me, but the soldiers just kept skewering me.

1 Like

nah you can do anything you want…

Well you can help Theresa before getting on horse (she might get raped if you don’t, i think the quest to do so describe them as “rapists”). You just attack them once, they focus on you, you get on horse and ride, that’s all you can do here. It would be cool to fight the 1 Cuman who follows you right from the start but he just avoids every hit you do.

2 Likes

If I put a sword in your hand right now, and explained a few basic steps and cuts, and one parry… (in a novel style, in case you fence a little) do you think you’d do well against an experienced club fencer, or a competition finalist?

This is how Henry should feel about his prospects too. “Run!” is exactly what he should do.

3 Likes

That was also my conclusion. But how the heck do I get away from the 3 horse archers, they make a pin cushion of me in seconds!!!

1 Like

We just dealth with this in another topic, please look there for advice.

Link this supposed “dealth” with topic then. I see nothing in search. Or just answer the question

Just ride like hell. Took me two tries to get to Talmberg.

More like 5 for me! But I got there eventually… :slight_smile:

I have tried 9 times yesterday and allways failed. I could only go as far as the second bridge. :sleepy:

I got through that part on my first try. Are you guys double tapping O to gallop?

1 Like

Run from the first guy, smack the rapists ONCE then run like hell. Henry is not a swordsman. He doesn’t yet know how to fight. He (and you) learns in time.

Whistling as if to call your horse also distracts em :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I got on the horse and then went galloped over to the rapists and that distracted them also. Make sure to choose the farthest horse of the 3 there, he is the fastest! Follow the straightest path on the trail, when horse gets fatigued he will quickly get stamina back so you have to be ready to quickly hit the sprint button again.

1 Like

I wanna know why you can’t stab someone or hack at them till THEY decide you are in combat

get a horse and run down all the cumans - use your stab button as you do driveby when cantering or galloping and you should be able to kill them all after a few passes!

You cucks, don’t get Theresa get raped! She’s your future waifu, dorks! You gotta hit those cumans as hard as you can.

Just don’t forget to run afterwards.