Fights in beginning impossible?

Weave. Left and right as you ride away

I can barely still kill one. I’m worried I’ll never get the hang of the combat because if done right it’ll be brilliant.

I’ve trained with Sir Bernard, but one practice isn’t enough. Is there any way to train and train and train. Because I’m just thrashing around atm and hoping for the best.

How does that little green shield work when blocking? And as for stepping aside, I’m too slow. Do you just move with A and D or is there a specific button to dodge?

It doesn’t matter anyway. Regardless if you help her or just grab a horse and flee, the rapes stops and Henry confidently claims, in later conversations, that he rescued her. lol

1 Like

Gerth 6000 the dodgy horse riding controls should allow you to weave left and right ok.

serpentine! serpentine! but seriously, zig zag like a bastard. you run straight you die

you have to move in the direction you want to dodge. and i believe the green shield is the indicator, one of the few in the game, that tells you when to react. if you fast travel long distances you sometimes get an opportunity to stop for bandits. usually 1 or 2 and not very well armed. good practice and easy coin

Ever tried zigzag riding?

I’m super shocked at how bad this game is. I can’t believe it’s been released in it’s current state! The combat is the worst I’ve ever come across in the last 5 years. It’s just so unrealistic… Then you get a mission, “Henry go help Theresa from getting ravish” without any armour or decent weapons and try and fight off 10 guys. Absolutely pathetic! It wouldn’t be so bad if the PC controls were decent and you didn’t have to contend with that crap as well. The horse just spins around walking like a demented crab sideways, getting stuck behind logs and God knows what else. This game is riddled with bugs to the point of it being unplayable. I’m so disgusted, disappointed and mad right now.
I’m just hoping a patch will fix all of these issues. It’s like the game was released without being properly tested. How can they charge full price when the games in such a terrible state? I have a high end gaming PC so the issue is not with me. Besides, I play every decent high end game out there and have never come across these kinds of issues elsewhere!

it sounds like you expected a different type of game…

1. Combat is the most realistic it’s ever been in any medieval game as it’s based on HEMA (historical martial arts)
  2. You are not suppose to be good at start of the game because you are simply the son of a blacksmith

I’ve played for 50+ hours since release… the game is more than playable … I’ve only encounter 2 ‘game breaking bugs’ in my whole playthrough and completed the main story line … the game is HARD, is suppose to be HARD … perhaps this is not the game for you.

3 Likes

at the start to the game you are suppose to just survive … because Henry doesn’t know the first thing about swordfighting

4 Likes

You can save Theresa without killing anybody. Just distract them and she will manage the rest. Getting kind of close to the would be rapists and whistling for your horse works. They turn on you but it’s easy to jump on the horse at that point, hang around long enough tor Theresa to escape and then bolt yourself.

Per beating anybody early, I managed to pick a lock in Tammrest and get some equipment. Maybe not the best but something. After that I managed to beat single looters. I avoid combat with anybody that knows what they are doing.

I managed to kill five of them, after about six tries. But then I had to repeat the mission… That spear guy is totally overpowered, able to inflict huge damage with great speed, and able to perform six-hit combos; even when he’s almost dead!

You were supposed to whistle
simply press X on the keyboard and the goatfuckers will be aggroed
this best done from a moderate distance so you can still mount a horse without taking an arrow in the back

1 Like

I just stealth-killed one of them, myself.

This must be a copy & paste answer because whenever I see someone complain about the state of the game, (and by that, I mean bugs and terrible mechanics) people start harping on about how realist the game is and about what kind of RPG it is, when my issue is about the poorly designed, buggy game and nothing to do with the RPG that it’s meant to be.
I only enjoy playing hard games so you can stop assuming what kind of games I play. I just hate poorly designed, boring, basic bitch games so that’s why the KCD wouldn’t be for me.

What? Aren’t you always pursued by guards who can see through walls, chasing you for crimes you didn’t commit, and not letting you surrender? That’s basically life as usual in NYC.

I killed the guy who spawns behind you which allowed the 5 (who cross inbewteen you and the 3 rapist on teresa) not to notice you, and one of the rapists before running. the archer of the group does not seem to miss

for the most part, all of the combat is all cut and thrust, there are so many forms of combat used at this time, and it is up there with the more realistic but, its still a farcry. SCA member here

I dont know what kind of game you play but this is possible no problem…iam stabing thugs in back or best in sleep :smiley:

I used this point in the game to test some different things, and the conclusion was you cannot win this battle, but you can save Theresa by simply attacking one of her perpetual rapists, and then jumping on that horse and booking it out of there.

The combat in this game takes time to get used to for sure, it is a bit awkward, but once you start leveling and learning new combos it gets much better. For example the Downard slash, stab, stab, combo. I’ve been messing people up with that. Again it is an RPG and it is a pretty long game so try not to give up. Give it time to open up.

Also if you have the PC version it really helps to get some mods. Unlimited saving, bow mods, stamina visual mod, etc…