Fights in beginning impossible?

3 hits and your stamina gets empty…the combos are almost imposible due to when you press the LC the sword is in another position…tho, all the enemies I’ve found they can counter my attacks and surprise, i’ve been training with Bernard almost every day…even a bandit with bare hands counters my attacks…
what this tells me…to stop using weapons and run. Fun game…

That’s also were you are wrong … perhaps you had a very bad experience… as I said… I’ve barely had any issues or bugs … if you compare it to … let’s say … any Elder Scrolls game, Gothic 3 - 4 … Risen … etc… it’s up to their standards, it has no more ‘bugs’ that those games and those are AAA games with 10 times more budget … the game design is fairly different from a lot of games but it has many familiar things (I would say that it tries to get the best of every world) … i think you just don’t like it …

2 Likes

and I only said the game was realistic because you said it wasn’t … which it is… but to see that you have to ignore fantasy games and Hollywood movies and read about how it really was back then…

1 Like

You can beat them if you know how combat workes. Sure it’s not easy.

Just saying the luck of the earth lies on the back of the horses. :wink:

2 Likes

it is possible to beat them, i was able to kill the first chaser behind you and 2 of the rapists many times. you need to prioritize the bowman

1 Like

i killed them all
i just wish i could kill the ones after the cut scene where you get shot in the leg

I also kill them all 12 in total, just keep using the horse and attacking each one in the end the last remaining should be the spear guy, so just run away get some distance from him and loot the armor on those that you killed, equipped that armor and kill the last spear guy on foot. Took me 4 hours to figure it out but I did get awesome loot.

i just realized this was a big waste of time. couldn’t even loot everything because you’ll get over encumbered. i sold kcd the other day .

The game works just fine… you just expected a game where you are combat veteran from the get go like COD or something. This is an RPG with a steep learning curve. The game is definetly NOT broken, in fact its one of the best games i played in years…
And yes you might have a high end game rig , but that does not promote you to a game god who gets to end game with a click of the mouse and a stroke of the strafe button.
Take your time to feel the game and learn it, and you will find yourself apreciating it through time.

2 Likes

To bad people buy a game dont like it and then rip on it because they fail to understand the meaning of the word realism… a few hours into the game you get a horse with saddles you can stuff.
To bad you let go , this game is bad ass.

2 Likes

This game is one of the most frustrating I have ever played. The start is horrendous.
To summarise: Run away from the guy whos chasing you, dont try to fight him & hide, he will kill you even then.
You can whistle near the horse to distract the rapisits, or mount it, draw your sword & whack one on the back of the head then ride for it.
The Ride…omg I died so many times on this. You need to GALLOP. Read the Hose instruction manual bit closely, it will tell you to press your “Horse run” key TWICE. If you dont…you will get shot by the 3 Hose Archers chasing you, or you will bleed to death from the arrow you get in the leg in the cinematic. Dont stray off the road either.

KC:D = NINJA BASTARD MOTHERFUCKING HARD.

1 Like

It’s Not hard to escape Riding…you Just gotta be able to read. Tried the Fight a few Times, But you can’t win it - actually kinda realistic because its a Trained soldier against a blacksmith’s so’n who only held a sword a few times.

To be honest that plot didn’t go anywhere which is pretty disappointing…

i actually liked the game. i just get addicted to great rpgs easily that i tend to spend more time accomplishing things in game than in the real world, you know. not ripping the game. if i had total self control and knew how to limit my time gaming i wouldn’t have sold it. peace.

I had the same problem buying a game which only tries to make me a bad day, use a trainer. yeah trainers sux but buyng a game where some developer has some ‘briliant idea’ on how to spoil the buyers fun.\

Just another example of a game to PIRATE the game FIRST before buying and get frustrated!

I would think that they would go “easy” on henry at the beginning of the game. You are right, he has no armor, can’t fight worth a crap. So far, it was a waste of 60 bucks!! I’m sure the game makers don’t give a crap because the realism is the draw in and when people pay all that money for the game, it is already in their bank accounts. Yea, the game is hard and I don’t have the time to invest 50 hours just to get him away from those guards. People will lose interest in it right away and i’m sure more people like me will write bad reviews of the game.

1 Like

So because you’re too lazy to put a little time into the game to learn it, you’re going to give it a negative review?

2 Likes

I beat the first guy and looted his body (don’t forget to grab the sword on the ground). ate and saved then beat down the first archer i saw and looted him, didn’t have to pick up his weapons from the ground for whatever reason… after that I was being swarmed so I ran to the horse, saved theresa with a charge and then got the hell out of there. Pretty good start, but I am over encumbered with all this junk I can’t really use.

The trick to combat is looking at the ground and using sprint to disengage the target lock, then chop down with left clicks, 5-6 hits will kills someone if you can land them somewhat in a row… remember they recover stamina too

Wow how the hell did you defeat that first guy? Ive tried so many times & failed.

Because a lot of gamers want to live a power fantasy! I was as frustrated as you (I figured out Kingdom come (Wall of Text))

KDC is a Game about learning for the player and the character. The Quest with the name “run” is exactly that. They show you that you are not in a Powerfantasy. You are a blacksmiths son and you are a waste of space at the beginning but you can carve your own path in the world and THAT is the point of the game. Well at least for me

2 Likes