FPS drop after latest patch?

I have sent an email to support with this, but I am wondering if I am alone in this issue. After the most recent patch, I have been getting awful FPS. Before, I could play the game on high to very high settings and achieve about 30-50 frames all the time. After the most recent patch, this has dropped to around 10-25 frames, even on low settings. Graphics drivers are up to date. Any ideas as to how to fix this? Anybody else having a problem similar?
Specs: i7 6700k 8 core
GTX 1070
16gb RAM

Everyone is having problems even on high end systems bad performance.

The game only detects half your available system resources feom what I gathered from logs in my games directory.

I have a Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 with 8GB memory and it only detects half.

Game just isn’t optimized very well.

Ah. Were you good or at least better before the last patch?

Honestly I haven’t noticed a difference I still get micro studders, low fps, texture pop ins, and graphical glitches.

I have never maintained 30fps on average on v.high or even high settings. Usually when I gwt onto Rattay my performance takes a hit and during some of the large battles my performance takes a hit.

I wad told I should run this game on ultra no problems, but it runs like poop in all honestly.

Same my dude. Hit up this thread if you figure out some kinda work around. I’ll do the same.

I’m pretty sure the game isn’t optimized properly.

I remember when The Witcher 1 came out and it looked beautiful but ran so bad even on good systems. It took a few patches but they optimized it and I remember my load times and frames getting much better.

Hope same goes for KCD.

I have a similar rig as you except not as good and i’m running 1440p with a mix of very high, and high settings at 60fps with vsync off, and it is on the latest version.

I’ve just capped my FPS at 30 until Warhorse finishing fixing the game. My FPS was ranging between 40 and 120, with frequent jumps in the 50-70 range. Now it’s a very steady 31.

Any news on that topic? I got the same problem. The Game is unplayable for me since the last two patches.
now i got 20 fps and lower (witch a GTX 1060) and i was at stable 40-50 fps before the patches.

1 Like

Hi, I have similar issues after the patch. Yesterday I decided to uninstall and after that remove the left over folder and files. I moved my save folder and deleted everything else. After that i reinstalled. Without changing any setting the game runs at 60 fps on the default medium settings.

All is good untill a battle starts. Massive frame drops for about 4 seconds!

My rig:
AMD 8350
16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaw X DDR3 1600Mhz
Samsung evo ssd’s (game had dedicated ssd)
Nvidea gtx 1060 6GB

GPU avarage on 68% @50 degrees celcius
CPU all 8 cores are used @80%

Any other game runs perfecty. KCD is not using all memory from the graphics card and RAM

Update: with vanilla settings and changing the FPS in the graphics settings menu to 30 FPS, no more frame droppes. Clearly there is an issue in handling FPS. This is for me only a workaround so I can play the game.

Hope this helps people for now. Please FIX!

Make sure you have your refresh rate setup correctly for your monitor. They added in a 30-60 option and it can kill your FPS.

Hi Mattp598!
Thanks for thinking along. Refresh is set by default to 60 Hertz.
I did however fix my issue with this post:

and these settings:
https://pastebin.com/ZTJux4gJ

Regards,
Yurian

1 Like

Awesome! Glad you got it fixed!

For those who have stuttering, freeze, low fps, or want better perf and amazing graphism, i suggest to try this PC mod :