FPS Improvements for hi-end hardware

Hi everyone,

Yesterday i tried some new config posted on Nexus and results are incredible on my rig (SSD Drive - i7-3770 - 16 Go RAM - GTX 1080 Ti 11G). Here is the link to the mod : https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/225

I choose to only keep in my user.cfg file what I undertood and now I’m experiencing a much more smoother gameplay, even in Rattay. Here is my conf (All maxed out to Ultra in parameters, LOD sliders maxed out too, only shadows are set down to ‘High’) :slight_smile:

As always, just create a new file called user.cfg in your base game directory, then set Steam launch option to

+exec user.cfg

================================================================================

– CPU Based on a 3770k

sys_job_system_max_worker = 8 – Sets the number of threads to use for the job system
sys_main_CPU = 1 – Specifies the physical CPU index main will run on
sys_physics_CPU = 2 – Specifies the physical CPU index physics will run on
sys_streaming_CPU = 3 – Specifies the physical CPU file IO thread run on
e_ParticlesThread = 4 – Enable particle threading
ca_thread0Affinity = 5 – Affinity of first Animation Thread.
ca_thread1Affinity = 6 – Affinity of first Animation Thread.
r_WaterUpdateThread = 7 – Enables water updating on separate thread (when MT supported).
e_StatObjMergeUseThread = 8 – Use a thread to perform sub-objects meshes merging

– SSD and RAM

r_TexturesStreamingMaxRequestedMB = 500 – Disk Read Speed
sys_budget_sysmem = 16384 – 16 GB Ram
sys_budget_videomem = 11330 – VRAM NV 1080Ti 11G
r_TexturesStreamPoolSize = 4096
r_TexturesStreamingResidencyTime = 120
r_texturesstreamingDeferred = 1
r_TexturesStreamingResidencyEnabled = 1
r_TexturesStreamingMipBias = -1
r_TexturesStreamingResidencyThrottle = 0.8
e_PreloadMaterials = 1
sys_PakStreamCache = 1
sys_preload = 1

– CryEngine tweaks

r_Sharpening = 0.8

================================================================================

If this helps you, don’t forget to go on Nexus to thank this guy :wink:

2 Likes

Nice, thank you as well. I’ve got a 3770k also. Ecxited to give it a try this evening. I will report :wink:
Problem are my GPUs… I use 2x GTX660 TI OC with 2GB VRAM… I guess this is the main bottleneck of my system -.-
Reading Speed = 3000…seriously?! Seems a bit high to me…

Oh yeah I forgot to precise I’m using a SSD Drive, I’ll edit my main post.

You should try only the “– CPU Based on a 3770k” part to begin with :slight_smile:

One thing I found to help FPS was doing the following:

Let’s set the heapsize RAM limit for the game via the launch options in Steam.

Right-click on Kingdom Come: Deliverance in your own Steam library and click on Set Launch Options
Insert your heapsize of choice based on the amount of RAM you want to use.
4 GB: -heapsize 524288
8 GB: -heapsize 1048576
12 GB: -heapsize 1572864
16 GB: -heapsize 2097152
24 GB: -heapsize 3145728
32 GB: -heapsize 4194304

-heapsize has nothing to do with the engine KCD uses its for Valves own Source Engine.

Believe what you want it helped stable my FPS.

@Istoppucks
see: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?s=f47461810e483a45d8c98b591c3950ce&ref=1040-JWMT-2947

note:
“These launch options apply to Goldsrc and Source engine games only. They do not apply to most third party games.
Please refer to this list of Valve titles for titles that support these launch options”

note the list of games supporting the commands:
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998&developer=Valve

2 Likes

I’m personally using this one.

I don’t dip below 30-35fps now. Still not the greatest performance, but until the game gets optimized by the devs its all we got.

If it doesn’t do anything and multiple sites direct people to change it and there FPS improves why does it matter if people change it even if it “doesn’t do anything”.

There are three sites with the suggestion. Like you said “it doesn’t do anything” but it helped my FPS by making the change. Probably was something else I changed but I’m leaving it as is now.

Thank you sir, look forward to trying some of these out

you clearly don’t know any journalist, and like many they will recycle the same old crap into their articles.

Well first jounalism is dead and second not really sure why you are throwing such a fit about something that apparently doesn’t do anything.

If people want to make the changes in those article including the one you are so upset about who cares. If it helps their FPS that’s a good thing.

I am not “throwing such a fit” I am merely pointing out something that is akin to snake-oil that dose nothing, because its for a different game engine and has been peddled so many times over the years as a fix for games it has NEVER worked with.

That’s why I posted the contributing articles so people can apply other fixes that might help.

even for a SSD 3000 is way too much imo… ~ 500MB/s should be realistic depending on your SSD

You are right, thank you very much for the tip. I have a samsung 850 EVO and it has a max read speed of 540 MB/s, I’ll reduce this value to 500 Mb tonight (I’ll also edit main post) : http://www.storagereview.com/samsung_ssd_850_evo_ssd_review

1 Like

You’re welcome :wink:
lol…got a 850 evo too…did we bought the same rig back then??

Yeah maybe ^^. Only our GPUs seems differents, I’ve just replaced my old GTX 980 by a new GTX 1080 Ti a couple of month ago, I’m really happy with it :smile:

RAM = Corsair Vengeance ???
(that would be hilarious :smiley: )

Hahaha, yes, Corsair Vengeance too :smile:

1 Like