From the Ashes bugs so far (spoilers)

1 ) Securing stone: during the first conversation, there is a possibility of getting a discount, but when the player doesn’t have enough money and comes back later, the discount option is gone.

2 ) All the charcoal places apart from Ginger’s friends have the same price and after speaking to the first ones, all the others react as if the player saw them already, which makes me think this is a bug.

3 ) The trader in the stables named “Villager” doesn’t have any sound (but the dialogue works normally).

4 ) The locator/guard shout at Henry when he is putting money in the trunk.

5 ) I’ve been told off for not having a torch while inside the tent of the temporary rathaus.

6 ) There’s an ugly spelling mistake in the Pribyslavitz Boar effect: It should be “Your hands”.

7 ) Not sure if it’s a bug as such, but “Rattled” can’t be triggered if All that Glisters is already finished, meaning that it becomes impossible to get an armourer for the village.

8 ) I’ve also experienced two driver crashes in Pribyslavitz that I never got before From the Ashes.

Other than that, amazing stuff. Drying food in the bakery is such a nice touch (one of many).

1 Like

1, it could be true. Wasn’t it 3k, then I came was 4k?
4, funny, like I’m stealing
8, when?

8 - random. Once when exiting inventory, can’t remember much about the first one, but it’s not linked to any specific cutscene.

I was wondering since my memory went to 90% usage which never happens. My recording program corrupted my recordings and stopped working properly, suddenly limiting my options. It all rolled after 2 hours into DLC and when I have built huge portion of Pribyslavitz. I was thinking game is heavy on system. Game didn’t crash, but I had to restart cause I had 1 FPS.

(4) wonder if this isn’t just a function of the NPC collision mechanic
(8) experienced 1 fatal CE crash (PS4) during Supplies
(9) Marius the Locator refuses to work 5-6am because of darkness even though it’s light outside
(10) the slider is ridiculously slow if you have 1-2M and try to move ~300000 into the chest
(11) popins are really pronounced now

Ticket sending Party time?

BUG: Zach and Ota still hate each other which means that I am unable to recruit a master armorer for the village. The bug is related to a previous quest that deals with the two of them and copper.

1 Like

That’s number 7 on my list. :wink:

There is a cuman in underwear infront of my town, he stands on the bridge.

First he stood on my judgement place. When I killed him, people were scared and ran, I got a bounty on my head.
When I reloaded he just stands on the bridge.

When interacting, the camera shows what I think is the shed from the miller, where the one cuman was captured.
btw. I couldn’t interact with him, when I had the quest to bring him to rattay, or find his treasure, so I killed him.
But it seems he is back O.O

9, true. I waited just enough to be visible and bugger is complaining.
I also had Cuman sitting where lower camp was. As I built new structures I do not see him.

Ridiculous

Btw, as bailiff, can you jail anyone? If so, where? If a bandit surrenders in your forest, can you tie them up and take them in (since your bailiff)? Is nobody deserving of the pillory (because Henry is enlightened)? Do the goings on of the first five years of the hamlet’s re-founding not warrant recording by a scribe? Or, is that Marius’s job? If so, where’s the record?

1 Like

I don’t think so, at least I never had a chance to put someone in jail, I only had the opportunity to ban people.

Sorry, my english is not the best, I don’t understand your question regarding the five years.
Do you mean if there is a count of days and years that have past?

Henry is in charge for 5 yrs. The role of the scribe is to keep the official town records on behalf of the bailiff. Think of Rattay and the book in the Rathaus that recorded crimes and punishments (you read it to help out the executioner). I haven’t seen the Locator keep a similar book, and am assuming he serves that role. If he doesn’t, that role is neglected in Henry’s hamlet… unless Henry is doing that but then Henry doesn’t even have a desk as a bailiff-scribe

aahhh, I see. No me neither.
I also can’t ask him such things regarding the townsfolk, only about building.

(12) one time in combat arena, after piling up damage on opponent, he stopped attacking. Just held his weapon up in fight position. Didn’t surrender until I piled on abuse

(13) I can’t buy anything from the Stables besides Horses. The unnamed Amourssmith also sells nothing.

I also got the “Rattled” Bug. Why can’t I start this Quest outside the Main Quest? :confused:

[PC] I’m unable to start the From The Ashes DLC. After buying & installing, I’ve seen the message (informing me to go to Talmberg & sir Divish). I went there and had a “normal” chat with him. However, the actual DLC storyline has not started. I have no new quests in my journal, Prybyslavitz is empty and there are no bandits nor locators there.

Is Runt dealt with?

I would ask, do you have any mods installed? It’s better to uninstall them (and possibly also do a clean install of the game). I’ve now tried From the Ashes from several save files after the battle of Pribyslavitz in different playlines and things work perfectly fine for me.

(14) Zach had a grinding stone in Sasau. Chose armorsmith and Zach as my guy, and … no grinding stone. Also, seems he no longer requires his hearth.

I could deal with that if soldiers had a grinding stone somewhere on the grounds of the guardhouse to sharpen their weapons, but no. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Btw, I’m the bailiff. Why are the armory chests very hard locked to me? I want to frickin upgrade their supply to Magdeburg longswords, ceremonial maces, etc

1 Like