From the Ashes bugs so far (spoilers)

what?! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::-1: DUMB!
NEED A PATCH FOR THE DLC TO FIX THINGS!

Earlier playthrough… I noticed nobody (artisan/apprentice) used the armor stations as is done in Rattay armorsmith and Master Ota’s shop. So, it’s dead space as Zach is stuck inside

Re 14, I totally agree that the lack of a grindstone is a big problem.

I’m starting it after the battle for Pribislavitz, so it should work. No mods installed.

That’s really weird. Does the map show a quest giver star on Divish?

Well, it doesn’t, as there is no such mission in journal.

Okay, fair enough. But I meant the star that shows up before a quest is started - they show up on the map marking potential quest givers. But if there is no such star on Divish after installing the DLC, then it sounds like a bug. One thing I would try is uninstalling the DLC, loading the game, reinstalling it and loading it again to see if it makes any difference.

There were no such star even before. I’ll try a number of combinations, including the one you mentioned. Thanks.

After reinstalling the entire game and getting back to previous savegame I’m able to play the DLC. That might help if somebody else had the same issue.

2 Likes

Slightly more ridiculous is that when yo’re Bailiff, if you kill someone in front of the guards at Pribyslavitz, you get taken to jail…in Sassau!

2 Likes

Another possible bug - when you’ve built the brewery in the tavern, it says you get a tankard of the locally-brewed beer in a chest there.

But I can find no chest that you can access without lock picking, and upon lock picking, they’re either empty or contain standard tavern items.

So no local beer that I’ve found.

It´s not in a chest, check the pot of the brewery.

(15) I don’t think the municipal scales should hang from the sky:

(16) After finishing Pribyslavitz and inviting Divish, Marius remains frozen to the spot. You can talk to him, but when you choose the build option, he says let’s go to the site but doesn’t move and any subsequent conversation with him is the standard How’s Pribyslavitz doing/Let’s build. I’ve tried waiting, sleeping, travelling away and back, but nothing helps. I subsequently solved this bug by reloading an earlier save and inviting Divish again, this time Marius didn’t get stuck and walked to his desk successfully after the cutscene. By the way, my Monastery overseer has been stuck for months in his pyjamas standing next to his bed - this seems like exactly the same bug. It’s something that’s rare but when it happens, it never fixes itself - there should be some sort of mechanism to get them unstuck if this ever happens.

(17) Medium rathaus: there is an ink vial floating in the air:

(I also think it’s a bit of an oversight that the medium rathaus doesn’t have a water trough.)

(18) The extended rathaus alchemy bench has a piece of honey floating in the air:

(19) The extended rathaus has a chicken living under the floor - some of the top feathers pop through the floor occasionally.

2 Likes

If you bring a NPC to Pribyslavitz - such as Kunesh - he will add more groschen to the village. If he is killed due some reason, he wont stop produce those groschen.

That’s a good point (but I’ll have to take your word for it - “due to some reason” has an ominous sound to it. :wink: ) Let’s call that number (20).

1 Like

Drat. I declined to take him after offering it to him due to suspecting he’d be a negative.

There are no negative NPCs. Even Matthew and Fritz can be taught some manners.

My stable saddle maker is mute too. I wish we can exchange him.

2 Likes

I didn’t realise this. Oh well! I can’t even talk to him again and apologise or ask him to come along. Only pickpocket option.

None of them make you that big a profit anyway, so it doesn’t really matter that much. :wink: I use my current playline as practice for when I get to Pribyslavitz in my hardcore playline - I’m scouting the options so I then know what choices I want to make. :wink: