From the Ashes bugs so far (spoilers)

what do Vashek and Mark do in the stables? what’s their animation?

They’re the groom - Mark walks around doing things - indoors and outside. He’s the one who also sells horses - the villager making saddles only sells horse accessories.

ok, cannot a groom work with saddles? to me a head groom or stable master in a smallish town like Pribyslavitz should be able to handle all the essential equine-relate tasks

don’t get me wrong. the saddler animation and vending is fine. just think it’s a bit overdone or disproportionate given that there doesn’t appear to be a capt of the guard or quartermaster to manage the armory

I know real people who keep and train horses and they know nothing about saddle-making. I think having a separate NPC for actually making the saddles (or the animation of it) is a nice bit of realism.

in my brief playthrough with stables, i didn’t notice a unique saddle. did i miss something.

yeah, it’s a bit of realism that i haven’t seen at the other stables. it’s the reverse of the grindstone (game has grindstone at Merhojed camp but not a guardhouse)

There is no unique saddle. Just horse helmets.

the horse helmets aren’t saddles. so is it realism for a saddler to make (metal) chamfron and criniere?

those same helmets are also for sale by the armorsmith

There’s an extra helmet that the armourer doesn’t sell. And the stables do sell saddles, just not unique ones. The saddler is seen working with leather, which could be used both for saddles and for horse helmets.

which one, do you remember? didn’t see one i like more that the one with ear protectors

The metal one that’s a little more round than the long one with sharp edges. I haven’t experimented with them properly just yet so I’m not sure which one is better - my steed is still wearing the nest armour.

can you explain what you hope to get better at? just curious.

i did some loot farming of battle spawn points to accumulate enough groschen for Pribyslavitz

I think I’ll choose the guard house over the stables next time, but I’m happy with the bakery. I also know how much money I need before starting the DLC to make it just the right amount of fun and still challenging enough.

i’m crazy about riding around and shooting up bad guys on horseback until the odds are even and then i get down and fight. anyhow, the stables didn’t offer me anything i didn’t have or want with Jenda and the other vendors. the metal chamfron and criniere is available at the armorsmith. didn’t see a saddle better or more interesting than the noble saddle. etc. because of this, i restarted my build and chose the guardhouse

the combat arena is great. the only thing it lacks is the ability to fight against 2 opponents at once. the archery range is fine. like the extra soldiers. only 2 things i didn’t like: (1) there’s no captain of the guard or quartermaster to mind over the armory and the fellas, and (2) there’s no grindstone

add some tasks/activities via interaction with capt of the guard (or quartermaster) and i’m in KCD bliss

1 Like

Basic forge trader sells the same horse armor as saddler.

All but one type.

The best type.

Marius won’t speak to me at the start of the quest ‘Night raid’ so I reloaded an earlier save before we besieged the fort and Talmberg was taken but he still won’t speak to me. Anyone have any advice. I’ll on Xbox btw which already makes it a lot more buggy but I still want to play the dlc.

Do you mean that he won’t speak to you for the first time or had you already rescued him and started rebuilding when the bug happened?

It’s okay now someone gave me some tips and I got the DLC working again but thanks anyways.

And a new troll replacement enters to replace the troll that shall not be named.