Future Warhorse project

Hello, i think Warhorse Studios gained some good bedrock as a studio. Since that is a case, im pretty sure that Kingdom Come: Deliverance will not be only title released. KC:D is just 4 days before its release (cant wait , i pray my potato can run it at least on low) and i was thinking about what will come next.

My idea of a next game:

Kingdom Come : Sovereignty

Year : Sometime around 870 , or second half of 9th century
Place: Great Moravia (today: Czech Republic and Slovakia)
Story: Story of Duke s Svätopluk s rise to power , struggle against Franks, Bavarians and Magyars and his grand expansion to surrounding lands
Main character: I was thinking a Byzantine Soldier from Balkans who came with Cyril and Methodius and found himself spending a little more time in Great Moravia , exploring it and living there… (not sure about this one though)

Of course the setting would be quite different from KC:D , you could find Pagan camps in forests , there would be less villages, instead of grand cities of stone , there would be hillforts , there would not be such amazing armor like full plate or chainmail , and im sure not everyone would like it. But i just found this to be an interesting choice for the future.

3 Likes

They plans to make a sequel for KC:D, if auditory will accept KC:D after release. From words in one of interviews by Martin. But, yeah, they might try your idea in some next game.

Well im pretty sure there is a lot of reasons for KC:D sequel , as legendary Hussite Wars are literally around corner from events of KC:D

2 Likes

Yeah, but still, it depends on budget and acceptance. People just need to understand the game. I’ve already helped a few decade of people to buy the game and understand what it’s. :grinning:

Yup , but look were KC:D managed to end up just from kickstarter , i supported it ever since it left kickstarter and i have no regrets :stuck_out_tongue: im pretty sure funding isnt that much of a issue like it was at the start

Why the name KC ? You do knwo Kingdom Come Deliverance is a biblical quote, actually its Adveniat Regnum Tuum Salvatio, but the idea seems fun, you do know we have a thread for game ideas :slight_smile: ?
Warhorse Studios Makes A New Game: What would you want it to be?

They need a very big budget to make everything they want to. Even with such a budget till this year they haven’t added everything they wanted to. But, they made great progress and team of WH are masters. :grinning:

Of course you need budget for everything , but now they have something , before they had nothing :stuck_out_tongue:

I actually didnt know about it begin quite from Bible , i just thought it would fit as it would be a similar game. And i didnt know there was a thread already. It didnt pop up when i was creating this one , whoops

Aeternal damnation for this foeum !
Witchcraft !!!
Its funny when you play a game based on witchhunting (We will have witchhunting here as well!) even if games would be characterized as Witchcraft

I was gonna suggest that Kingdom Come : Sovereignty could be set in brexit era Britain :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: /s

Anyway - seems like somewhat of an interesting idea. It could be pretty cool to see the perspective of an Invader rather than a defender. The actions your forces commit for “entertainment” etc.

Idk how much a soldier that came to protect two priests spreading literacy would be an invader…?

Well I mean your spreading your belief system which could be viewed as Invading.

Actually , Byzantines, Cyril and Methodius were invited by Svätopluk s uncle (from whom he usurped throne) and he later exiled them . But yeah , begin under Svätopluk s reign as foreigner , you wouldnt be considered a friend . But at the end , Svätopluk was much respected by Byzantines. The twist of you actually joining Svätopluk would be fine i think

1 Like

Yes but, Cyril and Methodius are friends tho arent they ? Unless you are an enemy of virtues as Socrates said.
Yes but spreading faith in a country ran by Christians (on their invite) isnt quite invading.
Is however like a sequal to be set in a mesieval city as well like Prague or Frankfurt.

Cyril and Methodius were brothers actually . They were called Solun Brothers (today Thessaloniki) and were half Greek , half Slavic. Rastislav (Svätopluk s uncle) invited them to spread Orthodoxy because Great Moravia was highly influenced by Frankish missionaries who used Latin . Svätopluk got helped by Franks to usurp throne so he had to exile them on their command. But when they imprisoned him to gain control over Great Moravia, people unrested against Franks so they had to release him . Because of that , Svätopluk turned against Franks , defeating then again and again , expanding territory to Vojvodina (Serbia) near Brandenburg (Germany) Krakow (Poland) and Silesia (Poland). During his reign , he was called Rex (King) by Pope and he got recognized as sovereign ruler by Pope , and when pope says youre independent, youre independent.

hussite wars good enough. continuation of henry’s journey. no need for random jumps in history or locale.

2 Likes

NO!!!
After act 3 of KCD we NEED VIKINGS!!!
REAL ONES!!!

1 Like

If i recall correctly , they scrapped “act” thing , KC:D will be one solid game . Also , i find vikings way too overused. Oh yeah , raiding, long beards, long ships, long axes and stuff. everybody knows that . Not that i wouldnt like a Viking age game made by Warhorse Studios , but i would rather see new setting , not one used countless times before.

3 Likes

A realistic viking setting game has NOT been used yet. I haven’t played a good viking game yet. If you know of one thats first person and not clunky, direct me to there. (Mound and blade does not count.)
Yea its gonna be either called act 2 or KCD2 this time. the first 2 acts are already in KCD.

1 Like