Game Crash on Load

Why does the gsme keep crashing when I try to load a saved game?
What is causing this.
This will be a massive bug bear if I have to keep on going back to the beginning. I will never advance in this game.
I know this is Beta, but this is an important issue.

тоже самое и у меня выкидывает при загрузке

theyre working on that…

Hi there,
It is true that load/save feature is broken right now. But it has high priority on the fixing list.
Still its hard to say when or if it will be fixed in Beta.

This is a big show stopper for me. How the hell can they let this go forward without fixing this bug. I can understand the buggy game play, but NOT BEING ABLE TO LOAD A SAVED GAME IS UTTER BULL. I understand this is Beta, but some bugs should be fixed. It is rubbish to have to keep going back to the beginning due to games not loading. I actually feel cheated and want my money back

Even your page for getting help stinks. This should net even be anywhere near Beta, this is early alpha. How do I get my money back from this really bad game. For the standard of beta games, look at Armoured Warfare Beta, or even Star Citizen Alpha, they rock all over this cheap version.

I am sorry you feel disapointed and cheated.
To refund the game please contact: info@warhorsestudios.cz

But I agree, in its quality and time of release before the final release of the game it is more of an alpha than beta.

I can offer my 2 cents. I am clearly stating it’s just my wild theory, I have no inside information from WH, I am just writting from a position of senior programmer. I have my own theory and I think it is a good one, so I will share it with you.

Implementing “classic” load/save mechanism is not so hard, you just have to freeze a game, take a snapshot of all internal objects in the game and serialize it to disk. If WH programmers admit they have problems with it, it simply means they cannot take a snapshot of anything in the game, or they are not able to restore it fully from the saved data. And I can imagine only one thing which is quite complex to resist to take snaphot or to restore - and it is internal AI of NPC chars.

And “we don’t know if we fix it in Beta” simply means WH found the Beta implementation is going to a dead end and they are going to implement save/load in final version in some different way, and it is not feasible to port this change into the beta branch.

Again, this is purely my wild shot, but I think it’s pretty plausible. I’d wonder if someone from WH would confirm it or not… I suppose I won’t get any answer for it :slight_smile: But the history will judge us.

4 Likes

To charge the amount of money for such a badly implemented system is a rip off. There are enough Alphas out there that walk all over this attempt.

“Working on it” does not cut it for such a fundamental part of the game. It should have been a priority straight away, and to see that others have this problem and have reported it, yet it still is not fixed tells me a lot about the developers. I have actually lost my trust in them and wish a refund.

Thats correct.

As I see it, we are charging for the finished game. The access to beta is just a bonus.

As to the refund, @DrFusselpulli will surely help you.

2 Likes

I am already in contact with him :slight_smile:

are you really using Star citizen as a comparison, a game that shows no sign of coming out of Alpha, after 3 years? we all know there will be issues with Alpha/Beta versions of games, thats why we help find them and then the team can work to fix them, this game show more promise than most AAA games from the billion dollar companies so to call it cheap is pretty disrespectful, im sure plenty other people are having the same issue, (myself included) but you dont see me criticizing the Dev team for issues, i am happy to wait till they are fixed and then carry on playing. i payed for the full version of the game, as did everyone that has backed it so far, getting to play the game in Alpha/beta form as it progresses is a bonus for me, dont like it, dont back something then complain.

2 Likes

Give them a break, they have done a great job. I was fully aware that it is a alpha/beta when I bought it. I rather wait a bit longer for a good game then half done work, filled with annoying bugs. And as for SC, I was on that from start and they only making money on people buying ships for several thousands of dollars. I have high hopes on this game, and faith in the guys making it. I remember when CD Projekt started out with $2000 and created The Witcher, today one of the best game series ever released. I really hope you guys keep up the good work and get a good working product. Keep it simple from start, and just focus on the basics, and add on more advanced stuff later on instead of making a huge mistake like N-Space with SCL (Sword Coast Legends), and promising a lot of features, they went bankruptcy after 22 years of making games.

Eh…so I’ve tried to “continue” my save game multiple times. Each time, after about 2 minutes, the game crashes to desktop. Are you guys really saying this is a known issue? And there is no fix?

Yes it is a known issue.
As for the fix, things are bit complicated. The save/load system is being completely reworked, which means it is not done yet and sadly will not be done at least until we get some optimization done.

Okay, thank you for the response. Part of me wants to go on a tirade like our friend gravelbelly1, but I won’t. It’s only because I’m so excited for this game. The beta gave me a small taste of what’s to come and I can definitely appreciate the complexity of a game like this. Good luck, and can’t wait to play more.

oh, yea I understand the frustration.
If I wasnt working at WH, I would be frustrated out of my skin. :smiley:

1 Like

Still no save feature that works?

DxDiag.txt (71.5 KB)

No, sorry, the Load/Save feature is still a temporary Solution till release.