Game Crash on Load

From what I’ve noticed (just got the Beta Access yesterday or so) is that if you save maually and load that save maually it’ll load up fine.

Give it a few more days they will corrupt eventually.

I have over 20hrs in the Beta, no save file lasts.

Agreed: a beta is buggy, and development needs to be focused on the final game.
But a beta is mainly there to collect bug reports from many beta testers, thus supporting WH’s quality control at near zero cost for WH. Now how shall bugs be spotted in advanced levels of the play when from a certain point on every attempt to save / load crashes the game ???
Stating that a beta tester needs to start a new game in these cases, thus wiping out all game progress gained so far, is surely preventing all dedicated positive-thinking beta test contributors to detect and report any bugs at advanced levels of the play because even the most loyal beta tester will be annoyed by being forced to spend hours for re-achieving game progress over and over again. Hence, just promising a save/load fix only in the final game is totally counterproductive for WH ! Plz re-think about this decision, and bring up a patch for the beta - otherwise your quality costs are likely to explode after release of the final, because your faithful beta testers could not analyze and report bugs beforehand beyond a certain game level due to this maddening save/load problem. It’s a well-known fact of development work that fixing bugs detected in early phases is a significant money saver.

So WH: stand by your loyal beta testers by giving them a chance to test out more advanced game states without forcing them to repeatedly start all over again and again from square 1. It’s in your best interest to release a patch for the save/load problem in the beta.

3 Likes

Well, in fact the community is not there to be cheap beta testers, but to give out opinions. The community is not here to report bugs, we have our own beta testers, and they play Kingdom Come Deliverance over and over and over again.
Yes, bugs were reported by the community, and it was helpful, but even more important was feedback how you like the game, and what you dislike about it. For example we are working a lot on animation and facial animation lately, because many people said it was not weel done, or voiceovers.
Now we will have polearms, because the community wanted to have them. The Beta is here to show the game to the community, to show our idea what Kingdom Come Deliverance will be about and it is also a thank you to the supporters, to give them something valuable, something more then just nice words, before the release of the game. Thats the main purpose and that works quite well.
Finding bugs is more or less a postive by product, but it was never the main purpose. Our own testers are able to find bugs, but they are not able to give a valuable opinion about what the community thinks about the game.

1 Like

We are being charged for the finalized game. What we have now is an early look at what is in the works and the chance to let WH know what we like and what we dislike! Neither Alpha or Beta games are perfect which I’m sure you already know which ever game that may be!
Simple solution don’t buy unfinished games in future as it looks as if they don’t live up to your overall expectations!

There’s an interesting hint from “Longman” - see Workarround for Savegame-Bug. (worked for me) . It fixed my frequent save / load crashes too. Cheers - Rob

1 Like