Workarround for Savegame-Bug. (worked for me)

Hi folks,
I have been playing beta for some weeks now and had much trouble with the save-game-bug. But now it magically happened, that no matter how much i save i am able to load my savegames without any trouble.

What have I done? After the incident at the windmill and the talk to those 4 guys I ended this without trouble and fights. As I left I waited a while a noteced the leader of the group was heading to talmberg. I killed him on the way without wittness. After that the game was okay. not a single CTD or Savegame-Bug anymore.

The reason I did that was because these guys usualy start walking arround and kill some soldiers at the camp or the castle leading to that important npc’s are missing.

Maybe this will help someone too who has these nasty bugs.

Regards
Longman

2 Likes

Great hint !! I had quitted playing the beta game due to frustration from those crashes, as starting from square one over and over again wasn’t really a joyful experience. Actually I did not encounter an “incident at the mill” as you mentioned but - to my shame - I accidentially injured the miller so badly that he died soon after running off to the nearby cottages. Since then I never again had those instant crashes from saving or loading the game. Anyway, I’d appreciate any feedback on what this “incident at the mill” Longman mentioned, really is … from my state of the game play I only see the miller, his wife, and a farmhand peacefully doing everyday work. Thanks so much - Cheers - Rob

@ProkyBrambora, @Wenceslaus could that be useful to you?

hmm I had several hours of play without any crash and after I encounter the four dudes at the mill the game started to corrupt my save files. First time I killed them at the mill and next save was corrupt, then I let them be and my 2nd save was corrupt (just before that I got a massage that someone died and I failed to meet him at the camp). I’ll try to load my last working save which is at the mill and follow them somewhere where i can kill them without witnesses.

who are these 4 that you speak of?

He is talking about the bandits. Morcock and his friends.