Game is too short

QFT.

If they “beat the game” in 24 hrs, then I suspect LewE may be the typical achievement driven die hard (console?) gamer. :rofl:

Especially given the extent of the mafia 2 movie length cut scenes, long NPC dialogue loading screens, and fact the game is a SLOW BURNER. So looks like they’re clearly not an immersion realism player either–which is what this game is all about :joy:

I’m a realism gamer and put in 2300+ hours into Skyrim since launch. Have yet to advance the MQ after after that first dragon fight & getting the quest to go fetch that 25 ton Moses tablet from the Jarl’s wizard). :rofl:

I’ve yet to scrape the surface of the DB let alone DG DLC. My character has been repeatedly stalked by crazy DB cultists and bloodthirsty Vampire Lords ever since I installed those DLCs. My Dovahkin finally got around to building his dream house in the HF DLC recently. Been distracted playing too many awesome realism mods (Frostfall/Campfire, Hunterborn/RWS, College Winterhold Immersive, Wet n Cold, RND, Private Needs/Osex, OBIS, CWO, Immersive Patrols etc). That’s before adding faction side quests like the Thieves Guild & Dark Brotherhood. Nevermind the epic scale DLC level mods the likes of Beyond Skyrim Bruma, Moonpath to Elysweyr and Falaaskar. Or immersive questing mods the likes of Legacy of Dragonborn Museum, Wyrmstooth, Helgen Reborn & Fight the Thalmor series. I’ve been basically playing a totally different game from the vanilla one with the MQ since launch.

IF players like the OP have already finished the game, then WH needs to step up and commit their promise to the fanbase. Release the modding tools they pledged on Kickstarter. If they don’t provide a strategic schedule for when modding will be available to the community, this could end up hurting the KCD franchise. KCD isn’t exactly a replayable RPG sandbox without mods TBH. The MQ storyline is far too linear, with insufficient side or faction quests (the way Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas were).

I’ve beaten the game, done the side quests, explored the maps, found the treasure chests and done the ancient maps.

The game plays RAPIDLY due to to factors:

1. There’s only 20 skill levels which are quickly and easily obtained.
  2. Combat is broken and easily exploitable. I haven’t lost a fight since Runt in the intro, especially since you can train without fear. Defeating lord capon was trivial. If you can’t kill a person with your sword (you’ll be able to cut most people down with 1-2 sword swings by mid-late game even if they’re in full plate armor) then just put an arrow in their head.

In the boss fight with runt I just pulled out my bow, stuck an arrow in his face and won instantly.

I love the game but it’s absolutely true that the pacing is broken and the content really just isn’t enough. Even most of the encounters are repetitive and uninteresting. Once you’ve seen one beggar you’ve seen them all, once you’ve fought the faint hearted knight once you’ve seen them a billion times (fun fact you can murder these people and they’ll STILL come back as encounters). You’ll see “Wayfarer” on your map and just tap escape because you’ve done it all by the time you’ve gone back and forth between 2 cities a couple times.

3 Likes

Can you still play the Sidequests after the Main Story is done? Or do you get the ending Cutscene and thats it?

I still haven’t finished after 98 hours. GAYM TO SHORT MUMMY :’((((

I don’t see the point of speeding through the main storyline, only to say “Game is too short”. It’s not short at all.

26 hours here so far. I have to investigate a man in Uzhitz, but I decided to go hunting in order to level up my bow skill. It ended with a fight against 2-3 Cumans who happened to be in the area when I was picking up a deer meat. After that I wanted to train myself in the art of combat, as I had some issues fighting the Cumans the other day. Both of the above took me like two in-game days, but it felt fun and meaningful to me.

I laughed on this title. Too short? Have you made ate least 1 potion? Or listened to the conversations and watched the cutscenes?
I’ve put 61 hours so far into the game, and still doing the Neuhof quest. Alto did a lot of side quests and exploration already.

1 Like

You should realy start to play RPGs a bit different way… Im on 105 hours and done like 50% of story… Just do side quests, traint character, explore map and enjoy all you can, RPGs are not about just about story line.

1 Like

You will not find any recognition here. Try some forum for speedrunners. People here actually play the game and enjoy taking their time with it.

2 Likes

Speed running really has nothing to do with it.

I’d say the game probably has about 30-40 Solid hours of gameplay.

It could be made longer (and better) by making the leveling slower though.

I have also completed the majority of the side quests but they get very repetitive, the game gets easier and easier as you progress being able to kill some people with one slash or two slashes and no I’m not a console gamer haven’t touched one properly in 6 years. I’m neither a speed runner looking for recognition i’m simply complaining that the game is short and is too easy and that the story has clearly been just set up for a sequel or dlc instead of making a full game.

Easy? Yes, but that should be fixed in game once all of the whiners have been purged.

Short? Depends what you compare it to, but there are plenty of activities and side quests which I doubt you could do that quickly unless you tried going for a speed run

Both Morrowind and Oblivion have been finished in under 5 minutes. Sure, some pretty exploity things need to be done.

Average time for Morrowind was about 47 hours. Oblivion averages at only 26 houts. That’s no DLC. Witchcer 3 averages at 48 hours, no DLC.

So your experience meshes nicely with the time to finish TES IV.

Yup, same here bro, done everything, already maxed out, and I think it’s useless to look for mods to increase NPC damage or make them more agressive since the combat is so explotable later on, (maces to the head, stab spam), and ambushes are not really a threat, also I don’t mind killing enemies with one well-placed arrow even “bosses”, It will be more immersion breaking to have a guy with an arrow sticking out his eye trying to fight back than going through plate armour with blades. WH is at fault in my opinion since they didn’t test their game, it’s a good game but needed more time in the oven, looking forward to whatever they release next.

It is short. Partly because they make it known in the trailers that if you don’t solve the quests in a reasonable time frame, that it goes on without you and ends. The side quests are too short. the people that were supposed to be individuals in the game, are generic. villager conversations are carbon copy. So you end up staying to the main quest line then the game is done fast. Most of it on the monastery which is a no combat zone. so you cant just enter the monastery and stab someone and leave(Or stab the gay rapist Circator for that matter every time he admonishes you). If you go all out in the monastery thing it is tedious. the potion making is ok, but the Latin Scribing needs work can’t figure out what scale they base skill at. the circators are a pain in the ass even when you did not do anything wrong. At least you can kill all the monastery guard’s quietly and Charlie Mike. the ending seems like another sequel coming in 9 mos. which was surprisingly quick with no meaningful quests left. the combat could use refining seemed clunky and slow to respond. If they don’t release mod tools it will be a shame. We will see if they quickly move on, or franchise it.

THAT

Thank you!

when you say completed, you have done all the quests and the main story ?

as it stands from what i have seen and others i would say your just noraml person you get on every game that says its to short then you find out they only did every main mission and none of the sides etc. why dont you show us what you have completed so we can see you have done everything. saying you did 75% and then they were repeative is not the same as doing 100% and saying completed. you can show the steam achicmenets for example as that will show whats been done.

I thought so too when I was playing the first few hours but this actually isn’t the case

Some quests do have a time limit, others not!

the hunting one, they ride off if you dont move quick enough

125 hrs. went through it twice. on my 3rd. the 2nd start at the millers. only dumb shit left until mods come out. but since your such a smart ass know it all, tell me what is
left over. Could have a lot more content and story on the Necronomicon thing. could have made a horror quest or something and tied the monastery quest and the witches thing but unfortunately brief and short. even after the demon outfit and such. kinda left hanging on the end no justice no peace. no final battle with the bald ****, no castle to call my own and no conquer and conquest. another missed opportunity. The history thing is a neat idea but gets in the way of a good adventure. you can make it realistic (no magic or monsters) you just have to make it satisfying.http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198015962986/stats/appid/379430/achievements