Game is too short

29hrs and not started the first Mission of the Main Quest in Rattay… but i love the sneaking :). This is my new Thief: The Dark Projekt <3

1 Like

should have based it on the life of Richard the Lionheart if the need to make it historical.

My issue is that once you enter into service, the game doesn’t really give you time for the side quests. I got to the end scene WAY to early, but honestly didn’t know it was approaching (whcih is a testament to the story). Each main quest either forces you into going right away, or implies problems if you do not. I’m going to replay and force in more of the side quests.

I only use a sword, because it looks cooler. And it retains some challenge against plate

Im hoping for dlc to address these matters

You hust have to pick the one that is actually latin.

For the others, yes the game is quite short, while games like Morrowind actually told you to do some sidequesting, skyrim had a mainquest that quickly got very hard (if you had the brain to increase difficulty to a level where it suits you early on) and you had to do sidequests to get stronger.

In KCD I felt rather weak and thought I didnt understand the combat system so I sidequested a lot. Once I had better gear and felt very confident about fighting I did the mainquest again which then pretty much asked me to stick to the mainquest, as things happened rather rapidly and everything seemed to be urgent. And bam, before I knew the game was finished and I got my virgin achievement.

I am currently replaying as a thief, likely something everybody does after first playthrough, and having to do all of the stupid 7h tutorial again feels rather stupid. I mean you are only pretty free to do some freelancing after doing the ginger quest. Maybe I am stupid for replaying the game whilst saying it has little replay value, but I want to give the game a chance to prove me wrong.

I agree with you! But only as the end of the game sucks! sure did some side quest got laid 2 times in the game. made every village love me. but for what? even as son of a lord they treat you as a peasant. and i want more armour items and clothes. same boring clolours as rattay and talmberg and so on. how about a cross or a lion on the cloth over your armour? can’t make or dye anything in the game. sure it was a good game and i enjoyed it, but so much missing in the game…

1 Like

Yeah the side quests in general are either not very exciting and feel like chores or they are totally broken and can’t be completed and can even corrupt future saves.

Anyone denying this game was released far too early is just in denial because of money spent or time spent as a backer but is what it is.

Story just ended with no resolutions and no real sense of accomplishment other than ability to one shot everything which is a whole other problem.

Yeah i play either nvidia 3dplay or oculus CV1 , even i own Skyrim for 12 years now i havent finished it in 300 hours, Fallout 4, 200 hours still at the beginning its not competition to finish games in a few hours, its like diving into the game world , why else look nowadays games enviroment almost as reality specially in 3D. I enjoy wandering through the world , dismember from time to time some NPC s , or being wasted and just admire the beautifull woods. Hahaha, thats gameplay for me…

You just rushed.

2 Likes

I have no doubt you finished the story in 24 hours game time, but you did not “play” it…i have hundreds of hours, granted that has some time wasted just having fun, but there is definitely more than 24 hours of content/exploring to do…stop rushing and enjoy it; if nothing else save the forums for real complaints regarding the game, not how you decided to beat it as fast as you could.

most RPGs the main story isn’t that long, it’s all the side stuff that makes it a fun game…KCD could use more but it’s not as small as you make it out to be

1 Like

In fact I’m overwhelmed what time can be spent in game just by character skills improving, wandering, searching things. Many treasures to find, animals to hunt… I’ve slowed down with the quest (after Ginger) and just learning and wandering. I also had idea to look for all the treasures immediately with online help, but why? It can be very nice quest itself! Also cleaning the area from bandits or becoming finest robber and looter, or finding best armors sets. Yes, the only gift at the end of such “personal” quests can be your satisfaction, but that’s it. There are so many possible challenges. So many possible hours and days with this nice “slow gaming”!
I only hope I’m not loosing too much originals quests with this approach, but I can always play again, I guess hardcore this time… :wink:

1 Like

My Henry is addicted to the dice game…that could add some gaming hours… Hope the captain doesn’t find out…

I know this is an old thread, has any DLC come out for this game?

1 Like

Yes there are 4 DLCs. The first 3 DLCs are good and the last one ( A Womans Lot) is great. :+1:

1 Like

The DLC’S are very good. I hope KCD adds more