Game needs difficulty settings

Does Dark Souls have a ‘no challenge, just enjoy the view’ mode? No, because that would undermine the game’s integrity and everything the developers wanted it to be. The game owes you nothing.

2 Likes

if you are to stupid to leave the tutorial area than you are not entitled to see the rest of the game its that easy.

1 Like

I really hope WH understands that their game isn’t actually “too hard” and they don’t need to make it easier. Posts like this scare me.

1 Like

We shall see. More often that not, we see the devs cave in and make the game easier. Usually this happens with sequels in a series though. So far they have made no acknowledgment about the game being too easy/hard.

Edit- Game is not too easy but could be indeed harder. - If you want to win every fight of the game go play The Witcher or grind your skills (I do not recomend honestly) enjoy the challenge. Heck Henry at the start is not even that bad with swords considering he never used one.

This game is easy, if you don’t think it’s easy I’ve got some bad news for you my friend. This game should actually be more difficult.

if you don’t find challenges fun then lay off the game. You clearly have zero desire for improving at the game which is just a sign of laziness. Go ahead and install a godmode mod, that should make it easy enough for you

1 Like

I mean there’s nothing bad in easy games or being lazy at videogames. Some games benefits a lot from being hard and some not. Kingdome Come sure needs to be a challenging game. Honestly there are some things like free food everywere that really are just there to make you life easier and its not needed considering is somenthing you have to care about. At that point it becomes just a tidious walk to the nearest pot (you do not own) and press A.

About riding horses I wont be so sure, I dont think commoners were all able to do that. Well for the rest I think you are right or kinda right in the end we dont know what are the strenght/drinking (mother says his friends drink a lot and its not clear if that is true) stats of other teenagers nor the game says he was good at dancing I could go do that toonight and not learn a thing :smiley: but I do get your point

I somewhat agree regarding the pots of free food essentially as it would make sense for pots to be in at least some locations like camps and homes. Even if the pots weren’t there breaking into the storage of an inn or hunting some game isn’t that difficult either.

So I think making the hunger system more difficult would be a pain in the ass to pull of when sticking to the realism

Did you even read the second part of my comment dude? I really enjoy the difficulty and appreciate how the game was intended to be played. Hell I can’t get enough of this game. I’m simply was stating that I could see myself getting discouraged at times when I really would just like to play casually after a long day of work, but there are other games for that and I realize that. Not sure how a difficulty slider would effect someone who likes the difficulty how it is now…if they did add an option, simply don’t change it. I’m sure some peeps that think the game is too easy would probably like a difficulty increase option. I get that it’s a “fixed experience” but there is a bit of wiggle room to help those less skilled experience the full beauty of this magnificent game.

“I agree with the difficulty settings” I didn’t make this very clear :stuck_out_tongue: but what I was saying is I agree with how the difficulty is now. I also agree that others out there, that love medieval history, but struggle with the game would benefit from a difficulty setting option. My wife for instance loves the game mostly for the story and scenic features but struggles to get ahead in combat. She has overcome this by playing a different role as a merchant, collecting loot and things to become the richest of Bohemia. This game has a wide audience my friend, some just struggle with combat.

After some time the game does become easier. Just takes practice, patience and perseverance. So those of you that are struggling with the game, just keep playing and you will get better :wink: Cheers and enjoy! :smile:

As far as difficulty goes, I was just like many of you guys that felt frustrated with how hard the game was. I took people’s advice online and stuck with it, practicing more. It wasn’t long before I realized the game is much more realistic than other games of it’s genre. I realized I needed to be fighting more balanced, combining both defense and offense fluidly, the more seemless the better chance of success. Now I am cutting down several opponents at a time (for the most part) and have really come to appreciated the depth of this challenging, realistic yet truly rewarding combat dynamic that this game has to offer.

The game does need a diffilculty slider, its all well and good all the elist replies, but the developer has not taken into account gamers with disabilities, or who are not as fast and nimble as they used to be.

I’ve waited decades for a game like this, and now I can’t even get past the “Run!” mission becuase I’m old and knackerd :stuck_out_tongue:

This game is amazing… Its about time i don’t have my hand held throughout the entire game. 10 thumbs up