Game wont' start up (PC)

I have the problem that the game won’t start up.

When i start it on steam or via the steam folder, only the “splash screen” or what you can call it, comes up and then nothing. It’s just there till i press it, and when i do it stops responding.

I also have waited for about 10-20 min while the “screen” launched but still nothing, it’s just stuck there.
I have tried to verify the game, reinstall it, unblock it from virus program, etc.

I have everything up to date.
But my question is, do I have all the files that required to start the game?

https://imgur.com/cBEfwMg
(perhaps it’s too little information?)
For what I read, lite here and there, i “suspect” that people do not get the full download of the game.

For some reason, I tried to install it on my GF’s computer and it WORKED, and I have no idea how. But I proceeded to copy all the files from her computer over to mine, in hope that it might work! But it didn’t…

At this moment I have no idea how to solve this myself.

Otherwise, if someone knows how to get it to start, please help!

(Also, I have all the required specs to play the game, ofc…)
Processor: Intel Core i7-6800K 3.40GHz,
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060
DirectX: Version 12

((Orginal post on steam, http://steamcommunity.com/app/379430/discussions/0/1700542332340454476/))

Take a quick look here…

1 Like

Thank you, but still does not work.

Sorry to hear. Please get in contact with the Support: Support@kingdomcomerpg.com

1 Like

Alright will do, Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, same problem with my version, I was trying to find a solution for an hour, then i went to original steam folder of the game and i´ve got the message vcruntime140.dll is missing after downloading the right one for my system into C. windows. system32, the game is working. Hope this help. Also antivirus exception of course.

I ran into what presents itself as the same issue. This was due to my DAC being setup with >192kHz quality settings. This seems to cause an issue with loading the deep river intro which causes the game to hold a black screen. In the first launched instance i was able to load but when in game no sound was presented. After restarting the game i was stuck on the black screen. Dropping the audio quality to 192kHz and boom… launched like a champ. Not sure if this is your issue, but it is definitely and active a easily reproducible bug.

2 Likes

hey i am getting the same black screen. i am shit with computers how did you drop your audio quality ?