Grindstone - Repair your sword Alpha 0.4

I don’t recall anyone posting about so I thought I would make a topic on it.

There are two grindstones (that I know of), one at the blacksmith in samopesh and one next the supply wagon at the military camp.

You can use the grindstone to repair/clean your blade, or should you apply pressure or angle incorrectly you will damage your blade.

All of this is demonstrated in the epic fail video below.

2 Likes

Yeah I am so confused with this, how does it work? I hope we get a tutorial or something soon. I have tried many of times and just flopped.

Im going to do some more experiments to see what works and what does not.

Logically you don’t want your edge against it so sharp angles will cause damage. Im not sure how much effect speed or pressure has.

If I learn more ill let you know.

Your avatar makes me feel under dressed.

I am testing on a blade with 100% and it’s not going down so I guess I am doing something right, only issue is when I get rid of the blood if I sheath it and pull it out, it’s bloodied again.

Well that’s actually realistic because you didn’t clean before you sheathed it the first time.

However I don’t know if it is intentional.

1 Like

I guess I sorta figured it out, you gotta make sure it sparts and not flat with the weird white glow.

3 Likes

what no water used on the grindstone, so a slight fine paste forms on the grindstone surface which helps create a sharp edge from honing/superfinishing with reduced imperfection and heat, rather than as depicted pure dry grinding with increased imperfection and heat due to the coarser nature of the grinding medium and lack of abrasive grains in a formed paste