Hardcore combat system

The asterix is explained right in the picture.

*Publishing on closed platforms is subject to approval by the platform holder. This can also influence release date there.

This is licensing deal not money issue. It was never mentioned that they don’t have plans to publish on consoles, on the contrary form start they were saying that they want to create user interface that is comfortable to use from both controller and keyboard with mouse.

2 Likes

Load up with a game pad and try it for yoursel,f it may not be easier for your personal preferences.

For me personally the Keyboard controls need remapped and then they will be great, but overall the combat in this build does respond much better with game pad.

Dev team even left note about it on the change log screen.

Would be nice to have third person, and when engaged in combat, camera zooms in closer over shoulder, so you can get a better FOV

There was a huge war over this, and the only way you’d get TPV is to mod it in.

Oh I’m aware of the “war”. Pretty pathetic one exists in the first place. The degree of selfishness is absurd. With that said, I think third person view will be implemented come release time. That way console users will get the benefit of it. Dan wants it in the game, has said it wouldn’t take away time from the game to implement as it’s essentially already there, and the vast majority of people (80%) want it in the game or don’t care if it’s in the game.

If they put it in as an option, then they’ll solve the entire problem people made about TPV ruining a first person only game. I mean the Elder Scrolls had 3rd person, and yet was made for first person. Did it ruin the game? Not at all. I like seeing the armor I have on, but I hate 3rd person otherwise (the combat looks like crap in third person) Mount & Blade however I only play in 3rd person because it feels like it was made for 3rd person (and those fking Khanite horsemen are cts to deal with if you can’t see them) So if they add in the options menu a TPV or, like the Elder Scrolls, have it assigned to a certain button, then it’ll piss 20% of people off, but come on. What’s 20% compared to 60% who don’t care and 20% who do want it?

2 Likes

Game based at realism shouldn’t have 3rd person, it’s still a game though. But I know the style of people in Warhorse, their goal is to make KCD as realistic as possible and make something original, that means to make combat in 1st person against multiple opponents for example. To be honest, I haven’t seen any game where you can actually fight like 3 opponents at the time and you can get killed in first hit, that’s why people like it so much I think. :wink:

You do understand that neither view is realistic to real life, correct? First person view has no peripheral vision, which is the one thing third person view provides.

There are pluses and minuses to both arguments. But saying third person is less realistic than first is NOT an argument.

1 Like

Actually 1st person veiw IS more realistic than 3rd person view.

Firstly you can have three monitors and wide FOV, then you have peripheral vision.

Also 3rd person view provides you with possibilites that you could not have in real life. like: seeing your body, seeing behind corners, seeing behind yourself.

That is why 1st person view is more immersing because it is more realistic.

Yes it is not an argument, it is a fact.

1 Like

with the type of full body awareness system war horse is implementing, i think you get even better sense of spatial awareness and knowing of where you are in relation to other objects than 3rd person, as well. the realism argument for its inclusion has been thoroughly deflated, one would be better served to argue for its inclusion on other merits.

Ok so before another thread dies because of the 3rd person camera argument I will again quote Dan on the subject.

Should you wish to continue the TPV conversation please do so Here.

I have you had any success in learning how to break lock and switch more quickly?

Yes and no. Keep in mind that not EVERYONE has the money or space to run three monitors in an ultra-wide FOV. I have this same sort of argument in whether or not to include range counters and ID tags in WWI and WWII-era flight simulators — if you were to extrapolate the resolution of the average player’s monitor to real-life visual acuity, most players’ computer hardware actually simulates a pilot who would be LEGALLY BLIND.

1 Like

Good thing it’s sword play and not dogfighting, you don’t really need a huge FOV to take on three targets anyway. The fact they can get around the back of you that makes you as a person have to work on your situational awareness by moving around rather than having third person mode and not having to worry about enemies positions.

1 Like

You’re still not getting it. The average human FOV is about 180 degrees. PC games typically have a FOV of 90 degrees. Consoles generally about 60. If you don’t think that makes a MASSIVE difference in your peripheral version, I challenge you to walk around with a box designed to restrict your view to between 60 and 90 degrees taped to your face.

I swordfight IRL, usually in multiple vs. multiple matches, and believe me, that missing 90-120 degrees makes a HUGE difference. It is NOT a matter of “working on your situational awareness.” YOU ARE OUTRIGHT LOSING AWARENESS YOU WOULD HAVE IN REAL LIFE. It is an artificial restriction brought on by hardware limitation. PERIOD.

Not everyone is able to use multiple monitors to increase their FOV. Either they don’t have the space for three monitors, or they can’t afford the cost of them or the video card to support them.

It’s what’s called “Acceptable Breaks From Reality.” Properly-implemented 3rd person done in a manner that compensates for hardware limitations without exceeding them (IE, not allowing you to peek around blind corners by, say, only rendering people that are actually IN the FoV) is exactly this.

2 Likes

Because walking around a corner and having AI render in is a better alternative? also you are forgetting when you see something in game it is in focus, with your peripheral view you can just see a blur, maybe they could implement something that makes you aware of that but adding 3rd person is a stupid way to implement it.

Not to mention if you have a helmet on you are cheating with third person. You can’t all of a sudden force people into first person because they’d complain about that too.

You say that you are losing a lot from not having 180 degree peripheral but you really aren’t you are losing your ability to relax and not check your flanks. All this sounds like to me is that you want to make the game easier by having third person not because its “more realistic” because of your peripheral dependency.

in real life not everything is rendered to see you have to adapt your view to focus (unlike monitors), sadly we can’t reciprocate eye movement (without expensive gear) so I don’t see why moving the mouse instead of seeing more through third person is even a thing.

Uhh… what? Thats exactly what you need…

All that you saying sounds me like you never did any martial art or fencing and just imagine player should be as restricted as possible becouse the more obstacles means more realism. But that isn’t true.

But as @McWonderBeast wrote, we should move to proper thread.

1 Like

I am going off of the current system, When I went against two I almost had no issue’s with FOV

There is no need, I have made my opinion apparent, I don’t think third person is a good alternative just for the extra FOV, there are small implications that make FOV not as big of an issue and if people aren’t willing to adapt, then beg away. You could just try looking around more.

I would like to note I never said the more “obstacles” the better. You have manage to conjure that up quite impressively.

You’re right I haven’t done martial arts, I drive a motorcycle which you could argue depends on it more. I would also like to note you have not made any valid points. All you have done is just said no to everything I quoted.

If you wish to take this conversation further feel free to PM me but there is little to no that I can add.

What you lose on FoV vision can be fixed by good sound system. But if you have one guy in front of you and other one behind you, your only chance to fight them is actually to move around a lot, but if you willing to just turning around each 3 sec like a horny dog, it’s up to you…

ninja style uh? i hope that such thing won’t be present in the final game. the thing is, the game aims to be as realistic as possible and if you parry one attack, you simply can’t parry the other coming from the second opponent. it’s pretty simple. so, should they change it? no. you simply have to find another way of approching that situation. A lot of people claims the combat sistem to be hardcore, even without tryng it…but it simply isn’t. Of course, is not an hack and slash like skyrim, is simply something easy to learn and difficult to master. Btw, if you fight with more than 2 guys you need to switch constantly from one to another, you can’t do more than that. And that’s how it should be. you’re just the average Joe, not some freaking dovahkiin capable of taking out 20 opponents at time.