Hardcore combat system

Hey guys,

I’ve played some hours in Kingdom come and I realised that combat is actually ‘hardcore’…
No… I’m not going to complain about that you can die after first hit, I actually like that realism, but the fact that you can fight more than one opponent at the time is totally hard. For example the quest where you have to kill the ‘cuman’ and there are 2 of them in a camp. It’s great to fight more than one guy at the same time so the opponents are doing something else than just ‘‘watching’’ their mate to die in a distance.
But the problem is, that if you parry with one guy and trying to counter-attack, the other guy will hit you before you can even manage to respond to it…

I know that developers will do something about it and it’s only alfa version but we can share our ideas how to deal with situations like this.

Maybe it could be good that when you’ll get trained enough you’ll have better ‘reactions’ to respond to the attacking opponent and move away if you’ll press parry button at the right time, or if you would be able to do some kind of combo and be able to do some ‘‘ninja style’’ combat as well at some point of skill… :grinning:
Had an idea that your ‘FoV’ could be bigger when your in a combat against multiple opponents as well.

Also archery is nice type of combat which I really want to enjoy later on, but you cant kill opponents by one arrow at the moment which is really unrealistic althrough it’s not even easy to aim and even if you manage to shoot your opponent to the head from 10m, all he does is stop for 3-5 sec and continue to chase you around…
But it’s only alpha and we all know it… :wink:

Lets share your ideas… :+1:
And thanks for reading… :relaxed:

1 Like

When you look at the loading screen, you will see there is written that only combat 1on1 is supposed to be implement, so I’m pretty sure that combat against more oponents simply doesn’t work as it should. Same goes imo for archery and even AI of oponents is unfinished.

1 Like

Im horrible at reading cursive I was only able to make out a few things thanks for pointing that out!

I have a save for combat I have been continuing, I currently have 30 strength I want to see if I can kill them more effective with that stat increased.

1 Like

I know it is written on the loading screen, I just wanted to share some of my ideas. Also I expect things not being finished in alpha version of the game.

Sorry for my cursive writing, I just liked the style…

And yeah, try it out if player stats are actually working now, but I don’t think so that there will be some massive difference now. Maybe if you’ll manage to get like 60+ strength you’ll be able to make the simillar amount of damage as they do to you.

I was referring to what @Freix was talking about.

Combat is best with joypad! - this is the only one I can read completely.

‘‘Combat’s best with joypad!’’

‘‘Work in progress features rai zones be heavily uppiable Amming love loposnt’’

‘‘c mnsur maukuar atardioz all wights wernewneed.’’

That’s the best I can do with the images. Sorry it doesn’t make too much sense.

EDIT: Thanks to everyone adding on, this is what it says now. :smile:

‘‘Combat’s best with joypad!’’

‘‘Work in progress features are gonna be heavily unplayable during development.’’

‘‘© 2015 Warhorse Studios all rights reserved.’’

Lol

I have now clue about the third but the most I get from the second is

“Work in progress features are gonna be heavily unplayable (something) development”

Clearly its: "Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn!"
Which told us who will be the final boss.

2 Likes

Combat is too much easy, need better AI opponents.

Ha, cracked the third one!
"c mmxv warhorse studios all rights reserved"
c stands for ©
mmxv is Roman for 2015

As for the second text:
(something) = during

Can’t resolve the word before that. It does look like ‘unplayable’, however features are playable so far and it’s not a word I would expect in this context.
‘unstable’ perhaps? Maybe ‘upgraded’? (spellt ‘upgrade’ and being a typo)?

Also the ‘are’ in ‘are gonna be’ doesn’t look like ‘are’ at all :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think I got the second one:

but i really thing the “upgade” is really some kind of typo.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Hardcore combat system:

[quote=“TheKnightinBlack, post:7, topic:23803, full:true”]
’‘Combat’s best with joypad!’’[/quote]

Surely, the game is actually better to play on joypad right now. But the game itself is supposed to be played on PC with mouse and keyboard, it’s just matter of time until developers will improve overall gameplay.
I haven’t played KCD on joypad yet, but I can’t imagine how hard it must be to aim with the bow, actually I don’t understand how it can be soo shaky when aiming, is it because of your player stats and the aiming will be steadier when you got more skill with a bow, or it’s just how mechanics work right now? :grinning:

Brew yourself an archery potion (ingerdients can be bought at shop in samopše).
It will give you better skill with bow so you can find out yourself how it will affect your experience.

1 Like

They never said this, it’s not going to be made “better” for either one. They plan to make a game that works perfectly with both. It is planned as a Cross Platform game afterall

1 Like

I didn’t say that it will be better on any of them… But the game was planned to be played only on PC with mouse and keyboard. :slight_smile:

Originally but that has changed, it’ll be made equal on both I’d imagine, in regards to your comment about the bow and joypad, its really not that bad. I sorta prefer it if I must be honest

1 Like

This seems to be getting brought up allot lately and is simply untrue.

From the kickstater campaign page.

I have been following this game closely, and I have yet to see once that the game is designed to be PC only or even KB/M only.

Since the first gameplay video you can see Developers using controller (first stream Dan is using controller) and KB/M depending on who is playing, presumably because just like most people out there not everyone who plays PC strictly uses KB/M.

Depends on the player, I cant shoot for shit with KB/M but I hit bulls eye almost every shot using Gamepad.

Your skill in archery is supposed to be that of a beginner so that’s how it is represented in game. Currently you can make the archery potion which simulates what effects increasing your skill with the bow will be like.

It was either a recent video update or one of the E3 videos Dan mentions that the potion will not be in the final game, its just a placeholder to demonstrate skill development.

1 Like

If you look at the picture you shown, there is a little star next to Xbox and PS4, it was just matter how much money they’ll get so it would be possible to make version for consoles as well… :wink:

Also I’ve read somewhere in the forum that the game on gamepad is easier but I kinda don’t believe it… :grinning: