''Henry is here!'' ''Oh Henry has come to see us!''

One of the things I noticed first when saw this on Kickstarter the 1st day it was there was the ‘‘not the choosen one’’ and all that. Like in Skyrim everyone knows who you are, everyone talks to you when you pass them because of the choosen one and Dragonborn typical RPG game. And in the start of this game it was great, like noone know who you are or not care.

But then later in the story… ‘‘Henry is here!’’ ‘‘Oh Henry has come to see us!’’ is all I hear. Just sits in the tavern playing Dice while waiting for someone and people are talking about me everywhere, everyone passing by the dice table talks about Henry is here. Can this please be toned down in a update Warhorse?.. I know this is a small thing, but when I don’t have many bugs(only ones I can think about is stuck in stairs and doors) then this is all annoying things I have to mention…

13 Likes

I mean…even sir Robard?.. come on devs, please adjust this in next/future update it’s like beeing dragonborn again…

9 Likes

I would bet this is more about the armor and you looking exactly like a knight… There is no reason why Henrys friends would have that response also. If you are dirty they say certain things too, i think that’s what it is.

3 Likes

Yeah, don’t get me wrong the story is great. I love the game, but I have to agree with being a god… Also I don’t enjoy being an errand boy

1 Like

I just took of all my armor because im prepering for a mission that requiere stealth, still same thing. It’s clearly Henry and not his armor or anything like that

And like zeltchoron I really love this game and story but this is getting a bit… stupid, I thought we were not supposed to be the chosen one in this game, but the way the NPC talk to you after a while in the story you feel more like a god in this game then Skyrim and other RPG’s…

1 Like

Its a parade whenever I walk into Rattay :joy:

7 Likes

My thoughts exactly. I would very much like to see this reduced to minimum.

Spoilers here

Summary

I’m on the part with the siege of Talmberg, why must I have all people have to:
Get the pitch
Get the ale
Get the game
Boost morale
Help with the trebuche
Get some potions for the watchmen
Find a priest
Should I wipe their arses and relive them of some stress if you catch my drift…

Really a bit much

It if you have high rep in that town. It basically like everyone knows you now because you’ve been spending time in that town.

1 Like

Guess it’s time to test this mod…

Considering you do the king’s bidding and fight on his behalf, everyone would know you lol. It’s only like 20 people in a town. Personally I think you don’t get enough recognition when the stupid guards search you every 15 seconds.

I’ve noticed in Europe especially in small towns when they know you they usually greet you. in Germany up to Austria its “grüß Gott” (God bless). in Holland its usually “hoi” (hi/how are you?). So I think its common also back then since its a close knit community to greet the ones they know. from the other countries i’ve been they usually smile at you once they get to know you or wave “hi” when you pass-by. so I guess the game could adopt to that. because i had an instance where i went to the bath-house to do …you know… and everyone is saying “Oh Henry has come to see us.” and “Henry is here!!!” if its real world that would be embarrassing…

1 Like

Well, then it would be cool, if traders, for example, would also greet other people that walked into their shop like that.

3 Likes

Yea… when a bandit knows and greets you, you know something is wrong.

There is a differance between know you and throwing a parade for you everytime you visit a village. I mean take Sasau att the inn’s, you just sit and play dice. And I end up muting the game because EVERYONE who walk past you are ‘‘Henry is here!!’’ ‘‘Henry has come to see us!!’’ And you can walk behind Hanush, Divish or who ever else character in the game and they don’t say anything, it’s just Henry. Sometimes this game makes me feel more like the dragonborn then Skyrim…

Agree ! It must be reworked. Too many “Hi Henry” “Henry is here” …

The fun thing is that you can get this kind of reaction from people you had never, ever even talked to.

When it happened at some mill I was kinda “Wth?? Do I even know you?”

1 Like

Well of course you’re going to end up being an Alpha Male/Demi God. That’s how it is in games and movies. The main character you’re supposed to take a liking to never loses an arguement, never gets humiliated, but if he does he’ll get revenge and it’ll be even more humiliating, he’s always a ladiesman, he’s always good looking, he’s always the hero, etc etc.

It would be boring otherwise.

All Henry has to do is find some nightengales or poach some skins for a crooked Tanner and then he’s a legendary hero. I can be stumbling drunk and the npcs don’t care about that… They are just so excited Henry has graced them with his presence. It’s clear this was implemented and absolutely no effort went into balancing it out as well as many other things… They just wanted to fix as many bugs as possible before release which led to nothing being balanced at all in the game.

A very funny thing is when you find a dead body on the road and you realize that the person supposed to ambush you and set you up, greets you and you hear that greeting voice in the middle of the bushes by completely spoiling himself ahaha

1 Like